National perception of Bo Pelini

FLU

Nebraska Harry, at least I'm not afraid to go against the grain and have an original thought... you, on the other hand, are the biggest follower on this entire board. All you do is go along with the popular opinion and then act like you know something.

We do still have a rule against personal attacks on this board. Disagree with his points all you want, but if you want to call someone out, go to the Woodshed.

But apparently it's ok to say someone is retarded. I'm confused

Nebraska Harry, at least I'm not afraid to go against the grain and have an original thought... you, on the other hand, are the biggest follower on this entire board. All you do is go along with the popular opinion and then act like you know something.

We do still have a rule against personal attacks on this board. Disagree with his points all you want, but if you want to call someone out, go to the Woodshed.

We also have a report button, and the Mods can't see everything.

Seriously, help us out, for crying out loud.

Oh but you are wrong and here is why. I don't single out a said poster when I use the "r" word. It is just a reference to all the posters on here that I dislike which guess is the majority of the populace

Oh but you are wrong and here is why. I don't single out a said poster when I use the "r" word. It is just a reference to all the posters on here that I dislike Wichita guess is the majority of the populace

I don't think NU even plays Wichita.

Then I saw, "NEBRASKA 84, MINNESOTA 13." At that moment, I instantly became an NU fan... ~ FLU

Haha sure whatever you say, man. I'm a follower because I'd rather see where the season takes us since we're only TWO games in. Who knows maybe I'll want Bo fired come end of season. Maybe I'll think give that man a raise. At least I'm not irrational like you.

Oh but you are wrong and here is why. I don't single out a said poster when I use the "r" word. It is just a reference to all the posters on here that I dislike Wichita guess is the majority of the populace

I don't think NU even plays Wichita.

Stupid auto word on my phone. Boo on you for noticing something so obvious

Oh but you are wrong and here is why. I don't single out a said poster when I use the "r" word. It is just a reference to all the posters on here that I dislike which guess is the majority of the populace

" I wasn't talking to you" - Clark Griswold

Then I saw, "NEBRASKA 84, MINNESOTA 13." At that moment, I instantly became an NU fan... ~ FLU

Haha sure whatever you say, man. I'm a follower because I'd rather see where the season takes us since we're only TWO games in. Who knows maybe I'll want Bo fired come end of season. Maybe I'll think give that man a raise. At least I'm not irrational like you.

Um, you forgot to mention that I was 8 years old at the time when I became a fan.

And there's a difference between between irrational and realistic. You think that achieving 8 wins or less this year is irrational; I think it's realistic. I think that winning 11 games is irrational; you think it's realistic. We shall see.

Look at Bama and LSU and USC -- those are great recruits. And don't give me any BS about how hard it is to get kids to come to Lincoln, because neither Baton Rouge nor Tuscaloosa have anything that Lincoln doesn't have. The difference is that their programs have coaches who kids want to play for, and they don't care where the school is located. I have no doubt that if Saban began coaching in Alaska, he'd still finish in the Top 5 for recruiting.

Hahaha. If you honestly believe what you said right there.... I must respectively say you might be kinda stupid... respectfully of course.

Please let me know what Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa have that Lincoln doesn't. Please tell me.

Don't fool yourself. Saban wasn't Saban at Michigan State because he was at Michigan State in the midwest. LSU was always loaded with in-state talent that wants to stay home and play...making them a power was easy. Same with Bama...tradition, Southern talent...cupcake. Turning around Nebraska would be far more difficult for Saban. The college football landscape has changed. All the Southern kids - where the talent comes from - are staying home. It's the SEC - place to be. They aren't going North to NU, Notre Dame, Michigan.

Look...the Top States that produce the MOST NFL TALENT PER CAPITA!

1. Louisiana

2. Mississippi

3. South Carolina

4. Alabama

5. Florida

The Top States overall in producing NFL talent:

1. California

2. Florida

3. Texas

The South is highly concentrated with NFL studs. The Coasts and Texas have the rest of the talent with their population size. Husker football is in Lincoln in the middle of nowhere with talent that can't compete with the South. It's simple - there's only so much elite talent to go around. For Nebraska to be powerful again, some Southern powers are going to have to go in the tank again.

So what's changed from 1960 to present, Nebraska had little to no troubles beating Bamma, Texas, LSU, UCLA..........pretty much every hot bed of recruiting under Devaney, even Tom handled everyone except Miami and FSU so what is it you're trying to say again?

In summary:

1) South has better HS athletes

2) South has better food

3) South has prettier women

4) South has national championships

5) South has better weather

6) We don't have $$ to pay for an established big-name coach, and even if we did, none of them would come here anyway

In other words, we're pretty much screwed.

Look at Bama and LSU and USC -- those are great recruits. And don't give me any BS about how hard it is to get kids to come to Lincoln, because neither Baton Rouge nor Tuscaloosa have anything that Lincoln doesn't have. The difference is that their programs have coaches who kids want to play for, and they don't care where the school is located. I have no doubt that if Saban began coaching in Alaska, he'd still finish in the Top 5 for recruiting.

Hahaha. If you honestly believe what you said right there.... I must respectively say you might be kinda stupid... respectfully of course.

Please let me know what Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa have that Lincoln doesn't. Please tell me.

Don't fool yourself. Saban wasn't Saban at Michigan State because he was at Michigan State in the midwest. LSU was always loaded with in-state talent that wants to stay home and play...making them a power was easy. Same with Bama...tradition, Southern talent...cupcake. Turning around Nebraska would be far more difficult for Saban. The college football landscape has changed. All the Southern kids - where the talent comes from - are staying home. It's the SEC - place to be. They aren't going North to NU, Notre Dame, Michigan.

1. Louisiana

2. Mississippi

3. South Carolina

4. Alabama

5. Florida

1. California

2. Florida

3. Texas

The South is highly concentrated with NFL studs. The Coasts and Texas have the rest of the talent with their population size. Husker football is in Lincoln in the middle of nowhere with talent that can't compete with the South. It's simple - there's only so much elite talent to go around. For Nebraska to be powerful again, some Southern powers are going to have to go in the tank again.

So what's changed from 1960 to present, Nebraska had little to no troubles beating Bamma, Texas, LSU, UCLA..........pretty much every hot bed of recruiting under Devaney, even Tom handled everyone except Miami and FSU so what is it you're trying to say again?

Uh, the South wasn't the "South" with Devaney...well, actually, it was too much the "South" and black athletes were heading north. Regardless, there was a mass return to the South with black families in the last 80's/90's which have been the last 10 years and now producing the best talent on the D-lines (which is how CFB is dominated now) in the sport. You can complain about coaching but it will always be about the athletes. Just look at any game the last 10 years against teams with real NFL talent...Miami or USC...Nebraska just looked like a Jr. college team.

1. Louisiana

2. Mississippi

3. South Carolina

4. Alabama

5. Florida

1. California

2. Florida

3. Texas

Two words. Civil. Rights.