Mark Dantonio vs. Bo

tmfr15

"You saw it. What did you think?" ---- Bo Pelini

How is that different from...

"Well, it wasn't good enough. Next Question! He did alright. Next Question! What do you think? Next Question!" --- Mark Dantonio after his team played like S$$t vs. Eastern Michigan.

Bo gets crap when he gets a bit rough with the media. Dantonio should get the same treatment.

I updated my status yesterday with this issue. Dantonio acted just as bad or worse than Bo ever has. What really pisses my off is Bo gets fried for acting like this, but with Dantonio, all BTN had to say was "eh, he's motivating his team. Eh, he's normally nice to the media. Eh, the media understands what he's doing, that he's upset". You just wait, Bo will have one of these this year, and will get raosted nationally for it.

• Fire 2

Bo shouldn't get the crap he gets for how he deals with the media in the first place. All of the Nancy boys that get their panties in a twist over something like that would have an absolute melt down if they were ever on the receiving end of Nick Saban going off on a reporter or the press in general.

• Fire 4

Could Dantonio be getting a pass because this presser was evidence he has a pulse? Sometimes I watch that dude and wonder if he cares about wins and losses. He looked unemotional while we were piss pounding his team a year ago. Bo might get emotional sometimes but we know for fact that there are not players in our locker room who think Bo doesn't care.

I think every network broadcasting football should get rid of the Coach Interview as the team runs off at the end of the first half.

The coach just wants to get into the locker room with his team, the questions are typically inane, and there's rarely interesting or illuminating remark.

That being said, handling the press comes with the job — TV contracts pay those big NCAA coaches salaries — and Pelini should stop being such a prick about it.

I think every network broadcasting football should get rid of the Coach Interview as the team runs off at the end of the first half.

The coach just wants to get into the locker room with his team, the questions are typically inane, and there's rarely interesting or illuminating remark.

That being said, handling the press comes with the job — TV contracts pay those big NCAA coaches salaries — and Pelini should stop being such a prick about it.

I can understand why a coach wouldn't want this little interview--they've got other things on their mind right then. But it is sort of cool to hear from the coach during game time. Even if he never really says anything insightful in the little 10 second halftime interview.

I don't watch a lot of MSU games, but I've seen enough to say I think Pelini and Dantonio are completely different in regards to their emotion/anger on the sidelines. Furthermore, Dantonio is much better with the media and with public speaking in general. I don't think it's too bold to say Dantonio is more often a nicer, more likeable person. Pelini, conversely, is not, and he has had more unfavorable run-ins with the media. When the two get mad it's viewed very, very differently, and I don't think it's too difficult to see why.

I get a kick out of Husker fans that live in the bubble. They think Pelini is the only guy getting picked on. That "poster boy" for ESPN Lane Kiffin is getting crucified right now for this same thing. How about that guy that wins all the time so he gets a pass - named something like Saban? He was the talk of the town a couple weeks ago when he snapped at reporters for underestimating one of their opponents and not giving them respect. I've read 2-3 articles already this morning on Dantonio.

If you'd read news outside of Nebraska you'd find that the media cares about teams other than the Huskers....both during the good and bad times.

It's not up to Husker fans to take other head coaches to task...

But, in general, I think you've got this all backwards. Bo needed to learn to handle the media frenzy better for his sake and the sake of the team. It's never been that the media is in the wrong for not being nice to Bo. The spotlight is intense everywhere you go. Whatever the coach, whatever the media, you'll have guys who for are critical, and oftentimes unfairly so. Having to handle that is part of the deal - it comes with the territory.

If a HC is unable to handle it, to the extent that he ends up creating enemies out of local media members when he could avoid doing so, or setting a standoffish tone for the program vs. the reporters or the fanbase - that is troublesome. Not because it makes Bo such a bad guy. Just trouble for the program.

Thankfully, Bo has gotten much, much better at this over time. Hey, he's a first time HC here. He was hired fairly young. You go through a learning process. I wouldn't agree with personal indictments of Bo's character based on his handling of the media. But I wouldn't disagree with most of the criticism.

In my mind, the best in the business at handling the media is Bill Belichick. Bill is a complete master at saying all the right things, and he doesn't fly off the handle. But you know what? He also says nothing. The CIA leaks more information than the Patriots organization. I've never seen a coach so adept at pouring out a million words while not saying anything. He's a total pro. Of course, the same may not apply to how he interacts with referees, but let's face it, football coaches and zebras are natural enemies. And it's a predator-prey relationship.

I get a kick out of Husker fans that live in the bubble. They think Pelini is the only guy getting picked on. That "poster boy" for ESPN Lane Kiffin is getting crucified right now for this same thing. How about that guy that wins all the time so he gets a pass - named something like Saban? He was the talk of the town a couple weeks ago when he snapped at reporters for underestimating one of their opponents and not giving them respect. I've read 2-3 articles already this morning on Dantonio.

If you'd read news outside of Nebraska you'd find that the media cares about teams other than the Huskers....both during the good and bad times.

I could care less what the media thinks about these coaches lashing out...How do the fans for these other teams react to their coach being that way? Do they ignore it or do they whine, piss and moan like some of ours do?