Offensive Line

Over the last several seasons and going into this one, there have been lots of negative remarks about our offensive line. I would like to say that there obviously has been magnificent improvement. IMO they get better each week.

The pass protection is very good. Can we keep the defense out of the backfield every play? Of course not. On the other hand Taylor is not running for his life on every play either.

The run blocking has become very very good. 5th in the nation in rushing. Heck, we almost have two 100 yd rushers every week.

I'm not sure if this improvement is on BC or his cast of helpers, but I have to admit, there is big time improvement all across the line.

Hats off to the offensive line and coaches!

• Fire 3

The guy I'm impressed with is Justin Jackson at center. I thought it seemed like a stop-gap measure when we put him there. But he's turned out to be solid. Especially considering he didn't even crack the three-deep last year. Heck, the guy was a DT back in January at the Cap One Bowl.

• Fire 1

The guy I'm impressed with is Justin Jackson at center. I thought it seemed like a stop-gap measure when we put him there. But he's turned out to be solid. Especially considering he didn't even crack the three-deep last year. Heck, the guy was a DT back in January at the Cap One Bowl.

Agreed. I think he's already better than what we've had at center the past several years. Love to see that guy pulling around the end; reminds me somewhat of Zach Wiegert. Hopefully he turns out to be that good down the road.

Not enough meat on the bones for a great eval at the point for me. The only game we had up to this weekend was UCLA ... what was the grade in that game? The rest were against teams that we were suppose to beat and we had better athletes. We played a dominate two quarters against Wisconsin ... D+ or C- for the other two quarters. Give us a B+ to A- for the two good quarters.

For me, I was pleased with those two Wisconsin quarters. If we can make some holes and provide protection against OSU, Michigan and Michigan State then I will begin to make an opinion in the positive direction for this line. They certainly have my interest at this point.

Been very impressed with the line the past few weeks (mostly, our tackles still have a bit of work to do at times). BUT The line is still the biggest reason we lost to UCLA. They were absolutely horrible in the fourth quarter of that game.

I am also still concerned with depth. We're basically running with 7 linemen and no backup at RG. We're good now but I fear we start getting really run down later in the season.

FWIW though, Barney needs to talk to his boy. Ben has been absolutely horrible blocking as a TE most of this season.

The line has played well so far this year, much better than I thought it would.

And just as important, have relatively stayed healthy!

Indeed. The line could use some depth. Losing Klatchko and Moore might bite NU in the ass as the season progresses.

Been very impressed with the line the past few weeks (mostly, our tackles still have a bit of work to do at times). BUT The line is still the biggest reason we lost to UCLA. They were absolutely horrible in the fourth quarter of that game.

FWIW though, Barney needs to talk to his boy. Ben has been absolutely horrible blocking as a TE most of this season.

Really? I think we lost that game because the defense gave up 600+ yards and 36 pts. Did the offensive line play as good in the 4th quarter no, but the defense played horrible in that game and it was mostly due to scheme.

I don't know how anyone can lay that loss on anyone but the defense.

Really? I think we lost that game because the defense gave up 600+ yards and 36 pts. Did the offensive line play as good in the 4th quarter no, but the defense played horrible in that game and it was mostly due to scheme.

I don't know how anyone can lay that loss on anyone but the defense.

I would concur.

Play calling didn't help matters much either.

• Fire 1

Pretty nice stats courtesy OWH:

NU offense continues nice trends

Nebraska continued three trends with its 30-point, 440-yard offensive effort against Wisconsin.

>> The Huskers have scored at least 30 points in all five games this season. The last time NU hit 30 in five straight games was a stretch spanning parts of the 2007 and ’08 seasons.

>> Nebraska rushed for 259 yards to go over 250 for the fifth straight game. It’s the longest streak of 250-yard rushing games since the 2002 team went seven straight.

>> NU has topped 400 yards of total offense in five straight games for the first time since the 2008 season.

Saying the O line was the reason we lost the UCLA game was ridiculous when the offense scored 30 points and the defense looked like they had no clue what they were doing giving up over 600 yards.

Our O line is playing very well this year. It's amazing how important it is for a group of guys like that to play in the same system for two years in a row.

Saying the O line was the reason we lost the UCLA game was ridiculous when the offense scored 30 points and the defense looked like they had no clue what they were doing giving up over 600 yards.

Our O line is playing very well this year. It's amazing how important it is for a group of guys like that to play in the same system for two years in a row.

Agreed.

Blaming the Oline, Tmart, or "any" part of our offense for that loss is just silly.

Agreed.

Blaming the Oline, Tmart, or "any" part of our offense for that loss is just silly.

Well, you know, the defense did it's job by holding UCLA to 36 points (34 minus the safety), but the offense failed theirs by not scoring at least 37. Hows that for looney logic?

Some are just so preset on blaming certain people that nothing pleases. Just like the guy that was cut off sports nightly last night for being a complete idiot.

The best, and maybe most important assessment of the line this year is the penalty situation. Hardly none at all. What'd they have Saturday? One holding call was it a believe. (4th qtr clip was on Ameer). No false starts, again, if I recall. That is just a flat out impresssive improvement.