DT Edwin Delva

When you get blown out on national TV you deserve backlash from the fans and media. Bo has every right to be critiqued as does Barnstache. Maybe we don't get the right oline commits all the time because Barney sucks? Why does it have to be the fans fault? If Auburn who didn't win a SEC game all year can pull in 5 stars why is it my fault Bo can't?

Don't blame fans that critique the coaching staff for the staffs deficiencies on the field and the recruiting trail.

I guess I could take your approach and close my eyes and wish really hard and tap my toes together and things will be ok.

maybe because auburn is in a rich fertile recruiting ground. that couldnt be it, our coaches just suck at recruiting.

as for the closing the eyes approach, how exactly has your bitching about what you perceive as deficient been working? and just because people arent 100% negatively critical of the staff doesnt mean they dont acknowledge problems. they can just see the forest for the trees.

Great post desertshox. It's one thing to be critical but another to just be completely downtrodden on the entire staff. If I was completely negative and down on the staff 100% I would have to find another team to follow. How can people be so negative all the time and still be a fan???????????? Find a new team to root for would be my advice.

I root for this team as much as anyone else does. Just because I'm not drunk on kool aid and high on sunshine doesn't make me any less of a fan. I support this team and the players with all I got. I want us to win every game we play. I also want conference championships and BCS bowls. I want top 10-15 recruiting classes yearly. If a coach is paid top dollar like Bo we deserve that as fans. I hope we win a CCG next season and make a BCS bowl.

I want to see progress instead I see us getting beat by teams with a pulse and surrendering loads of pts and yds like Cosgrove couldn't fathom. Our defensive guru of a coach shouldn't have these problems while is 2nd year OC outshines him often.

But please stop with you find a new team you aren't a fan crap. We are all fans our the Big Red and we all want to win. We just all have different views on how to do it.

But please stop with you find a new team you aren't a fan crap. We are all fans our the Big Red and we all want to win. We just all have different views on how to do it.

while we are at it, can we stop with the "kool aid drinker" and "sunshine pumper" bs just because someone wants to see the brighter side of things?

When you get blown out on national TV you deserve backlash from the fans and media. Bo has every right to be critiqued as does Barnstache. Maybe we don't get the right oline commits all the time because Barney sucks? Why does it have to be the fans fault? If Auburn who didn't win a SEC game all year can pull in 5 stars why is it my fault Bo can't?

Don't blame fans that critique the coaching staff for the staffs deficiencies on the field and the recruiting trail.

I guess I could take your approach and close my eyes and wish really hard and tap my toes together and things will be ok.

maybe because auburn is in a rich fertile recruiting ground. that couldnt be it, our coaches just suck at recruiting.

as for the closing the eyes approach, how exactly has your bitching about what you perceive as deficient been working? and just because people arent 100% negatively critical of the staff doesnt mean they dont acknowledge problems. they can just see the forest for the trees.

Great post desertshox. It's one thing to be critical but another to just be completely downtrodden on the entire staff. If I was completely negative and down on the staff 100% I would have to find another team to follow. How can people be so negative all the time and still be a fan???????????? Find a new team to root for would be my advice.

I root for this team as much as anyone else does. Just because I'm not drunk on kool aid and high on sunshine doesn't make me any less of a fan. I support this team and the players with all I got. I want us to win every game we play. I also want conference championships and BCS bowls. I want top 10-15 recruiting classes yearly. If a coach is paid top dollar like Bo we deserve that as fans. I hope we win a CCG next season and make a BCS bowl.

I want to see progress instead I see us getting beat by teams with a pulse and surrendering loads of pts and yds like Cosgrove couldn't fathom. Our defensive guru of a coach shouldn't have these problems while is 2nd year OC outshines him often.

Don't pretend that this defense didn't have bright spots all year. The secondary was one of the best in the country. The problem was on the defensive line, and that is a personnel problem, not so much a coaching problem. The lack of ability to recruit the right defensive tackles falls on Bo as well, but to pretend like the guy forgot how to coach defense is plain stupid on your part.... You don't think Bo could work wonders with Alabama's talent on D? I know he could, so it is a personnel issue. Now its Bo's job to go get the necessary talent he needs to work with. The defense is going to be better by a lot next year....

