Anyone have traditions for the week leading up to the first game?

I wake up at 2am.

I drink an entire bottle of Vermouth.

I then watch the movie "Powder".

I vomit.

I then sleep until 9:43am.

I eat a breakfast of black olives, anchovies and tofu.

I drink another bottle of Vermouth.

I begin my Hindu Squat regimen until one hour before game time.

I vomit.

After that, I kinda play it by ear.

You had me at "Powder".

On early Thursday starting at the stroke of midnight I light 5 Red Candles. Midnight marks the official beginning of the day college football kicks off. Each of the five candles represents a National Championship. At 9am on Thursday I walk outside and sing "Come a Running Boys" under the tree in the front yard. Then I get the ladder out and string up red and white decorative lights around the front threshold. In the evening I watch college football and anxiously wait to hear any mention of Nebraka by the commentators. On Friday morning I sit outside of the Big Red Breakfast in Omaha hoping to catch a glimpse of Bo and the other coaches. I then drive to Lincoln to memorial stadium to take photographs and stare longingly at Memorial Stadium. Saturday at midnight I light one white candle and perform a seance, rousing the spirit of the Great Bob Devaney asking him for a divination on the outcome of the days game and the upcoming season. I then stay up until sunrise and go outside to chant "Go Big Red" as the sun comes up. Afterward I go back inside and play Husker Fight songs like Hail Varsity, There is no place like Nebraska, and Mr. Touchdown USA on the stereo while eating pancakes in the shape of Husker "N's"

Then about 10 AM I fall asleep and sleep until about 6 or 7PM. Then watch the DVR of the game and wish I hadn't gone through all the BS. The price we everyday Husker fans pay....

I start off the week fairly optimistic that the Huskers are going to win. Every day through out the week that improves to the point that by the time Saturday morning comes around, I think we are going to roll who ever we are playing by 40 points and there is no way that team can score on our defense. This happens no matter who we are playing.

Part of it is that I refuse to get into negative conversations about the Huskers as game day approaches. I find that I enjoy life much more if I do that.

I start off the week fairly optimistic that the Huskers are going to win. Every day through out the week that improves to the point that by the time Saturday morning comes around, I think we are going to roll who ever we are playing by 40 points and there is no way that team can score on our defense. This happens no matter who we are playing.

Part of it is that I refuse to get into negative conversations about the Huskers as game day approaches. I find that I enjoy life much more if I do that.

been a rough decade for you huh?

been a rough decade for you huh?

Not really. I'm right way more often than I am wrong on my prediction of a win. And, negative people just piss me off. So, I try to simply avoid them. Once I realize who they are, I'm a happy camper.

I try not to think about the season at all starting about Wednesday. Clear my mind completely.

Also I mow the lawn and smell the grass

You have to find some field turf to mow....to get that authentic Husker experience.

My 7 yr old son plays on field turf. I go there and make shredded tire angels.

Btw, my wife got him and my daughter some sweet schwag at the Estes Park husker store.

Maybe huskerboard should all be doing the same thing this Wednesday night as a new pre 1st game tradition.

Everyone light a red candle and drink a glass of red wine/red beer/kool aide/etc....

Suggestions?

How about we all wear our red lace thongs while posting on huskerboard.

idkwhenillusethis.gif

• Fire 1

Get completely sh#t bombed, and kill a couple hookers...

Monday - Wednesday: Watch replays from previous year's games

Thursday - Work day drags way longer than usual, get home and prepare for the season to start!

Friday

1. Buy a new gameday shirt

2. Buy a new gameday hat

3. Buy tons of beer

4. Watch Michigan State Beat Boise (insert different teams for previous years)

Saturday: Pray my hangover isn't too hellacious, start pregaming and wait anxiously until I am on the verge of a panic attack

Buy new Husker Shirt

Watch Old Husker Stuff (dvd's my tons of vhs tapes of games)

Play NCAA 2012 (NCAA 13 coming from SI package)

Listen to "Husker Music" been listening to sirius and stuff on facebook while working out

Watch tons of Nebraska related stuff on youtube

Count down hours minutes and seconds till Nebraska Football Kickoff