Rex still the man, but Abdullah is a beast

I saw films of Abdullah when he was in high school. He was amazing. I can't believe he actually ended up here at NU. As far as I am concerned, Rex will retain his status as the No. 1 RB. Having a back up like Abdullah is nothing but a huge plus. When Rex graduates, then Abdullah will be able to step in and make his own legacy. We should all be thankful that we have these two, plus the others that make up the stable of running backs.

Seriously, they really are better when used together!!!! Give Rex some reps, and give Abdullah some reps. That's a real tough combination on any defense. They each have unique skills that will keep a defense out of tempo. And use them to keep each other fresh!! I will be so disappointed in these coaches if Abdullah gets shorted on carries against OSU if we lose. That would be shame

Seriously, they really are better when used together!!!! Give Rex some reps, and give Abdullah some reps. That's a real tough combination on any defense. They each have unique skills that will keep a defense out of tempo. And use them to keep each other fresh!! I will be so disappointed in these coaches if Abdullah gets shorted on carries against OSU if we lose. That would be shame

I don't think you have to worry about that, I'm guessing even without Rex's injury we would have seen a similar game plan for Wisconsin and beyond. Rex to set the tone, Abdullah and the other young guns to wear them down, and Rex with a splash of Abdullah to finish 'em off. It really is a great 1-2 combination. I just hope Ameer can get his fumbles under control.

Think of how we could torch a team too if Janovich can carry the ball reliably a couple times a game.

Seriously, what's up w/ Marrow? Dude is huge but doesn't do much. You'd figure he'd be able to bulldoze/steamroll defenders with ease.

id like to see them move him to TE next year. WIth cotton and reed leaving, we could use the help. Not sure about his height, but if he can block and catch the ball he would be tough to cover with a safety or outside linebacker. He have any speed?

To me it was pretty obvious. Pick your poison. They game planned on Rex. Sans the fumble he fought hard and picked up gutsy yards after getting swarmed each carry. Once he left the field, the Badgers were besides thereselves. Fourth quarter he dragged them for first downs.

UW Basically took him out and let TM and everyone else try to beat them. Ameer played great (even though he coughed it up).