Location, location location. We have one recruit from our state. Most schools like Ohio State and Michigan have 5 or 6. If we had 4 or 5 more 4 stars in our state? Hell, we would finish 10-15 every year in recruiting with a few single digit years thrown in. I love how guys say we "whiff" on recruits when they decide to stay home and play in front of their friends and family. It takes a special type of personality to drop your friends, family and everything youve ever know to move away from home (ive done it for the military) And on top of all of that move to a place that is cold, snowy and the fans will chastise you for fumbling, all while you break every record in program history. Gotta remove the Nebraska biased. We have no in state talent. Like i said imagine 5 or 6 4 or 5 star recruits like Banderas, a given each and every year, with more three stars banging down your door. Were lucky we do as well as we do recruiting.

Great post. I said in another thread that even if we had a state like Missouri as far as in state talent we would be doing very very well.

Wow, I just came into the thread to check out the progress with Delva........much to my suprise (sarcasm)...... on the entire page, I think I saw his name mentioned ONCE !!! , and that was someone trying to re-direct the intention of THIS PAGE !!!!

From post #51 to now, I still don't know anymore about this kid...

Wow, I just came into the thread to check out the progress with Delva........much to my suprise (sarcasm)...... on the entire page, I think I saw his name mentioned ONCE !!! , and that was someone trying to re-direct the intention of THIS PAGE !!!!

From post #51 to now, I still don't know anymore about this kid...

Here ya go. I think he's still on our radar but as of right now I think we are really trying to get Bradley and Toby.

I'm comparing us to other elite programs in the present. I hold our program to high standards. I don't feel we should be a training school for coaches. Other elite programs don't do it. We have the facilities cash and fan support to be a consistent top 15 team every single year. I except us to have a staff that can compete with the best of them and have resumes to back it up. I expect us to pull in top 15 recruiting classes yearly as well. Look at the expectations thread and you will see what I want from our program. With our resources I am more than realistic. Never once have I ever compared our team this season to any of TO's teams. I wouldn't insult those teams like that. We are not Nebraska of old. We won't go on a 60-3 run nor will any other team.

TO had a better record against BCS teams than Bo has had. Bo has also lost more games than TO each and every year I believe. I'm not comparing Bo to TO. Bo isn't TO and never will be so I would never waste my time with something silly like that.

Relax and calm down. No need to blow a gasket my fellow husker fan. Happy Holidays

You act like getting 5 star talent is easy to do Headley! It pisses me off!!! Take a close look at where these kids are from. The south and the west coast. Now take a look at where most of these kids sign. THE SOUTH AND THE WEST COAST!!!!!!!! You come on here and spout your nonsense when you have never been to a practice!!! You spout about all your contacts and insider knowledge!!! Big deal!!!! I know donors and NCIU members also! You are trying to compare this years huskers to the 93 - 97 teams when your should be comparing them to the early 70's teams!!!!! Osbornes first years as a coach!!! I want you to name a first time head coach thru years that has done what BO has!!! I've held my tongue as long as I can!!! Get a media guide and do some research. Osborne wasn't perfect! It was 10 years before he put a top 5 team on the field and he coached in a weak big 8. With no scholarship limitations. before spouting your ignorant 24 years old opinions on us!!! Ive held my tongue for a whole month. From now on I'm going 2 challenge your ignorance.

Throughout the history of HuskerBoard, there have been solid posts, there have been good posts, and there have been great posts. This one doesn't fall into any of those categories. This is legen... Wait for it... Wait for it... Dairy.

This is called hitting a lead off home run!

+10000000000

• Fire 1

You act like getting 5 star talent is easy to do Headley! It pisses me off!!! Take a close look at where these kids are from. The south and the west coast. Now take a look at where most of these kids sign. THE SOUTH AND THE WEST COAST!!!!!!!! You come on here and spout your nonsense when you have never been to a practice!!! You spout about all your contacts and insider knowledge!!! Big deal!!!! I know donors and NCIU members also! You are trying to compare this years huskers to the 93 - 97 teams when your should be comparing them to the early 70's teams!!!!! Osbornes first years as a coach!!! I want you to name a first time head coach thru years that has done what BO has!!! I've held my tongue as long as I can!!! Get a media guide and do some research. Osborne wasn't perfect! It was 10 years before he put a top 5 team on the field and he coached in a weak big 8. With no scholarship limitations. before spouting your ignorant 24 years old opinions on us!!! Ive held my tongue for a whole month. From now on I'm going 2 challenge your ignorance.

Not trying to derail the thread anymore thanit currently is but the exclamation point (!) Is a trademark of RedRedJarvisRedwhine and to avoid any litigation in the future you will need to receive permission to use the exclamation point.....(!)

If this is going to be typical of you not holding your tongue, I suggest you reconsider. Personal attacks are not permitted. Continued violations will result in a ban. Attack the post - not the poster.