*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Nothing like a 942,249% return on investment.

A horse bettor won $471,124.50 on a bet that he paid 50 cents for on Saturday.

The winning ticket had Realm (11-1), English Minister (3-1), Site Read (21-1), Hey Bro (24-1) and Saratoga Mischief (6-1) all winning the first five races at Saratoga Race Course, which they did.
Because there was only one ticket that had all five of these winners, the bettor from New Jersey, who requested anonymity, won the entire pooled payout.

Link

merideth.jpg

Man shoots down drone hovering over house
by Chris Matyszczyk @ChrisMatyszczyk July 30, 2015 4:31 PM PDTA
Kentucky man thinks it unacceptable when a drone floats over his property. So he shoots it down. Then the drone's owners come calling.
Merideth, 47, lives in Hillview, Kentucky. As WDRB-TV reports, a neighbor heard gunshots and called the police. Merideth allegedly told the police that a drone was hovering over his house, where his teen daughter (he has two) was sunbathing. So he pulled out his gun and gave it a merry death.
The drone's owner, police say, said he was flying it to take pictures of a neighboring house.
<snip>
He says that shortly after the shooting, he received a visit from four men who claimed to be responsible for the drone and explaining that it cost $1,800.
Merideth says he stood his ground: "I had my 40 mm Glock on me and they started toward me and I told them, 'If you cross my sidewalk, there's gonna be another shooting.'"

I think I side with the shooter on this one. That'd be invasive and annoying as hell, having a drone buzzing over your place so people could look at you.

Would you shoot a helicopter down then too?

No, because there are people in a helicopter. But if they were hovering right over my house I might shoot a paintball gun at them. Or something that's not likely to hurt them.

merideth.jpg

Man shoots down drone hovering over house
by Chris Matyszczyk @ChrisMatyszczyk July 30, 2015 4:31 PM PDTA
Kentucky man thinks it unacceptable when a drone floats over his property. So he shoots it down. Then the drone's owners come calling.
Merideth, 47, lives in Hillview, Kentucky. As WDRB-TV reports, a neighbor heard gunshots and called the police. Merideth allegedly told the police that a drone was hovering over his house, where his teen daughter (he has two) was sunbathing. So he pulled out his gun and gave it a merry death.
The drone's owner, police say, said he was flying it to take pictures of a neighboring house.
<snip>
He says that shortly after the shooting, he received a visit from four men who claimed to be responsible for the drone and explaining that it cost $1,800.
Merideth says he stood his ground: "I had my 40 mm Glock on me and they started toward me and I told them, 'If you cross my sidewalk, there's gonna be another shooting.'"

I think I side with the shooter on this one. That'd be invasive and annoying as hell, having a drone buzzing over your place so people could look at you.

He shot it with a .40 thats pretty impressive even if it was hovering!!!

Would you shoot a helicopter down then too?

No, because there are people in a helicopter. But if they were hovering right over my house I might shoot a paintball gun at them. Or something that's not likely to hurt them.

Take a picture of the tail number and forward it to the FAA. Quickest way to get your peepee smacked or a fine would be to hover over homes/built-up areas. I'd shy away from sending any kind of foreign object that way, as they love to get sucked into an engine and become the quickest way to meet the ground unwillingly. :hmmph

• Fire 1
Waukesha woman takes sport of pole dancing to new heights

Marina Heck has seen that look before, the way eyebrows go up when someone learns she performs on gleaming vertical poles.

"It's not what you think," she said to a male customs officer at O'Hare International Airport after sharing that she was returning from the World Pole Sports Championships in London last weekend.

What neighborhood in Nebraska is the most hip? Why, of course it's ...

Nebraska
Haymarket (Lincoln)
Here are a few stats from the Lincoln government to let you know what Haymarket is like. As of 2010, the median age is 24. Most of the residents are single, and they spend lots of money on food away from home and retail goods. These are the people who are hitting up Bourbon Theatre (a remodeled '20s movie theater that’s now a hot music venue), Scooter’s Coffee (you better believe that place has matcha green tea lattes), Joysticks Arcade Bar (where you can drink Donkey Kong cocktails outta pineapples as you play the actual game), and Maggie’s Vegetarian Cafe (sesame tofu salads for everyone).
LINK

But we all knew that, didn't we?