Brain Fart(s) on Kenny Bell's TD catch?

The Dude

Side rant: With 16:9 aspect ratios, the networks have the opportunity to show us a great deal of what is happening downfield (incredibly useful on passing plays) which is something you can only traditionally do when watching the game in person. But instead, they choose to virtually center the LOS, thus showing 10-15 yards of empty field behind the QB/RB. So I can't tell if a post route is wide open or what coverage the safeties are in, but I can check at out that sparrow digging around 10 yards behind Martinez.

:unsure:

A year ago, Turner doesn't recognize that. Shoot, a year ago, he was on the sideline. So were senior Steven Osborne, sophomore Tyler Wullenwaber and sophomore Tyler Evans.

Suddenly, Nebraska appears to have developed a deep receiving unit, full of potential with guys who've learned how to supplement their game-changing physical gifts with on-the-fly awareness. The result, at least on one afternoon, will likely worry any opposing secondary tasked with slowing them down. LINK

This from the OWH article RedDenver linked.

The pass to Bell off the audible was a great play. And really, the whole game was an awesome display of a passing attack. One of the best Husker passing games I've seen. Huge, huge improvement from last season.

That was actually a great play on their part! The coached raved about how great of a play that was. It was supposed to be a run and that's why Allen and Turner are on the line. But Martinez saw a mismatch with Bell and the defender. So he called an audible. If either of those two guys went down field it would have been a penalty. Heads up play by those two!

I still don't buy it. That was a set play.

Side rant: With 16:9 aspect ratios, the networks have the opportunity to show us a great deal of what is happening downfield (incredibly useful on passing plays) which is something you can only traditionally do when watching the game in person. But instead, they choose to virtually center the LOS, thus showing 10-15 yards of empty field behind the QB/RB. So I can't tell if a post route is wide open or what coverage the safeties are in, but I can check at out that sparrow digging around 10 yards behind Martinez.

:unsure:

This has to be for excitement factor. A lot of the time when we do a long pass play I stand up right as the QB is throwing and the most exciting part is wondering if the target is open. Those plays wouldn't be as exciting if we saw the whole field, imo

Taylor also had a wide open #82 Wullenwaber on the other side of the endzone as well.

Well, single coverage. Wullenwaber dusted his man but there was still safety coverage over the top. After the throw was launched in another direction that safety went to get to Osborne.

That play with Bell cracks me up! :lol: Awesomely heads-up by the receivers, and Coach Fisher.

Turner doesn't look like he's on the line of scrimmage, which would put 5 guys in the backfield, with the qb and two rb's plus Bell and Turner. Having Turner covered either tips the defense to the run, or drags a cb out to cover Turner who can't be a downfield receiver.

I was thinking that too. You will very rarely see a formation like this (two-back trips) because one receiver will always be ineligible.

I think Turner was confirmed to be on the line by the line judge even though he was technically a yard off. Otherwise it would have been an illegal formation.