Carnes to WR!

qchris1

Nice of Carnes to move to another position, but another epic fail at recruiting. Glad we out-dueled western KY for this guy.

He is still young and he might contribute down the road. Also... even Alabama has 33% or so of their recruits not "pan out." Recruiting is an inexact science and here at NU --- like most places --- and this is true at NU even back into the Osborne days --- 30-50% of the recruits in any given year will never end up contributing overly. Again... that is not yet the case for Brion. He still might contribute. But... I agree that it is unlikely. Yet, it is unfair to already call this a fail.

If we call each case where a recruit does not pan out a fail... then we would call recruiting a fail almost as often as we call it a sucess --- here and most everywhere.

Instead of recruiting q/b's to play w/r. Why don't we just recruit q/b's to play q/b. Won't be long before we are known as, the w/r grave yard for q/b recruits. :hmmph

GBR!!!

You can't blame a guy for wanting to play. After Taylor leaves, Brion will be a senior and with younger talent above him on the depth chart, he decided that he might be able to help out another way.

I'm sure you've heard of Matt Cassel of the Chiefs. He wanted to see the field at USC but had younger talent listed in front of him on depth chart. He decided to give himself a shot at seeing the field also.

Matt Cassel's move to WR and TE:

http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cassel_matt00.html

Instead of recruiting q/b's to play w/r. Why don't we just recruit q/b's to play q/b. Won't be long before we are known as, the w/r grave yard for q/b recruits. :hmmph

GBR!!!

Yes, this

Sooo...let me get this straight. A 4th string QB who wasn't ever going to see the playing field again at that position decided to switch positions and now we are the QB graveyard?

Says a lot for his character.Willing to do what he can for the team.I would take a few more like him,over the Tyler Moores and Aaron Greens.

Oh come on now, you really wanted to say Cody Green now didn't you? Watching Abdullah and Heard, why would anyone call out Aaron Green? It's apparent to me that we didn't need his skills anyway considering how stacked we are at RB.

A lot of derp in this thread...The kid wants to contribute to the team and if he is willing to move to wr, so be it. He might even become a punt and kick returner for us in order to take some of the load off of Ameer and Bell and Turner.

He's willing to move to wr because he knows he's not ever going to play qb for us. He's not played wr and he's now going to learn that position during the season in the hopes of landing pt someday. The issue isn't with the player, the issue is with our staff who continues to move players all over the place in the hopes that their athletic talent will overcome their lack of experience at that position. It's not JFl, it's college football. This hasnt worked for us and it won't in the future. You can point to turner as a converted qb to wr but he still looks clueless out there 50% of the tIme. If this was something that happened once a year or so then fine, but it's a frequent tactic this staff uses.