What can Bo do to regain your support

With all of the Bo stinks posts, I wanted to see what y'all think about ways that BO can gain back support. Not saying folks want to fire Bo, but after Saturdays debacle, his support seems to have taken a hit.

We have had thread after thread about how we stunk, but what can we do to fix it. I have a few suggestions.

One thing that has always annoyed me is the lack of letting the fans feel wanted and or important. Seems petty, but NU fans, IMO, identify to a degree with our success or failures. Across the country, Big Red supports the Huskers and rides an emotional roller coaster like no other fan base. Ahman Green said that NU reminded him of Green Bay with the fans base and support. He loves /loved it there because of that. I would appreciate Bo saying in a presser this week or next that he hopes the NU faithful will be in mass at NW. Say something that even though they might get low on a Sat loss, the next week they are again filling the stadium to full capacity to cheer on their team. Would love to hear some Big Red fans at NW next week. Means a lot to the team and the staff to see the fan support. Knows we play better at home and there is a reason. The atmosphere, unlike any other in college football.

I am also really hoping to see an obvious scheme change. I know that we can not implement a brand new scheme in 2 weeks, but last year he did a great job against MSU with the stand up D line. A very noticeable tweak. Same with Mizzou in 2009 with the "spinner role". I also hope to see a lot of the young kids get meaningful playing time. Rose, Santos, Peat, Alfalva etc.....We need speed. After UCLA, I thought we would make more "permanent" changes, but I was wrong. Allow the athletes to make plays and yes mistakes. IMO, an athlete making a mistake can recover and turn a negative into a positive. A less athletic person turns that mistake into 6 points.

I would like to see a significantly more aggressive D. Put the CB's on an Island and let loose the dogs of war. Let them eat. Send them every series.

I would like to see permanent captains named. Rex, Martinez, Evans, Compton? Guys who by position and continued presence as permanent captains will feel more "ownership" to get in folks faces and demand more. A weekly leader probably feels less inclined to really be able to "rightfully" get into the faces of guys when he is only a captain for a day. Honorary if you will. Kind of if you are an "acting supervisor" at your current job are you really going to say to co-workers what is needed?

I would also like Bo to go into an offensive "shell" and try to limit Martinez's miscues. Our O is doing well in spite of ourselves. IIRC correctly, we leed the nation in fumbles and are very close in turn overs. We also have 3 walk-ons starting on the OL. Unheard of, but we are racking up points. I would love to see Beck try and not put so much pressure on Martinez to pass to get us out of or into trouble.

For me, this is a crossroads for Bo as many have stated. I hope that he chooses Progress or Pride and Winning over being Right. Even if we lose, IMO it will not be as bad if I see Bo trying something different. Any thing different to try and fix this floundering team.

I will still support Bo even in a loss with no changes, but it will be VERY HARD.

GO BIG RED

• Fire 2

He never lost my support.

agreed. i would love to see us win out and take the B1G. but i still do and will support him.

here is the thing, bo has improved the team every year he has been here. that is all that matters to me. as long as he keeps showing improvement and promise (which he is and has), i will enjoy the fall seasons of football.

agreed. i would love to see us win out and take the B1G. but i still do and will support him.

here is the thing, bo has improved the team every year he has been here. that is all that matters to me. as long as he keeps showing improvement and promise (which he is and has), i will enjoy the fall seasons of football.

2nd most yards ever put up on the Huskers by UCLA and 63 points by OSU. I really hope that BO can improve. After OSU he look bewildered. Six games in that won't take much. I just hope to see real change that will lead to permanent improvement. NOt the roller coaster os a team we seem to have become. Beat who we should, not throw a clunker and stay competitive with teams "equal" or "better" than us.

2nd most yards ever put up on the Huskers by UCLA and 63 points by OSU. I really hope that BO can improve. After OSU he look bewildered. Six games in that won't take much. I just hope to see real change that will lead to permanent improvement. NOt the roller coaster os a team we seem to have become. Beat who we should, not throw a clunker and stay competitive with teams "equal" or "better" than us.

the offense is as good as it has ever been under bo. we have seen what bo can do on defense. now he needs to figure how to put it all together.

• Fire 1

With all of the Bo stinks posts, I wanted to see what y'all think about ways that BO can gain back support. Not saying folks want to fire Bo, but after Saturdays debacle, his support seems to have taken a hit.

We have had thread after thread about how we stunk, but what can we do to fix it. I have a few suggestions.

One thing that has always annoyed me is the lack of letting the fans feel wanted and or important. Seems petty, but NU fans, IMO, identify to a degree with our success or failures. Across the country, Big Red supports the Huskers and rides an emotional roller coaster like no other fan base. Ahman Green said that NU reminded him of Green Bay with the fans base and support. He loves /loved it there because of that. I would appreciate Bo saying in a presser this week or next that he hopes the NU faithful will be in mass at NW. Say something that even though they might get low on a Sat loss, the next week they are again filling the stadium to full capacity to cheer on their team. Would love to hear some Big Red fans at NW next week. Means a lot to the team and the staff to see the fan support. Knows we play better at home and there is a reason. The atmosphere, unlike any other in college football.

