Tom Osborne did this ALL the time. 4th quarter, up by a ton, still running up the middle or triple option with the 3rd string. The defenses were usually so beaten down that they would break off huge runs right up the middle. Tom would often go for it on 4th down in these situations and would later say he didn't want to run up the score by kicking a field goal. I remember saying that it wasn't running up the score because everyone in the stadium knew what play was being called. All they had to do was stop it. I'm sure if you ask Iowa state, Kansas state, Kansas, etc. they would have called that running up the score.

At any rate, last I saw the game was football and the huskers got their ass handed to themselves with or without that score.

• Fire 1

Handed the ball off to his running back and forced him to score a TD against our weak defense......

Urban literally picked him up and dragged him kicking and screaming into the endzone. I'd never seen anything like it! Poor guy, backup RB, didn't want the touches in the first place. big meanie Urban :lol:

I don't have any problem with what Urban did. There's no excuse for our defense making it that easy for teams to run on us. This team has a lot to fix, both mentally and schematically. Maybe it's time to get Rose and Afalava out there so they have some experience going into next year.

I see next year being a high potential year for the Huskers, as long as our D Line guys step up next year. After this season, we lose Steinkuhler, Caveman, and Meredith. It's difficult right now to envision much improvement with the front 4 next year, but then again, I couldn't see it getting any worse. If it does, Bo is gone for sure.

Pure jelousy i guess, and kneejerk reactions as we call them, my comments last night, but yes, it is our job to stop it. It's not like Mizzou in '07 running a trick play to tack on points late in a blowout. Urban Meyer just rubs me the wrong way. I dont like the guy or his shady-not crooked that we can prove-personality. But last night I can honestly admit I dont have a problem with the last score. I just did at the time because of the angst that was running wild at the time.