Best Burger in Lincoln

The best burger I have found in Lincoln is the Roadhouse across from the state pen. "The Rusty's Roadhouse burger" has a big slab of ham on top of it! Kind of a hole in the wall but it is a great burger!

I forgot about that place. I don't remember ever really eating there as much as drinking there when I lived in the Ruskin Place apartments back in the day.

ahhhhh Tastee Inn. Classic, understated with a aromatic bouquet. :) A bucket of tastees and a buncha onion chips, oh and that dip mmmmm; Good to go. In more ways than one :D

Everytime we come back to Nebraska it's the same ritual. Val's, Runza and Tastee Inn. My wife refuses to eat a tastee?????? I've told her it's a addendum to the man laws. So I guess I have to turn in my card next trip back. Back in the early 70's we had contests to see who could make the best imitation tastee. HEY, there wasn't any internetz then.

I'm thinkin' that in the future some movie should have Jack Black and Will Ferrell rubbing tastees all over their bodies while writhing in pleasure. I would like that movie :D Haven't liked many of their other ones.

Awesome post. 1 to u. :lol:

I lived in Lincoln for five years during my college years. I don't think I ever had a Tastee sandwich. But now I want one.

• Fire 1

I've lived hear all my life and never had one, but if I can get someone to apply a little peer pressure (and to pick it up at the drive through) I may give in.

I'm with you on that one, lived here for 23 years and never had tastees. Some people swear by it, and some cannot stand the place. I'm still excited to give it a try sometime.

I've lived hear all my life and never had one, but if I can get someone to apply a little peer pressure (and to pick it up at the drive through) I may give in.

I'm with you on that one, lived here for 23 years and never had tastees. Some people swear by it, and some cannot stand the place. I'm still excited to give it a try sometime.

It's actually pretty good, but the place is a dump. The drive through is back-arsewards, too. My wife was scared to eat the food we got initially, but after one bite, she threw caution to the wind.

Too bad, because something like Tastee Inn could be like the lose-meat equivalent of Zesto's--a place that has good food, is unique to Nebraska, and is a destination for anyone wanting a gastronomical tour of Lincoln. :)

• Fire 1

It's actually pretty good, but the place is a dump. The drive through is back-arsewards, too. My wife was scared to eat the food we got initially, but after one bite, she threw caution to the wind.

Too bad, because something like Tastee Inn could be like the lose-meat equivalent of Zesto's--a place that has good food, is unique to Nebraska, and is a destination for anyone wanting a gastronomical tour of Lincoln. :)

I do love Zesto's, best ice cream in the state.

Runza is alright, but I think their quality has gone downhill some in the last 5 years. For just a drive through burger, I do Culver's now, which I find to be better than Runza at this point.

I doubt I would consider either the best in Lincoln, but since I want something fast and convenient on the rare occasion I go out to buy burgers, Culver's it is.

Have to disagree...that 'butter burger' thing they sell might be the worst hamburger I've ever had. I'd eat a McDonald's hamburger first. I do like Runza's burgers, but since I've been out of the country the past 2 years, I hope they're not going downhill. I've always thought that as far as Nebraska fast food, Runza and Sonic burgers were the best.

• Fire 1