Rankings are out.....good lord!

mwj98

We just joined the worlds worst conference.

Well you can always leave.

And go where Bucky???? the Mac conference or the Big east/lol The statement should of read like this We just weakened a conference even more by joining them!

Isn't it obvious? Back into the loving arms of Texas.

I came off as maybe being a bit cheeky but I'm serious. It's the same approach I have toward whiny Penn State fans. If you begin to hate it so much by all means leave. There are several schools that would love to take your place.

What do you really expect on a Nebraska forum after a heartbreaking loss? In your own words, you could always leave.

I thought we would drop out of the rankings, right now, I think we are about #37. Last week I was so happy to see Martinez make good decisions and manage the game so well. Then last night, he looked so rattled and scared. What's up. Did we play a really bad Southern Miss team or a really good UCLA team? Coaches and players need to keep their heads when we get in a tough game. Bo is not the best role model here.

Why would we do that? We fit right in.

Just a thought for some of the posters on here that want to rag on the Big Ten without end. It's really unnecessary. At the end of the day the Big Ten didn't play UCLA/ASU/OSU last night, NU, Illinois and UW did, and we all lost.

Genious bucky...so the B1G does not consist of its member teams, it is some sort of separate entity? Look, Nebraska is bad this year, we seem to have been gradually getting worse since Bo got here (and I am saying that as one of Bo's biggest defenders), but back when we were the Big 8, then the Big XII, (and even out here on the West Coast, all the Pac-8, Pac-10, Pac-12 fans) have always thought that the Big-10 was overated and only gets any play because there are so many ancient fish-hacks who prop the conference. that's why a guy like Eddie George won the Heisman over Tommy Frazier in `95...That's why an obviously weaker Michigan got the sport writers trophy the year Nebraska won their third National Title in four years back in `97. We had to leave the Big XII because the 7, non-Nebraska A-holes in the Big-8 gave up everything to let a team into our conference that had just ruined it's own conference. The pandering to Texas destroyed the Big XII so we had to go somewhere. The B1G was a good fit (obviously, look how bad WE all are). Oh, and thanks for the condescending talk from the fan of a team that is an afterthought in a bad conference.

Not out coached. in fact i would say we definitely coached better.

where we lost is that they were simply bigger and faster. One of their Dtackles looked more athletic than our LBers. it was blatantly obvious that they were a much more athletic team. we have some athletes as well but that was just ridiculous.

Absolutely outcoached.....we had 2 rbs averaging 7 yards per carry ......got down 2 and stopped running

Why would we do that? We fit right in.

Just a thought for some of the posters on here that want to rag on the Big Ten without end. It's really unnecessary. At the end of the day the Big Ten didn't play UCLA/ASU/OSU last night, NU, Illinois and UW did, and we all lost.

Genious bucky...so the B1G does not consist of its member teams, it is some sort of separate entity?1 Look, Nebraska is bad this year, we seem to have been gradually getting worse since Bo got here (and I am saying that as one of Bo's biggest defenders), but back when we were the Big 8, then the Big XII, (and even out here on the West Coast, all the Pac-8, Pac-10, Pac-12 fans) have always thought that the Big-10 was overated and only gets any play because there are so many ancient fish-hacks who prop the conference.2that's why a guy like Eddie George won the Heisman over Tommy Frazier in `95...That's why an obviously weaker Michigan got the sport writers trophy the year Nebraska won their third National Title in four years back in `97. We had to leave the Big XII because the 7, non-Nebraska A-holes in the Big-8 gave up everything to let a team into our conference that had just ruined it's own conference.3 The pandering to Texas destroyed the Big XII so we had to go somewhere. The B1G was a good fit (obviously, look how bad WE all are). Oh, and thanks for the condescending talk from the fan of a team that is an afterthought in a bad conference. 4

1. It does consist of member teams but slapping that B1G logo on your uniform didn't cause you to lose that game. How many of your key players were recruited into NU as a Big XII team? Most if not all. NU lost this game because UCLA wanted it more and was the better team. An SEC roundel wouldn't have changed that. Nebraska would've lost whatever conference they were in.

2. You're right, they get attention because every sportswriter is in their seventies and remembers the good old days. It has nothing to do with the seventeen national championships, eighteen Heisman trophy winners or twenty five BCS bowl appearances.

3. "The army is out of step with my son"

4. Afterthought? We're a founding member of the Big Ten, been in it for 116 years, you've been it for one. We won the first conference football championship and the first conference championship game. We've won the conference five times in the last twenty years parlaying those titles into three successful trips to the Rose Bowl. We fit in academically and compete in every major sport we field, something Nebraska simply cannot say.

I was defending the conference. I wasn't being condescending but if you want it here it goes: Football is the only thing Nebraska has that anyone truly cares about and if your team continues upon its current trajectory it will soon lose all relevance. You'll not only be the new kid but you'll also be the real afterthought, God willing we dump you when ND finally comes to the table. :sarcasm

Like I said, you've been in this conference for one year. The Big Ten lowered several standards in adding you. It doesn't create the best impression with outsiders when many of you criticize the conference you chose to join so vehemently and so early. If you, collectively, decide it sucks so bad and you hate it so much then perhaps it would be in your best interests to seek membership in another league.