I wonder how that's going to look.

DE - Carter/Meredith

DT - Stein

DE - Ankrah

LB - Martin

LB - Santos/Whaley

LB - Compton

LB - Anderson/Cooper

Just throwing out a wild guess. Anyone have any ideas? I don't really see us having the defensive lineman for this, we'll see how it shakes out. Martin is most definitely not a 34 defensive end.

I'd give Moss a look at that DE spot opposite of Ankrah....Meredith is incredibly slow. Talk about a guy who peaked early in his career....

My concern is all these guys are way too undersized to be playing defensive end in a 34.

My other guess would be using guys like Randle and Williams at end? That would make more sense to me.

Valentine could plug up that NT spot as early as next year.... I hope that Bo does go with the 3-4 look, have to try something right?

I can definitely see something like that shaking out. I facepalm just thinking about Stein at NT.

I wonder how that's going to look.

DE - Carter/Meredith

DT - Stein

DE - Ankrah

LB - Martin

LB - Santos/Whaley

LB - Compton

LB - Anderson/Cooper

Just throwing out a wild guess. Anyone have any ideas? I don't really see us having the defensive lineman for this, we'll see how it shakes out. Martin is most definitely not a 34 defensive end.

I'd give Moss a look at that DE spot opposite of Ankrah....Meredith is incredibly slow. Talk about a guy who peaked early in his career....

My concern is all these guys are way too undersized to be playing defensive end in a 34.

Reasonable point. Especially when we enter B1G play. I guess the ideal formation (with the guys we have) would be:

Ankrah----Steinkuler----K.Williams

Martin----Compton----Santos/Andersen----Cooper

Evans----Stafford----(Who knows?)----Mitchell (love this kid's potential)

Do you guys really think Steinkuhler at 6-6 can play the nose! I don't! He's gonna get double teamed and if he dosent stay fairly low he's gonna look like he's on skates! I love him as an end as he could set the edge but as a nose guard I think he's way to tall! The ideal NG is 6-1 310. I don't think we have one of those...

What other choice would this team have? Valentine and Jay Guy fit the mold you just described, but Valentine is young, and who the hell knows where Jay Guy is....Probably at Knapps favorite Burger Joint....

Do you guys really think Steinkuhler at 6-6 can play the nose! I don't! He's gonna get double teamed and if he dosent stay fairly low he's gonna look like he's on skates! I love him as an end as he could set the edge but as a nose guard I think he's way to tall! The ideal NG is 6-1 310. I don't think we have one of those...

That is very tall for a Nose Tackle. I think he'd be better served on the edge as well, but I'm not a coach so what do I know....

I think Jay Guy fits that mold 6-1 310 but haven't herd his name mentioned since the mn game last year.

This might be the Acme of stupidity, but whatever happened to Jared Afalava and his reported awesomeness?

I'll double down on that height of stupidity. Don't you pretty much have to have a beast at DT for a 3-4 to work? Who is our "beast?" It isn't Steinkuhler. Valentine is injured and will see little if any time (they want to redshirt him). The only guys who physically fit the mold are Todd Peat, Jr. and Vincent Valentine (both just barely) and they're both injured.

I'm not up on current events. Has anyone with any semblance of credibility confirmed this?