11AM (CT) Presser today

Saunders

@CoachMiles

Dang it. I've had a tough week with names

This, after Scoop Smiles butchered Rex's name on live TV at the football game, and tweeted that "Coach Osbourne" just announced his retirement 15 minutes before the official presser.

You have to love this Tim Miles guy. He's a riot.

Best reply to that tweet: it's okay, we forgive your coach mires

• Fire 1

For being banned, you sure post a lot.

@Huskers

Coach Pelini: "It has been a great privilege to work under Coach Osborne. To me personally, he has been a great leader, mentor and friend."

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC

Statement from Bo on Osborne: “It has been a great privilege to work under Coach Osborne....

@HuskerExtraBC

"....Obviously, he trusted me to lead the football program here at Nebraska & he has been a valuable resource for me ....

@HuskerExtraBC

"...His leadership and vision has pushed our football program and our entire athletic department forward in many areas...."

@HuskerExtraBC

"To me personally, he has been a great leader, mentor and friend," Pelini said.

@RobinWashut

.@CoachMiles on TO: "The fact that a guy with his legacy would say ‘I trust you. I think you can do this’ is an amazingly humbling feeling."

@RobinWashut

More Miles on TO: I asked him, ‘How long are you going to do this?’ He said, ‘Not forever. You’re going to outlast me.’ I said, ‘I hope so.’

@RobinWashut

Miles on TO: “I just want to come through for him. He’s a guy that saw our vision for #Nebrasketball and said ‘You know what? I like that.'"

@danhoppen

Erstad on Osborne: "I don’t throw the word leader around very often, but if there ever was a leader, it’s him.

@danhoppen

Erstad on Osborne: "So much of what I do today and believe in came from him.He just stands for everything that’s right."

@danhoppen

Erstad said Osborne told him of retirement in his office yesterday. Thought TO might be coming over to reprimand him for something.

@danhoppen

Erstad said he feels NU's rash of new facilities was Osborne's final stamp on the program.

Honestly, I'm going to be a bit surprised if they go very far outside the box on this one. I'd think Meyers, Williams, and Alberts have at least a somewhat inside track. I believe that Harvey is likely to be concerned a tad bit about the final legacy he leaves behind, and this may be the last truly high profile move he makes before he retires. I tend to think that he's looking for someone that will not just mostly fit or should be a good fit, but will be a good fit. The three I mentioned are likely the best candidates in that respect. Yes, I know Williams has already said he hasn't been interviewed yet. I also wouldn't expect ANYONE that had been interviewed to say in public that they were interviewed right after Harvey had said the hiring process wasn't going to be done in the public eye. Will be an interesting process, for sure. Can't wait to find out who was selected!

• Fire 1

During Harvey's time at the microphone today, he said something that made me scratch my head a bit.

He said we should all respect Tom's reasons for leaving the AD post.

Which made me think, "Why wouldn't we respect his reasons?"

And then I thought about it again, and the question seemed even more valid.

Today, after hearing about the news of the conference and the immeidate speculation that TO might retire, I thought the timing seemed a bit weird. We are just about to start conference play. There's a big game on Saturday. TO would not make a distraction by pointing a finger toward himself.

Ok, now, here comes the potentially crazy part.

We all know that there is some uncertainty, due to the UCLA result, about how we might perform in league play. It is possible that we could go on a slide.

Tom must have comunicated to the boosters that he has patience with Bo and wants to give him every chance to succeed.

Maybe the boosters feel that, given certain outcomes, they would like to make a change at HC, but would be somehow hamstrung by Tom's reluctance to go along with it.

Maybe the boosters would, in the situation of a coach replacement, want to go after a splashy hire for more money and fear that Tom would be against it.

Encouraging TO to retire now, before there are any bad results on the football field, would make it look better for the boosters. No one would feel that they are throwing out a legend because the football program is struggling.

If we suck in league play now, they can say that TO was on his way to retirement already and avoid any appearance that his leaving had anything to do with the results of 2012 football games.

Does any of this hold water? Or do I have a very over active imagination?

During Harvey's time at the microphone today, he said something that made me scratch my head a bit.

He said we should all respect Tom's reasons for leaving the AD post.

Which made me think, "Why wouldn't we respect his reasons?"

And then I thought about it again, and the question seemed even more valid.

Today, after hearing about the news of the conference and the immeidate speculation that TO might retire, I thought the timing seemed a bit weird. We are just about to start conference play. There's a big game on Saturday. TO would not make a distraction by pointing a finger toward himself.

Ok, now, here comes the potentially crazy part.

We all know that there is some uncertainty, due to the UCLA result, about how we might perform in league play. It is possible that we could go on a slide.

Tom must have comunicated to the boosters that he has patience with Bo and wants to give him every chance to succeed.

Maybe the boosters feel that, given certain outcomes, they would like to make a change at HC, but would be somehow hamstrung by Tom's reluctance to go along with it.

Maybe the boosters would, in the situation of a coach replacement, want to go after a splashy hire for more money and fear that Tom would be against it.

Encouraging TO to retire now, before there are any bad results on the football field, would make it look better for the boosters. No one would feel that they are throwing out a legend because the football program is struggling.

If we suck in league play now, they can say that TO was on his way to retirement already and avoid any appearance that his leaving had anything to do with the results of 2012 football games.

Does any of this hold water? Or do I have a very over active imagination?

That is very active...and I'm not so sure what you're seeing in the rest of the B1G that makes you think we will be stomped. All of the B1G looks BAD.