Student Section

KJ.

Chiming in with the same refrain as everyone else - I sat in Section 34 and there were empty seats all around me. The guys who typically sit behind us sat next to us because our row was maybe 3/4 full. The folks in front of us didn't show, and there were several gaps between me and the vendors on the aisle a few rows down so it was a pain to pass money/water. It's Arkansas State. What did you expect, standing room only?

EDIT - Now that I think about it, I noticed and pointed out to my wife that the top 15 or so rows of the student section were empty just around kickoff, but she also pointed out how empty the sections around us were, and how many people were still coming up the steps to get to their seats. I did look back at the student section later on, maybe midway through the first quarter, and notice there were only, maybe, a couple of rows that were still empty.

• Fire 1

We also have to realize that the students dont sit down and so they can cram more people into a row than there are actually seats. If they forced everyone in a row to have a seat then the students would be forced to the top rows. If you look on TV, you can see there are many more bodies in the student section than other parts of the stadium.

• Fire 3

We also have to realize that the students dont sit down and so they can cram more people into a row than there are actually seats. If they forced everyone in a row to have a seat then the students would be forced to the top rows. If you look on TV, you can see there are many more bodies in the student section than other parts of the stadium.

^This

I'm not sure what you could see on TV, but here's what the student section looked like at kickoff:

As a student, I will be the first to say that the size of the student section needs to be cut back. For as much as the students complain about getting crappy seats, they should be lucky it isn't worse. I wish it was.

You'll have to pardon me, as I cannot share your concern. If you're this worried about the lack of people in the student section, I seriously hope you're studying logistics.

And if this problem truly does upset you, then you should probably consult the Husker Ticket Office and voice your concern...

• 2 weeks later...

The student section rocks! I sit in the north end zone and with them waving black towels I thought they should hand them out to all of us.

IMO, I thought it looked pretty badass.

I can't speak for the rest of the students, as I am not one myself but was in the student section for the game, but I think the towels were a gameday surprise that hardly anyone knew about beforehand. Looked awesome!

As much money and time as the U spends on certain little gimmick, they really ought to think about this black towel thing. Very awesome to see, there and on tv. How much could 85000 8 x 16 inch rags cost? hand em out at the gate or lay em on the seats before, but to have this throughout the stadium would be mind boggling.

Agree totally. They give away helium balloons they should be able to give away black towels (rags).

The student section rocks! I sit in the north end zone and with them waving black towels I thought they should hand them out to all of us.

IMO, I thought it looked pretty badass.

I thought the towels were awesome. Looked like the students really enjoyed them, kinda wish the University would do something similar for the whole stadium.