Name your new coach

Well, we can potentially strike one name from the list of "unnecessary" candidtates.

Bo Pelini vs. Pat Fitzgerald - October 20, 2012.........

Apparently both have crappy recruits because A) Pelini can't recruit because he's horrible at it <_< and B) Fitzgerald can't recruit because Northwestern is a horrible program <_<

So. according to the logic used my many people in this thread, we will see coach vs. coach.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!

p.s.: If someone can make a "Northwestern Movie Poster" with the format of Rocky or Gladiator with Bo vs Pat, I would love you for it...

Bo has won 9 or 10 games EVERY season he has been here so far. I hope he does it again this season. This year, our defense is slow, unathletic, and just plain not getting the job done. IMO that is a result of the first 2 recruiting classes Bo had here. They were sub-par. Since then, he has found out how important recruiting is, and it has picked up. I am in the group that wants to see what Bo can do in 2 or 3 years when those younger guys are leading the team. If it doesn't work out at that point, then oh well, we move on.

It's just a little ridiculous to think that any other coach that has been mentioned that would REALISTICALLY come here could do better than what Bo has done in his first 4 years.

I agree with keeping Bo on, but with the caveat that we seriously revamp the staff around him.

It ultimately won't matter how great Bo's recruiting efforts are if he doesn't have competent coaches to guide them in their development--just look at Texass and all their blue-chip talent from numerous recruiting National Championships that went to seed because they had twits at the helm.

Kirby Smart would be an excellent choice imo. He'd bring some serious D 'smarts'. Just saying that makes me want him to be the coach now, lol.

Giving Kirby Smart the credit for Bama's D is like giving Carl the credit for Nebraska's D a couple years ago. I'm sure he's a smart guy, but Saban runs the show on defense down in Tuscaloosa.

Kirby Smart would be an excellent choice imo. He'd bring some serious D 'smarts'. Just saying that makes me want him to be the coach now, lol.

Giving Kirby Smart the credit for Bama's D is like giving Carl the credit for Nebraska's D a couple years ago. I'm sure he's a smart guy, but Saban runs the show on defense down in Tuscaloosa.

There is a reason Kirby is the highest paid assistant coach in the nation, has been on all of Saban's staffs ... And it's not because the D is "Saban's" D. Kirby has a bigger hand in it than you may think. Certainly more than Carl - and a lot of their D has evolved over the years due to Kirby adding new blitz packages, coverages, etc.

How come no one likes Gary Patterson? I think he has done a remarkable job at TCU, has solid defenses almost every year. Seems to develop the talent he gets very well. Mostly three stars but occasionally can get some four stars, more the school than his recruiting.

May end up at Kansas State though when Bill retires.

So we want to get rid of Bo because he had no Head Coach experience and supposedly he aint figuring it out and yet you want to take another chance on a DC of an SEC national contender with no HC experience that should produce better results? I'm am flabbergasted and apalled at the jibberish being discussed here right now.

So we want to get rid of Bo because he had no Head Coach experience and supposedly he aint figuring it out and yet you want to take another chance on a DC of an SEC national contender with no HC experience that should produce better results? I'm am flabbergasted and apalled at the jibberish being discussed here right now.

i wish i was surprised, but these are the same people always clamoring for the backup qb. if winning was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I should've clarified, Bo shouldn't lost his job UNLESS we can somehow get Saban. Assistant coaches need to be re evaluated. Starting with OL, DC, ST and OC - and leaving competition open daily. No way another qb shouldn't of been in that game vs Ohio State. I've been hammered for saying it, but we won't ever be an elite team with Taylor at the helm. For every big play he makes 2-3 knucklehead plays (interception, fumble, bad read - passing or running).

Don't think Bo should be let go. But if he was, for whatever reason, I'd give Kirby a chance.

How come no one likes Gary Patterson? I think he has done a remarkable job at TCU, has solid defenses almost every year. Seems to develop the talent he gets very well. Mostly three stars but occasionally can get some four stars, more the school than his recruiting.

May be wrong, but thought he passed on K-State right before Synder re-upped............?

I should've clarified, Bo shouldn't lost his job UNLESS we can somehow get Saban. Assistant coaches need to be re evaluated. Starting with OL, DC, ST and OC - and leaving competition open daily. No way another qb shouldn't of been in that game vs Ohio State. I've been hammered for saying it, but we won't ever be an elite team with Taylor at the helm. For every big play he makes 2-3 knucklehead plays (interception, fumble, bad read - passing or running).

How do you know that at the end of the FB seasons the assistant coaches don't get re-evaluated. but load of speculation on your part.

May be wrong, but thought he passed on K-State right before Synder re-upped............?

I think your right, he didn’t want to leave TCU.