Is This The Day?

The odds are in our favor if Nebraska scores more than 30 points. Under Bo Pelini, the Huskers are 11 - 0 when they score more than 30 points.

I'm going to assume you mean 31 points or more, as we lost to UCLA 36-30

Hmmm..he did say "more" than 30 points, so that does exclude the UCLA game as we only scored 30, not more than 30..

The day we play a full four quarters of good, solid football.

^^If this, then this:

The day we have a big road win.

And this too:

The day the Huskers become present in every sports show discussion.

I hope it happens. I think it can happen.

I am with Nuance on this one. We need a statement game BAD! I know I grew up with the 90s teams and still fighting the feelings of possible reality that Nebraska is just not that good,but the Big 10 is so bad right now and it is time to start really dominating.

I have a feeling this is the day we talk about for the next couple of years.

The day that we have a great defensive scheme planned that shuts down the "mobile quarterback".

The day that the offense figures out a combination of run, pass and PA plays that works and sticks to it throughout the game.

The day the O-Line once again starts to become the Pipeline.

The day we play a full four quarters of good, solid football.

The day that Bo out coaches one of the biggies.

The day we have a big road win.

The day after which we stop "hoping we can win" and start believing we will win...every game.

The day the Huskers become present in every sports show discussion.

I know I'm a kool-aid drinker, but I think the potential is there for this to be "that" game.

YES

Not only yes, F*CK yes!!!!!!!! This is an opportunity for our running game to impose it's will on another team in their house. I hope we grab that opportunity and run with it.

The first 6 minutes will tell the tale.

:D I said that against Wisconsin last year, Ohio St. last year, and Wisconsin last week. Guess what. That notion was wrong on all 3 accounts.

We need to turn a corner. That corner is right in front of us. I know Wisconsin is not as good this year, but we were down, with a very sh**ty feeling flowing through the stadium and all 3 phases rose up and got a win. Not to mention, we looked very good doing it for let's just say 2 quarters. The defense showed a fire and swagger we've been missing for a while. They looked comfortable. I dont, however, see this as a must win to avoid failure. If it's an instant classic and we lose a close game by playing well, I can live with that (Texas '09, Texas Tech '08 come to mind). But if we get lit up it could be another major setback that could be devastating with another huge opportunity.