Ohio State opens up 5 point favorite. Who ya got?

Who ya got?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think Bo will ever spy. But, I do think Bo will be a little less stubborn this game and actually scheme to primarily stop a mobile QB. I don't know how this will be.

Another prediction: Ameer takes one to the house. Their special teams coverage is suspect.

I pray that we keep a "spy" on Miller, especially if we're blitzing, and hopefully it's someone with some speed. Scares the hell out of me locking up man on man, sending the farm and letting Miller get loose and run for days

If we have a player as a "spy" AND player(s) blitzing, Miller just needs to throw a ball in an open area or hand the ball off and that WR/HB will run for days.

I don't think we'll see a "spy" at all. We will see a defense coached certain assignments and hopefully the defense is in a position where Miller has nowhere to go throwing or running. There will be time Miller makes plays, the defense just can't let it happen routinely.

I dont see Ohio State being as good as a lot of you think they are. We stop Miller we win, we bang him up we win hell if we dont turn the ball over we win. Our offense is better then theirs and our Ds are about the same

I dont see Ohio State being as good as a lot of you think they are. We stop Miller we win, we bang him up we win hell if we dont turn the ball over we win. Our offense is better then theirs and our Ds are about the same

Their defense is better. And stopping Miller is easier said than done. And... we almost always turn the ball over. There are a great many "ifs" in your post --- and it is unlikely that any of the "ifs" go our way. So... OSU to win.

OSU has more talent than anyone in our conference... it is just a matter of time for that talent to gel...

I wish it were not so. But...

I don't think OSU is more talented than NU overall. If I look at position to position I just don't see it.

QB- I would say that BM is more talented than TM, doesn't mean he will play better though.

RB- I think we are more talented and deep even if they wern't banged up.

WR- NU is way more talented

O-line I would say is a push

TE- Stoneburner is good, but is not all world. I would say that is at least a push and Reed can stretch the defense better.

D-Line - OSU has more talent

LB's - I would say is a push

DB- we are definitely more talented

Kicking - NU

I like this game. I think the pressure is all on OSU. Night games make for a great atmosphere but also for a lot of pressure on the home team IMO. OSU could come out really tight just like NU did against Wisky. I

I pray that we keep a "spy" on Miller, especially if we're blitzing, and hopefully it's someone with some speed. Scares the hell out of me locking up man on man, sending the farm and letting Miller get loose and run for days

If we have a player as a "spy" AND player(s) blitzing, Miller just needs to throw a ball in an open area or hand the ball off and that WR/HB will run for days.

I don't think we'll see a "spy" at all. We will see a defense coached certain assignments and hopefully the defense is in a position where Miller has nowhere to go throwing or running. There will be time Miller makes plays, the defense just can't let it happen routinely.

that "spy" can tackle players other than Miller, and do more than just watch Miller run around, you know that right? Like standing in that open area that Miller wants to throw it into (middle of the field where the spy likely will be set up) or tackling the WR/HB that he hands the ball off to. Since he'd spying Miller he's probably going to see that handoff and be in a pretty good position to stop it don't ya think?

a spy is not a worthless party out on the field. he's just not expected to cover the slant across the middle because his responsibility is different. I'd take 10 completions on that slant for 8-10 yards each with a frazzled Braxton in the pocket over what most teams have been doing with him. He screws up when he has pressure on him, when he can't do it on his own, when he's not running the ball well. He starts to panick and throws interceptions. One interception on our side of the field almost negates every one of those 100 yards. Those 100 yards in completions are nothing in compared to what a spy can do to their offense w/ Braxton in there. We've seen it done to us numerous time, and we've lost terribly.

Not commenting on my own opinion, but the sports betting market has bet this game down to OSU -3. That means the market believes that Nebraska is a better team on a neutral field, since most gamblers assume at least a 4 point home field advantage for a major college football team.

First off I believe we're going to lose this game and I hope I'm wrong like every husker fan. However when the spread moved that fast (it actually opened in some places a point higher than 5 and quickly moved down). And has continued to move down that usually means that bookies are laying their bets off on Vegas in a big way and big money "made" guys are betting on Nebraska to cover. There is usually fire where there is that much smoke so something isn't being said about this game. Perhaps the QB is hurt more than is publicly known. I just hope we win this thing and do more than cover.

Interesting.... It was stated in an article per Meyer that Braxton didn't practice til Tuesday this week. Also stated that his knee felt better, but was still bugging him on Tuesday. Lastly, said that Monday it was rough for Braxton because knee was really giving him trouble.

that "spy" can tackle players other than Miller, and do more than just watch Miller run around, you know that right? Like standing in that open area that Miller wants to throw it into (middle of the field where the spy likely will be set up) or tackling the WR/HB that he hands the ball off to. Since he'd spying Miller he's probably going to see that handoff and be in a pretty good position to stop it don't ya think?

a spy is not a worthless party out on the field. he's just not expected to cover the slant across the middle because his responsibility is different. I'd take 10 completions on that slant for 8-10 yards each with a frazzled Braxton in the pocket over what most teams have been doing with him. He screws up when he has pressure on him, when he can't do it on his own, when he's not running the ball well. He starts to panick and throws interceptions. One interception on our side of the field almost negates every one of those 100 yards. Those 100 yards in completions are nothing in compared to what a spy can do to their offense w/ Braxton in there. We've seen it done to us numerous time, and we've lost terribly.

If I close my eyes and someone reads this post to me, I'd swear this was about Dennard Robinson!

If I close my eyes and someone reads this post to me, I'd swear this was about Dennard Robinson!

If Taylor skips rocks, Dennard and Braxton heave logs. Before the season I had them all pretty even. I still think Braxton will peak higher than Taylor in his career...but at this point in the season Taylor has Braxton by a head, and Dennard by a mile.