Arkansas State Preview

HuskerBen13

Key Players

Ryan Aplin QB

Red Wolves Quarterback Ryan Aplin is definitely a player to watch. Aplin, the 6-1 200 pound senior has thrown for 300+ yards in Arkansas State’s first two games. Against 4th ranked Oregon and Memphis. He has the potential to put up BIG numbers against an unproven Husker Defense. He is also a threat to run. Last week he rushed for 73 yards on just six attempts. The Huskers will need to keep Aplin’s production to a minimum to avoid another upset.

David Oku RB

At just 5’10 195 pounds, Oku is a very speedy and powerful back. The former Tennessee Vol is in his first year in Gus Malzahn’s system. He has proved why he was such a highly recruited back out of high school, early in this 2012 college football season. He has rushed for 211 yards on 37 carries in his first two games, and averaging 5.7 yards per carry. The Blackshirts will have to know where he is at, at all times!

Bumpin' this before it falls to the second page of HB oblivion. Pretty good article. :thumbs:

ASU has one main strength, and that is a high-powered offense. They had their way with the Oregon defense, shredding them for a whopping 530 yards. An impressive feat playing against a top 5 team!

Yeah this is what worries me about this game. I still think Nebraska wins, but there's a good chance it will be closer than a lot of people will find acceptable.

I don't see this current HuskerBoard Meltdown subsiding for a long while.

I get the feeling the defense bounces back this week with their backs up against the wall, and continue to look solid next week (obviously) against Idaho St. However, as the season moves along this sudden improvement will prove to be a mirage.

Nebraska 52

Ark St. 14

Side note: Has anyone else noticed that Sipple (LJS) will frequently change his "prediction" score from what he says on the blog/twitter, to what he says in their vidcast?

ASU has one main strength, and that is a high-powered offense. They had their way with the Oregon defense, shredding them for a whopping 530 yards. An impressive feat playing against a top 5 team!

Yeah this is what worries me about this game. I still think Nebraska wins, but there's a good chance it will be closer than a lot of people will find acceptable.

I don't see this current HuskerBoard Meltdown subsiding for a long while.

I wonder if everyone wanted Chip Kelly or his DC fired after the poor showing against such an inferior opponent or if its ok because they won .

Key Players

Ryan Aplin QB

Red Wolves Quarterback Ryan Aplin is definitely a player to watch. Aplin, the 6-1 200 pound senior has thrown for 300+ yards in Arkansas State’s first two games. Against 4th ranked Oregon and Memphis. He has the potential to put up BIG numbers against an unproven Husker Defense. He is also a threat to run. Last week he rushed for 73 yards on just six attempts. The Huskers will need to keep Aplin’s production to a minimum to avoid another upset.

David Oku RB

At just 5’10 195 pounds, Oku is a very speedy and powerful back. The former Tennessee Vol is in his first year in Gus Malzahn’s system. He has proved why he was such a highly recruited back out of high school, early in this 2012 college football season. He has rushed for 211 yards on 37 carries in his first two games, and averaging 5.7 yards per carry. The Blackshirts will have to know where he is at, at all times!

Bumpin' this before it falls to the second page of HB oblivion. Pretty good article. :thumbs:

Sounds like a real test for the D. Hopefully they pass this one.