Ok, so we agree to pity each other, for various reasons. I'm OK with that.

Pity, according to Nietzsche, is nothing less than the multiplication of suffering, in that it allows us to suffer along with those for whom we feel pity. It depresses us, sapping us of our strength and will to power.

• Fire 1
Pity, according to Nietzsche, is nothing less than the multiplication of suffering, in that it allows us to suffer along with those for whom we feel pity. It depresses us, sapping us of our strength and will to power.

That's deep. I'm too busy watching a tantrum unfold to really contemplate Nietzsche right now.

Listen, we're all super impressed by how above the fray you are. You're better than the rest of us poor schlupps who remember winning championships back in the day.

Really. We care that you're better than that. Seriously. You are super impressive in your dispassion. You make the blue-hairs who raise an eyebrow at a touchdown seem like wildly exuberant fans.

If only the whole stadium were full of unimpressed fans. It would be so great.

• Fire 1

I'm certainly glad that the program is less focused on the 1990's than the fan base seems to be.

"You're only as good as your next game."

The players themselves continually talk about playing like the teams of the '90s, being like the "Pipe Line" ect.

Striving to be the best is the goal of every team every season. The fact that arguably the best team ever was the '95 Huskers, it seem completely relevant for people to bring up "The Past".

• Fire 1

I'm glad that some folks have such a high opinion of themselves, because they think living in the past is for hopeless, dumb bastards, such as myself, that like to occasionally revel in past greatness. But, since there are individuals that are more important than the rest of us, I guess I should just go throw my Brook Berringer jersey in the garbage, because living in the past is pointless, and I should only worry about the now...

• Fire 1

That's deep. I'm too busy watching a tantrum unfold to really contemplate Nietzsche right now.

Oh, shut up.

Oh, shut up.

Be careful, you may rile up the arbiter of all things Husker Football