**Official Ohio State game discussion thread**

Foppa

I mean you've got to take an honest assessment of where things are with this program.

In the marathon of college football, Nebraska has fallen to the middle of the pack, well off the lead pace set by Devaney and Osborne.

When you look at the things that make up a great power in college football you can answer YES or NO in terms of this question: Does Nebraska still have an edge? Lets take a look:

Strength and Conditioning: NO The leading edge pioneered by Epely has been lost other schools are well caught up

Ability to Recruit: NO When TO retired we lost a huge draw for young talent. Lack of recent relevance doesn't help.

Coaching: NO Many quality coaches out there teaching great football at the top level.

More scholarships: NO well OK we have the edge on at least two schools for awhile...

Facilities: NO many other schools with large stadiums nice weight rooms etc.

These aint the days of beating up on outmanned and outcoached Big 8 schools any more and riding the popular vote to the Orange bowl. Those days are OVER

You gotta ask yourself are we offering anything special to those young 5 star players they cant get somewhere else? warm weather year round? NO Facilities that are far and away the best? NO Familiar culture and demographic (for many)? NO Closeness to home (for many) NO Transcendant coach (Osborne, Bowden, etc?) NO Unique Offense matching their skills: NO

A meaningful number of top level recriuts aren't just going to show up here for the hell of it. They need a reason.

I was watching florida/LSU today and if you think we have the manpower to line up with either of those teams you are flat delusional.

I hope Rex is going to be okay, I wish he would been able to stay in the rest of game. I wish nothing but the best for Nebraska the rest of the year.

ditto , good call

Let me be the first to say thanks for being good sports. Before some pyscho tells you to go home...

edit: let me be the second :)

I mean you've got to take an honest assessment of where things are with this program.

In the marathon of college football, Nebraska has fallen to the middle of the pack, well off the lead pace set by Devaney and Osborne.

When you look at the things that make up a great power in college football you can answer YES or NO in terms of this question: Does Nebraska still have an edge? Lets take a look:

Strength and Conditioning: NO The leading edge pioneered by Epely has been lost other schools are well caught up

Ability to Recruit: NO When TO retired we lost a huge draw for young talent. Lack of recent relevance doesn't help.

Coaching: NO Many quality coaches out there teaching great football at the top level.

More scholarships: NO well OK we have the edge on at least two schools for awhile...

These aint the days of beating up on outmanned and outcoached Big 8 schools any more and riding the popular vote to the Orange bowl. Those days are OVER

You gotta ask yourself are we offering anything special to those young 5 star players they cant get somewhere else? warm weather year round? NO Facilities that are far and away the best? NO Familiar culture and demographic (for many)? NO Closeness to home (for many) NO Transcendant coach (Osborne, Bowden, etc?) NO Unique Offense matching their skills: NO

A meaningful number of top level recriuts aren't just going to show up here for the hell of it. They need a reason.

I was watching florida/LSU today and if you think we have the manpower to line up with either of those teams you are flat delusional.

I didn't think you could make it worse, but you just made me more sad about what's become of our football program. Congratulations, you should be a motivational speaker and live in a van down by the river.

I didn't think you could make it worse, but you just made me more sad about what's become of our football program. Congratulations, you should be a motivational speaker and live in a van down by the river.

You're main issue is assuming this is a zero sum game. It is not, NU is two seasons if not one from competing for dominance.

I'm depressed as hell.

I wonder if Nebraska will ever be competitive again. There's nothing special about it anymore to the un-aligned observer. OK, well, we got great fan support.... I like to think that means something, but 10 more years of this and I wonder if we will all be so forgiving.

I'm getting less and less interested every week. I haven't bought any new Husker gear in awhile. I didn't feel motivated to drive to see a game this year. I don't wear my jerseys anymore.

I'm tired of this. It's so damn predictable. This is exactly what I worried was going to happen because, well, it happens a lot now. I'm getting used to it. I don't like that.

I feel like the geographical shift has finally made us obsolete.

I hope Rex is going to be okay, I wish he would been able to stay in the rest of game. I wish nothing but the best for Nebraska the rest of the year.

ditto , good call

Thanks and congratulations on the win! If we can get our defense straightened out we'll give you a better game next time.

You're main issue is assuming this is a zero sum game. It is not, NU is two seasons if not one from competing for dominance.

Granted our schedule gets 2 games easier next year and the year after. So instead of going 9-4 or 8-5 like this year we can be 10-2 going into the bowl game and get to play a tougher opponent. That will translate into a loss by 40 to 50 points. If we thought we were depressed during the 7 year bowl game losses by TO, get used to the upcoming smack downs.

I hate losing with a red hot passion. Over the years I have also found that a loss to a better team doesn't hurt quite as much as when we hand the game to an opponent that isn't that much better than we are. Unfortunately we have done it twice this year.

T_O_B

G>B>R

lot of assumptions in that statement

...and all are true.

T_O_B