Chase Rome quits?

IF Rome is gone, then I wish him luck. I had high hopes for him when we landed him. However, both LY and TY he played way too high, not getting any leverage. He seldom got any penetration, and, even though he was a D-end in high school, his speed never seemed to show up in games. He was a tweener IMHO. Not low enough for DT and not speedy enough for DE.

Why we are at it with the Defensive changes I have a solution for Mobile QBs! Put that Jamal turner on defense and his whole job is to spy on the QB! Jamal is the master of turning 40 yard runs into 6 yard gains! A mobile QB would be stunned that Jamal was one step ahead of him!

I apologize if someone has already said this but I don't have time to cut through the jungle tonight.

Simply put, from my distant vantage point, I don't care who on that defense gets passed over. No one--NO ONE--has earned squat. For me this season was from the very beginning about staying level with our current run of acceptable success and preparing for the next couple seasons when our schedule puts us in position to win crowns. Chase Rome wants out? Good. It's not like we're losing a winner, or someone who does things like sack the quarterback, stuff the middle-run game, or generally do any of the things defensive tackles are supposed to do.

I'm not even that worried about our recent departures in general. There needs to be a sense of hunger and fight on this team. Guys who fold and walk out at the first sign of adversity aren't going to bring you that (in fact, I'd guess they have an effect more along the lines of a chronic disease), so however many stars they have after their name, in the end they net you exactly nothing. Give me the guy who's ready to bleed for every win over the clown who thinks he's owed his spot, especially in light of what we've seen from this defensive unit the past season +2 games. At this point we might as well put the blackshirt status on hiatus. Nobody's earned anything. They play soft sloppy defense and based off what I've seen from the starters, there's no switch that's about to be flipped. To me this looks like a house cleaning situation, every spot up for grabs. Scheme too complicated? Simplify it until playmakers start appearing on that field. Switch to the 3-4? Whatever man. Get speed and passion on the field as fast as you can.

• Fire 7

If we are going to a 3-4 it may make sense with all the linebackers we've been recruiting and the lack of d-tackles. And no my buddy is not Jake Sorensen.

One big problem...our current DE's are not built to run the 5 technique and our LB's do not have the speed. Hey I am optimistic and would welcome anything if it meant we do not give up 600 friggen yards a game!

Rome is only a Soph he has quite a bit of time to improve. I agree that we need some aggression and passion from guys that want to be here, but we arent really sure whats going on with him yet so lets not jump to conclusions. We do need him, very badly actually. But if he doesnt want to be here then, so be it, well go on without him.