Game time for Ohio State

No, the local pheasants forever banquet has been scheduled for a long time. My 12 year old son went through a hunting program through them and gets something special if he goes to the banquet. I told him we will have to miss the game and watch it after we get home. I gave him the choice and he was disappointed with missing the game but still wants to go.

Every once in a while I have to remind myself that there will always be more Husker games, my son will only be young once.

I am almost positive a sports fan with little kids invented the DVR.

Well know I feel like a Butt hole! That just brought back great memories of hunting Pheasant. Show up to high school with a gun visible. Get out of class then hit the fields looking for those birds. Not sure how high schools would react with a shotgun exposed these days. Man we have turned into a Pansie nation! This was in Lincoln also.

Reminds me of early teaching gig in Northeast Nebraska...............as soon as school called off for snow...........EVERYONE (students, teachers, administrators..........all went hunting). Weather too bad for school, but never too bad to hunt !

No, the local pheasants forever banquet has been scheduled for a long time. My 12 year old son went through a hunting program through them and gets something special if he goes to the banquet. I told him we will have to miss the game and watch it after we get home. I gave him the choice and he was disappointed with missing the game but still wants to go.

Every once in a while I have to remind myself that there will always be more Husker games, my son will only be young once.

Well know I feel like a Butt hole! That just brought back great memories of hunting Pheasant. Show up to high school with a gun visible. Get out of class then hit the fields looking for those birds. Not sure how high schools would react with a shotgun exposed these days. Man we have turned into a Pansie nation! This was in Lincoln also.

Reminds me of early teaching gig in Northeast Nebraska...............as soon as school called off for snow...........EVERYONE (students, teachers, administrators..........all went hunting). Weather too bad for school, but never too bad to hunt !

Those were the days :thumbs

What I need to make clear to these guys is that they need to plan these things for the friggen Idaho State week. Not OSU week.

I thought scheduling events around Nebraska games was like religion? First thing my family does when planning weddings and family events.

What I need to make clear to these guys is that they need to plan these things for the friggen Idaho State week. Not OSU week.

I thought scheduling events around Nebraska games was like religion? First thing my family does when planning weddings and family events.

You run into this when either person getting married is from out of state! When I got married I told my wife it had to happen on one of 3 dates as to not conflict with the bigger games that year!

I'm probably not going to see much of the game and what I do see, I most likely won't remember. I'm heading back to my old college stomping grounds this weekend. Look out coeds! :lol:

NebraskaKid.gif

:laughpound Is there a gif yet of the Husker fan in disbelief that said "wtf"? Maybe beginning of second quarter they showed him.

P.S. look at the girl in the back left, I didn't even notice her before but thats hilarious!

Thank God its something worthy of missing a game for and not a sill wedding or an in-law event.

T_O_B

G>>R

:bigredn:

Don't have problem one with coming down hard on those students who bring weapons of any kind onto school grounds. Too many Columbine type incidents. I also have two grand kids in school and I want them safe.

T_O_B

It's been well over a decade now since that was necessary