UCLA making the Husker game a big event to draw fans

knapplc

Watch him do what? He doesn't play any football.

Low blow man. Cam is solid for us. Sure, he's not going to chase down a guy like Anthony Alford. But there aren't that many down-linemen that can. Meredith's job is to wreak havoc and disrupt. And he does a pretty good job of that.

• Fire 2

There were some great travel packages for this game. My pops got hotel, tickets, plane and his share of the rental car for $370-ish. It was under $400, for certain. That's insane. Had I known (thanks, dad! :rolleyes: ) I would have gone.

I'm trying to figure out how old a Pops of knapp might be and I don't think that number is invented yet.

There were some great travel packages for this game. My pops got hotel, tickets, plane and his share of the rental car for $370-ish. It was under $400, for certain. That's insane. Had I known (thanks, dad! :rolleyes: ) I would have gone.

I'm trying to figure out how old a Pops of knapp might be and I don't think that number is invented yet.

He's 16, because his age odometer turned over 16 years ago.

• Fire 1

They're going to celebrate losing to Nebraska with fireworks? Seems awkward. How many UCLA fans are going to stick around for fireworks when their team is losing 55-10 late in the 3rd quarter?

UCLA fans don't even quit tailgating till the first quarter is over- they leave after the 3rd quarter.....most are just going out for drinks and some fresh air, not many take Bruins football too seriously- if they did they wouldn't have to bribe them with fireworks displays

i live in north hollywood...lived in long beach before this. i've been going to husker bars for the past 3-4 years to watch games and can make a pretty good estimated guess that we're gonna have 1/3 of the stadium colored red...there's more UCLA fans than you'd think and everyone that has season tickets will come to the game hoping to see an upset. ESPECIALLY after their offense had such a great showing last week compared to the entirety of last year. at any rate, i can't WAIT for saturday to get here!

Taylor Martinez has 40-50 people coming just to watch him... That's pretty sweet, not gonna lie.

Didn't Meredith say he had like 200 people coming?

Watch him do what? He doesn't play any football.

Pretty cool.................bust on a college kid for busting his butt on the field playing for a team and school you'd love to play for. Keep being awesome........... :sarcasm

• Fire 2

Seems ticket sales have been dismal for the Bruins for a while (not surprising with Neuheisel* as their coach), and with a Husker Red Tide rolling their way, Bruins officials are dreaming up ways to draw their own fans to the game:

top-25 opponent should be an easy week for the UCLA marketing department. Instead, there has been a ticket campaign, with a side show and a give-away included in the package.

Besides the postgame fireworks, the first 10,000 fans will receive a UCLA team poster. No word whether that's the first 10,000 fans not clad in red.

UCLA officials said that the promotions have nothing to do with lagging ticket sales or the legion of fans trailing after the 17th-ranked Cornhuskers.

"The reason for the fireworks and posters is the fact that this game marks the start of the Jim Mora era and we want to start it off — if you pardon the pun — with a bang," UCLA spokesman Nick Ammazzalorso said.

It is Mora's first home game as head coach, and UCLA fans should out-number their Nebraska counterparts.

But by how much?

UCLA officials are expecting about 55,000 for the game. But there is a red scare.

LINK

* side note - I spelled Neuheisel correctly the first time without looking it up, which is really surprising, but Firefox didn't recognize the name and flagged it. Their alternative: Selfishness) :D

Neuheisel just won't go away either. I live in Seattle and I get the PAC12 network and there he is! He has been canned from what 3 PAC12 teams as a coach and he is now on their panel for the PAC12 network?!

Must be pretty bad if you really have to put on a firework show just to get students or anyone into the seats to watch a football game!

As I said above, the fireworks have nothing to do with you guys or the lack of ticket sales. We always have fireworks for the first night game when we hire a new coach. Heck, it was for a San Diego St game back when Karl Dorrell was hired.

AND...I can assure you...fireworks won't bring out the students either....fact is a very good percentage of our students have absolutely no interest at all in football (or any other sports, for that matter). Add that to the fact we've sucked for the past 10 years...and then add that to the fact school doesn't even start for another 2 weeks...and the fact that a good portion of our students don't even live in the Los Angels area... and what you get is a pretty dismal looking student section. Heck, our band will barely even be there. Only guys who live locally and were in the band last year. They'll play, but won't be doing a show or anything.