I hope this is just coach speak, interview with Bo.

I figured I would post the article and highlight some "On Wow" statements.

SAM MCKEWON: Pelini talks Huskers on radio show

Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini Wednesday night made his monthly “Nebraska Football Show” appearance on the Husker Sports Network to discuss NU’s 63-38 loss to Ohio State and preparations for the bye week and the second half of the season.

Pelini took roughly ten calls. Here are the highlights...

I still support Bo, but damn it is hard after reading that crap. Execute, the process, only way to shut them up is win. NO Bo, it is not to get shellacked, not to give up almost 700 yrds to UCLA, not lead the country in fumbles......

Bo just don't know. The process......they didn't do what I wanted........ WOW.

Edited by zoogies
Truncated parts of the article. Remember the guidelines for posting newspaper articles!

Ditto...nice summary.

I have no problem with his comments except this: This is what he said they working on all off season. It's all we heard last January. Most of these fixes should be fixed.

For anyone who hadn't noticed, KSU is now ranked 6th. They are doing more with less. NU staff is doing less with what should be more. There's no hiding it anymore.

Actually, he's right. Most Husker fans will not shutup until we're pretty much winning them all. Lose 'em close enough times, and the focus shifts from not getting blown out to not losing at all, etc. Same pattern that has been going on for decades in Husker football, and most likely all other big programs.

Bo is telling it like it is with that. If you don't like it, tough. But it's reality.

I know everybody gets tired of hearing Bo say the word "execution" all the time in post-game pressers, but he is 100% right. Execution is what it boils down to in all sports at all times. I don't see why people get so upset when Bo points this out.

People get so upset because he has been singing this tune since the 2008 Mizzou game, talking about executing and "the process". When exactly is it that we start executing? It's year 5 and were still in part of the process. Basically, we keep seeing the same product and keep getting the same answer. He's the head football coach and if his guys aren't executing, then that's on him.

A couple weeks ago in the Wisconsin game thread a poster said something that really just summed up my point of view on things: game planning for Nebraska has to be really easy. Just let us come out, wait for us to beat ourselves and then mop up the rest.

It's the same crap all the time. I know I posted this same stuff three years ago. It hasn't changed and won't. I like BO but to be honest I'm tired of his being such an ass to people all the time. An example: my wife and I were in the elevator with some other fans at the cornhusker hotel the day of the Wisconsin game. The elevator opens up on floor 3 and Bo is standing there looking at us. We all say hey BO, good luck etc....he stands there and stares at us without saying a word. Not a word. I'm beginning to believe other that his canned statements about execution and the us vs them mentality, he really doesn't know what to do. Hope I'm wrong.

It's the same crap all the time. I know I posted this same stuff three years ago. It hasn't changed and won't. I like BO but to be honest I'm tired of his being such an ass to people all the time. An example: my wife and I were in the elevator with some other fans at the cornhusker hotel the day of the Wisconsin game. The elevator opens up on floor 3 and Bo is standing there looking at us. We all say hey BO, good luck etc....he stands there and stares at us without saying a word. Not a word. I'm beginning to believe other that his canned statements about execution and the us vs them mentality, he really doesn't know what to do. Hope I'm wrong.

I remember talking to Bo the same day, and he was very friendly. You and your wife must not be friendly enough.

• Fire 2
I know everybody gets tired of hearing Bo say the word "execution" all the time in post-game pressers, but he is 100% right. Execution is what it boils down to in all sports at all times. I don't see why people get so upset when Bo points this out.

I'm not sure people are upset because he blames execution. I think they are more upset that execution is lacking so often. If I had a team that failed to execute my scheme almost constantly, I think I would either change the scheme to something they could execute or change the players. I'm guessing that neither of those options will yield much better results. Maybe that's why people are tired of hearing about execution.

OK, what's wrong with this? Bo went on a radio show prepared to say the right things, and he followed through on that.

“You can’t panic,” he said. “Unfortunately in sports, you’re going to have some highs and lows. You’re going to deal with adversity, both in a game, in a week, in a year. It’s how you respond to it.”

I would argue he panicked in the UCLA game and again vs Ohio State. But, this characterization may be incorrect. Still, at least he says the right things. It's exactly right. We have to be better at riding the highs and the lows. Although remember when we had a comeback victory against Wisconsin, and Bo used that 'high' to rub it in his critics' faces? Bo has to keep as even keel himself as he wants for the team!

A caller asked if “pundits” who claimed that NU’s defenders didn’t align right in the second half were accurate.

There's probably quite a lot to get into here that a HC is not willing, nor has the time for, to detail publicly. I guess I'd say I wouldn't agree with those pundits either, but I'm mostly relying on the ElevenWarriors.com OSU offense breakdown : NU aligned exactly right against those sets, but OSU schemed to beat the Huskers by drawing them into those alignments to begin with. It's not as farcical as NU's defense not lining up properly. It's the X's and O's battle that teams wage on each other with every play. OSU won it. We couldn't stop them by doing everything properly.

I've seen it argued, maybe we should have done things differently: gone after them, instead of lining up textbook proper and calling sound, structured defense. Well, maybe. Maybe not. Whatever it is we did, though, it lost disastrously to the OSU offense's plan of attack.

"[NU's defensive issues]...went well beyond the defensive line. We didn't execute very well. That falls back on me and the defensive coaches and trickles right down to the players. We’re all in this thing together. We didn’t get it done. We didn’t execute. There are no excuses. We weren’t tired or beat up. We didn’t get it done.”

..."You are accountable to yourself first, because only then can you be accountable to the rest of the team,” Pelini said.

+1, Bo. Exactly what needed to be said.