Officiating

craigsker

In my opinion, there was some bad officiating last night.

On one play, Kenny Bell makes an apparent grab at the one or two yard line of Wisconsin and it is called an incomplete pass. The drive stalls and Nebraska has to settle for a FG.

On another play, Stave's knee goes down to pick up the football and I believe it was a "no call."

In the fourth, we got called for pass interference when the ball was essentially uncatchable and even the interference was questionable.

And on yet another play, Wisconsin gets a generous mark and a first down when it appeared he was about a yard or two short.

The fourth quarter was the worst.

In my opinion, there was some bad officiating last night.

On one play, Quincy Enunwa makes an apparent grab at the one or two yard line of Wisconsin and it is called an incomplete pass. The drive stalls and Nebraska has to settle for a F--They could've reviewed it yes, but I think that was one of those "through the ground catches, that he didn't make".

On another play, O'Brien knee goes down to pick up the football and I believe it was a "no call."--They called it an incomplete pass.

In the fourth, we got called for pass interference when the ball was essentially uncatchable and even the interference was questionable--defensive holding could've been called, but DPI was questionable.

And on yet another play, Wisconsin gets a generous mark and a first down when it appeared he was about a yard or two short--It was short, they reviewed it and spotted it short. Then we stopped Montee Ball.

The fourth quarter was the worst.

• Fire 1

I may be wrong, but I believe that in order for it to be a catch he has to carry possession, as much as I would of love it for it to be called a catch, it wasn't.

This isn't the NFL.

Exactly! Calvin Johnson and the Lions got screwed on that a few years ago. But in college that is a catch. I agree that the officiating was sub par yesterday. But we overcame a lot that game and the officiating was probably the least of those.

Yeah, Enunwa definitely caught that football IMO, but by rule, it wasn't a catch. You have to complete the catch through the ground and/or "make a football move."

We definitely don't have anything to complain about in terms of officiating. Neither does Wisconsin. The calls that we had against us were all either correct or justifiable, and were all due to stupid mistakes. The SJB roughing the punter penalty drove me crazy because of how stupid that one was.

Regardless, it feels good that we got this win.

They were obviously trying to "help" Wisconsin in the 4th quarter. The pass interference on Seisy on an uncatchable ball the tickiest tackiest penalty i have seen in my 28 years on this earth. And then a couple plays later the blatant advancement of the ball to give Wisconsin a 1st down was not even close. Not only did they give them an extra whole yard, but they moved the chains without even thinking about it. It was so blatant. I still have not decided which officiating crews are worse, Big 12 or Big 10. Other things that drove me nuts, throwin a flag on a screen pass for inelegible man downfield. What is this, junior high?

• Fire 1

I thought the officiating was ok, if not better than usual. Two of those were rightly corrected. When Stave put his knee down, they made the correct call just a little late. That leaves us with the Enunwa catch or non-catch. It was very close but did not "feel" like a catch to me. I don't think they could've got that call right or wrong.

Holding schmolding. How many times have we complained about the other team holding? It happens. The only way to win when they aren't calling it is to start holding just like the other guys. It's part of the game knowing how much and when you can get away with it.

• Fire 1

the call on the catch may have been by the book. But the book has changed from what it used to be and the old way was fine. Used to be you secured the ball, and got one foot down or were downed in the field of play and the play was dead, catch made. Why does the receiver need to keep playing after the play is dead? Should d-backs be trying to strip the ball after the player is downed? Because under this system that is exactly what they are doing. To me what happens after the play is dead is irrelevant. Let's just say its not a catch unless the receiver maintains possession until they hand the ball to the white hat. It's getting ridiculous. That was a catch, the player was down by contact, and the ground caused the fumble which by rule stays with the offense. 1st and goal Nebraska simple as that.