Where will Nebraska end up in the polls this week?

ladyhawke

As I looked at who won and who lost this week, I wondered if we might move up in the polls this week given that Michigan lost and some of the other B1G teams played so poorly. I'm hoping we don't move up too much. I like it that we are playing 'under the radar' but we did play a pretty good team this past weekend and beat them soundly. Any predictions? (And yeah, I know-it's only a non-con game and it's the first game but I'm curious just the same. :) )

Wouldn't shock me in the least if we drop a spot. Noone above us that lost will fall low enough to end up behind us yet and the voters could be dumb enough to see the score of the Oklahoma State game and bump them way too high above teams they shouldn't... like us.

1. Alabama

2, USC

3. LSU

4. Florida State

5. Oregon

6. Oklahoma

7. Georgia

8. Arkansas

9. West Virginia

10. South Carolina

11, Michigan

12. Michigan State

13. Clemson

14. Oklahoma State

15. Wisconsin

16. Texas

17. Nebraska

18. TCU

19. Virginia Tech (assuming they beat GT)

20. Kansas State

21. Notre Dame

22. Stanford

23. Florida

24. Boise State

25. Louisville

Wouldn't shock me in the least if we drop a spot. Noone above us that lost will fall low enough to end up behind us yet and the voters could be dumb enough to see the score of the Oklahoma State game and bump them way too high above teams they shouldn't... like us.

Based on Coaches or AP jokers or both?

1. Alabama

2, USC

3. LSU

4. Florida State

5. Oregon

6. Oklahoma

7. Georgia

8. Arkansas

9. West Virginia

10. South Carolina

11, Michigan

12. Michigan State

13. Clemson

14. Oklahoma State

15. Wisconsin

16. Texas

17. Nebraska

18. TCU

19. Virginia Tech (assuming they beat GT)

20. Kansas State

21. Notre Dame

22. Stanford

23. Florida

24. Boise State

25. Louisville

You forgot Ohio state who was only one spot behind us and will most likely jump us for being a media darling

Using the coaches poll is a good idea in principle, but is actually really flawed. They don't watch the games, they have no time. I bet the only thing they are able to do is quickly glance at records and go straight off that and their own set perception of a team. Not saying the AP is the one to go with though, media bias has to skew it some, but no poll is a good one.

That being said, we deserve to move up at least one spot.

Using the coaches poll is a good idea in principle, but is actually really flawed. They don't watch the games, they have no time. I bet the only thing they are able to do is quickly glance at records and go straight off that and their own set perception of a team. Not saying the AP is the one to go with though, media bias has to skew it some, but no poll is a good one.

That being said, we deserve to move up at least one spot.

Absolutely. It's absurd they have a poll. You'd have to think most of these coaches either vote for what's in the best interest of their program or have some assistant do it.