I am also really hoping to see an obvious scheme change. I know that we can not implement a brand new scheme in 2 weeks, but last year he did a great job against MSU with the stand up D line. A very noticeable tweak. Same with Mizzou in 2009 with the "spinner role". I also hope to see a lot of the young kids get meaningful playing time. Rose, Santos, Peat, Alfalva etc.....We need speed. After UCLA, I thought we would make more "permanent" changes, but I was wrong. Allow the athletes to make plays and yes mistakes. IMO, an athlete making a mistake can recover and turn a negative into a positive. A less athletic person turns that mistake into 6 points.

I would like to see a significantly more aggressive D. Put the CB's on an Island and let loose the dogs of war. Let them eat. Send them every series.

I would like to see permanent captains named. Rex, Martinez, Evans, Compton? Guys who by position and continued presence as permanent captains will feel more "ownership" to get in folks faces and demand more. A weekly leader probably feels less inclined to really be able to "rightfully" get into the faces of guys when he is only a captain for a day. Honorary if you will. Kind of if you are an "acting supervisor" at your current job are you really going to say to co-workers what is needed?

I would also like Bo to go into an offensive "shell" and try to limit Martinez's miscues. Our O is doing well in spite of ourselves. IIRC correctly, we leed the nation in fumbles and are very close in turn overs. We also have 3 walk-ons starting on the OL. Unheard of, but we are racking up points. I would love to see Beck try and not put so much pressure on Martinez to pass to get us out of or into trouble.

For me, this is a crossroads for Bo as many have stated. I hope that he chooses Progress or Pride and Winning over being Right. Even if we lose, IMO it will not be as bad if I see Bo trying something different. Any thing different to try and fix this floundering team.

I will still support Bo even in a loss with no changes, but it will be VERY HARD.

GO BIG RED

Have previously agreed with all of the above..........especially bringing pressure just about every down. (exhibit A = first quarter vs TOSU). The beauty of pressure is it's effectiveness, even when a sack/fumble/interception/hurry doesn't occur.

(getting out of rhythm, dictating tempo, second guessing, and forcing play changes all fit into opportunities to create chaos). You live with the results if they beat you on a play, but if you're playing athletes, not crossword puzzle champions, they can often overcome mistakes.

Also, embrace the Blackshirt tradition instead of playing games with it.

Lo,

I wish that it was more complex than "just win" but that's really all it amounts to.

And since we all know that going undefeated every year is impossible that means we will have losses. However, when the team does lose, they can't lose by 20+ points, go -3 in turnovers, give up a punt return for a TD, and look incompetent.

I'm still in Bo's corner and believe he's the guy we need. But another weak performance against Northwestern, or any other team this season, will start me to rethink my support.

Plus 1. You've basically reiterated everything I've been saying for quite some time. The scheme, the lack of aggressiveness, and limiting Taylor's passing are things I've "bitched" about for 2 and a half years now. Keep in mind please, that Bo has never lost my support. I hope we don't make the mistake of firing him right now. If things continue the way they are right now though, there's no question that letting him go could be justified.

His entire approach to coaching defense should be under review. The scheme in my opinion has never been as great as many many so called experts seem to think it is. I've said this many times before. Bo would be foolish to think he shouldn't at least look in the mirror and consider that "HE" may be part of the problem. The lack of aggressiveness has always bothered me. This really falls into the scheme I guess. Especially the two gap system on the front four. I never have liked it and never will. This isn't patty cake. Get after them. I also don't understand why we never load the box on "running QB's" and make them beat us with their arm. You know, kind of the way multiple teams have "schemed" against Taylor Martinez and "WON". Doesn't seem like rocket science to me.

This defense has a lot of problems no two ways around it.

Offensively, it's very easy. Run the damn ball! I am all in favor of having a balanced attack, but when the run is working and the pass is skull fuxking you, STOP f'ing PASSING IT! A long, time consuming drive is a very rare thing around here. Not only is it great for the rhythm of the offense to have a nice long drive, but guess what? When your offense is on the field, that means the other teams offense is on the sideline! Crazy concept I know! But it would have been a game changing concept last weekend.

The comments after the Wisconsin game continued to show an "us against the world" mentality that Bo seems to live by. He also clearly as influenced the players into the same way of thinking. I have never appreciated that. Another point I can't argue with. It becomes very obvious at times that it seems like Bo and his team feels like the state of Nebraska is against them. So many of us back these guys one hundred percent. That doesn't change the fact that it hurts all of us to watch what happened last weekend. It's just tough to lose a game like that for everyone.

Time for an overhaul Bo. If he doesn't see it, then he will usher himself out the door. As much as I don't want to see that happen right now, I too am tired of watching games like last weekend. Or should I say, turning games off at the end of the third quarter. We have the talent here, I don't buy it for a second when someone says we don't. It's here. It needs to be coached. It needs to have continuity and consistency in their staff! These young coaches got to grow fast, and stick around a while. Don't grow up here and move on to another place. Nebraska is a destination, not a coaching school. Coaches complain about fans and Universities ushering them out the door prematurely. Well. coaches should also consider the many many times they've walked out the door prematurely for an upgrade in position. It goes both ways.