*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Time travel and the single atom

<snip>

In Wheeler’s “delayed-choice” thought experiment a photon is presented with a ‘choice’ — to act as a particle or as a wave. The photon is then measured a bit later to find out what choice was made. In 1978 Wheeler proposed sending a photon towards a crossroads (in this case a two-way mirror). Wheeler realised that if the experimenter recombined the two pathways (using a second mirror) at a point further along the track – that this should retroactively determine the path the photon takes at the crossroads.
He hypothesised that if the experimenter does NOT recombine the paths, then the photon should act like a solid particle, bouncing down one of the paths. But if the experimenter does recombine the paths, then the photon should act like a wave. When a wave of water strikes a forked channel it splits into two and ripples down both paths at once. The photon should do the same.
Physicists have now taken the experiment to a different level. They have shown that Wheeler’s time experiment works not only with ephemeral photons of light, but also with matter in the form of single atoms. It has long been known that single atoms can also display wave-particle duality.

The whole wave-particle duality thing is freaky. I wonder how long it will be before this leads to some practical form of instantaneous communication? :lol:

The whole wave-particle duality thing is freaky. I wonder how long it will be before this leads to some practical form of instantaneous communication? :lol:

Does my wife knowing exactly what I am doing at any time count?

If she was an atom she could go back in time and find out. (Insert tiny penis joke here. lol)

Does my wife knowing exactly what I am doing at any time count?

If she was an atom she could go back in time and find out. (Insert tiny penis joke here. lol)

My wife does NOT have a penis!

Now if you said tiny vagina joke . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saDmuon6tCg

Fox & Friends Host Pete Hegseth Hits Man with Axe

During last Sunday’s broadcast of Fox & Friends, co-host Pete Hegseth tossed an axe to tease an upcoming segment on timbersports, missed the target, and hit a marching band percussionist standing in the distance.

LINK

Ha ha! I hate it when that happens. :lol:

• Fire 1