injuries

So is Rex definitely out for @UCLA? That would suck. At halftime it sounded like Bo thought all would be OK and he'd just be done for today's game.

day to day

He should be good to go at UCLA if necessary.

Personally, I'd sit him, let the young guns play until they prove they can't get the job done or until Rex is back to 100% or close to it. No reason to risk it as we are going to need him for conference play.

So is Rex definitely out for @UCLA? That would suck. At halftime it sounded like Bo thought all would be OK and he'd just be done for today's game.

day to day

Personally, I'd sit him, let the young guns play until they prove they can't get the job done or until Rex is back to 100% or close to it. No reason to risk it as we are going to need him for conference play.

Totally agreee. No need to further aggravate an injury of that kind.

day to day

I dont know about this. There was a rumor going around the pay sites last night that Rex was injured, then he gets 2 or 3 carries and hes out, not sure whats up. Bo also said we would be fine during halftime of the South Carolina game, cant trust a thing he says. I hope they dont try and bring him back when hes not ready, could ruin his entire career, give him a medical redshirt and well see ya next year buddy.

We're fine without Cotton - Long and Reed are good. We're fine without Marlowe - he's like 5th on the depth chart anyways.

Rex - this goes without saying but we need the guy. I don't need to tell you guys about how his running skills are important, but also from a depth standpoint - we need our starting RB to be there to shoulder the load. Ameer would do fine filling in, but there's nobody behind Ameer to fill in some backup role voids.

We're fine without Cotton - Long and Reed are good. We're fine without Marlowe - he's like 5th on the depth chart anyways.

Rex - this goes without saying but we need the guy. I don't need to tell you guys about how his running skills are important, but also from a depth standpoint - we need our starting RB to be there to shoulder the load. Ameer would do fine filling in, but there's nobody behind Ameer to fill in some backup role voids.

Heard? Still think he wil end up being the better back by the time they both graduate. Cross looks promising as well, not saying we dont need Rex, if this was 2011 i would go ahead and throw in the towel without Rex, this year we can manage without him, but of course we are a better team with Rex.

Wonder if Marlows injury will yank Jordan's Redshirt, he will be out for probably at least 3 weeks if not more

This is a 10 to 12 week injury or longer depending on how it is broken.

Hell, if that's true give him his medical redshirt and call it good.

We're pretty deep at WR without Marlow even. I mean we're at least 6 deep there. We still have Bell, Turner, Enunwa, Wullenwaber, Allen, and Osborne getting solid reps. Lets not waste a year for Westerkamp if we don't have too.

Heard? Still think he wil end up being the better back by the time they both graduate. Cross looks promising as well, not saying we dont need Rex, if this was 2011 i would go ahead and throw in the towel without Rex, this year we can manage without him, but of course we are a better team with Rex.

While I'm extremely pleased with our offensive performance against Southern Miss, I'm also very guarded because of our inconsistency in the past. I wouldn't say we can manage without him just yet. Still a huge loss right now and I know you know that. Not really worried until we get to the Wisconsin game and we start conference play. We SHOULD beat all of our opponents up until then.

While I'm extremely pleased with our offensive performance against Southern Miss, I'm also very guarded because of our inconsistency in the past. I wouldn't say we can manage without him just yet. Still a huge loss right now and I know you know that. Not really worried until we get to the Wisconsin game and we start conference play. We SHOULD beat all of our opponents up until then.

I agree, i just have a feeling Rex is done. If it wasnt for the rumor last night, i wouldnt feel this way, it cant just be a coincidence. As im watching the BTN final show Rex was jumping up and down after his TD so maybe it was a fluke thing and the rumor was just a rumor. I just wouldnt be surprised if this nags him all year (which is what the rumor said would happen)