Biden

You guys are laughable on this one. Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times in a 90 minute debate. Now, if I remember correctly, Ryan talked 38 minutes. That means that Biden interrupted him every 27 seconds while he was talking. That doesn't even count totally looking like an azzhat sitting there laughing and smirking.

No . . . it's fine. I suppose it's easier for a certain type to deny defeat. Plus they can always retreat to the echo chamber rather than face reality.

In fact, that's exactly what I expect if Obama is re-elected. Obama didn't really win. Voter fraud. ACORN. Soros voting machines. Etc.

It's all rather sad from the outside looking in.

You guys are funny. Unless something crazy happens during a VP debate (and Joey B's smiling/laughing isn't that big of a deal) it remains nearly irrelevant in the presidential race.

Both guys got through it without any major wins/losses, so they both "won" the debate because that's all they are asked to do.

If you find yourself passionately trying to convince the folks on the other side of the isle that your guy won this debate, while theirs lost... you'd be more productive if you go outside and try to chop down a tree by banging your head against it.

You guys are laughable on this one. Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times in a 90 minute debate. Now, if I remember correctly, Ryan talked 38 minutes. That means that Biden interrupted him every 27 seconds while he was talking. That doesn't even count totally looking like an azzhat sitting there laughing and smirking.

No . . . it's fine. I suppose it's easier for a certain type to deny defeat. Plus they can always retreat to the echo chamber rather than face reality.

In fact, that's exactly what I expect if Obama is re-elected. Obama didn't really win. Voter fraud. ACORN. Soros voting machines. Etc.

LOL...I'm not the one coming on here as soon as you can claiming victory. I said it was a draw and it appears through polls that more people in this world agree with me. Maybe you should take off your donkey glasses and not be so biased. Only a biased person would believe one side, without question, won that debate last night.

Biden being a condescending asshat is a side note to all of this. Of course, people who aren't blindly convinced that the Dems are winning everything already knew that.

• Fire 1

Wow.......even Obama's own campaign is saying he got slaughtered last week. Even Obama himself said it wasn't a good night for him.

And there's a rather striking difference that I observe between the two groups. Obama loses a debate and everyone admits it. Ryan loses a debate and half the country says "NUH UHHH!!!"

Interesting.

What I find interesting is that anyone would claim that Biden won the debate. I will admit Biden did much better than I thought he would but, low expectations do not magically turn a mediocre performance into a victory. I don't think either one of them "won" anything last night. They each had a couple good moments and they each had their own style faults; Biden-rude, interrupting, and actually arguing with the moderator, Ryan-boring and rehearsed. Only someone desperate for a debate victory would imagine either of them "won". I guess that explains why Obama supporters are trying to claim Biden won. My favorite moment was when Biden claimed it had never worked before, Ryan gave him a clear example of Kennedy, and Biden's only retort while being proven wrong was "Oh, now you're Jack Kennedy?" I think Ryan nailed it on the head by quoting Obama's own words; when you can't run on your record, make everyone fear the other guy. That is the Obama campaign in a nutshell.

I said it was a draw and it appears through polls that more people in this world agree with me.

Actually . . . you said a bit more than that.

If you've forgotten:

Biden did not win that debate.

At best it was a draw.

^^^^Check it out. Your own words. "Biden did not win that debate."

It might have been a draw . . . but there's no way Biden won, right? It could be a 50-50 draw . . . but anyone who thinks that Biden won 51-49 is completely, totally wrong. :rollin

LOL...I'm not the one coming on here as soon as you can claiming victory. I said it was a draw and it appears through polls that more people in this world agree with me. Maybe you should take off your donkey glasses and not be so biased. Only a biased person would believe one side, without question, won that debate last night.

Biden being a condescending asshat is a side note to all of this. Of course, people who aren't blindly convinced that the Dems are winning everything already knew that.

And yet, you ignore your own hypocrisy. Biden did not do anything different than Romney did in the debate as far as interruptions and talking over the other person go. Yet, we sure as hell don't see you ranting and raving like a lunatic about Romney being disrespectful.

Maybe you should take the teabags out of your mouth and not be so biased. Only a biased person would believe one side, without question, won that debate last night, in spite of the provided linked data that suggests otherwise.

And yet, you ignore your own hypocrisy. Biden did not do anything different than Romney did in the debate as far as interruptions and talking over the other person go. Yet, we sure as hell don't see you ranting and raving like a lunatic about Romney being disrespectful.

Maybe you should take the teabags out of your mouth and not be so biased. Only a biased person would believe one side, without question, won that debate last night, in spite of the provided linked data that suggests otherwise.

Agreed..

Moderator was worlds better than Lehrer.

Biden won this one but not as convincingly as Romney won last week.

Well...

Well, if this is any indication, XBox Live ran live interactive polling during their broadcast of the VP Debates. Very interesting numbers tell a very positive story for Biden:

(Courtesy of Major Nelson)

Above is an example of the interactivity used during last night’s US Vice-Presidential debate that was carried on Xbox LIVE in the US. There were well-over 800,000 individual responses to poll questions, and the level of engagement among Xbox LIVE users was extremely high, with over 30,000 responses to each of the questions posed.

Here are some data points from last night’s polling data:

• Biden won the debate with Xbox Swing Voters: 44.1% of undecided voters declared Biden the winner with 22.9% choosing Ryan.
  • Biden was overwhelmingly viewed by our swing voters as being more truthful, garnering the favor of 72.2% of undecided respondents.
  • An overwhelming 70.1% of undecided voters do not consider a candidate’s religion when deciding for whom to vote.
  • 53.7% of undecided voters felt that Biden is better prepared to step in as president compared to 21% for Ryan

There's a further breakdown of the data, broken down based off of how people were leaning via earlier questions. In short, the only people that think Ryan did well are either Leaning or Strongly Supporting Romney; everyone else, including undecideds and people supporting other candidates (e.g. Libertarian Party) overwhelmingly thought Biden won.

And plenty of leading questions were asked through the debate to ascertain if someone was leaning/strongly supporting a candidate, was undecided, or voting for a 3rd party. Actually, it was very well done and professional--was quite impressed...

No that would not be any indication. LOL!

Maybe we should just have MTV do all the meaningful polls from now on in politics to get a feel for what the country thinks. :lol:

Only someone desperate for a debate victory would imagine either of them "won". I guess that explains why Obama supporters are trying to claim Biden won.

Why would/should the Obama supporters be desperate? :dunno

Romney supporters desperately needed a good debate last week and they got a very good debate. That doesn't mean that the opposite is true.

Well, if this is any indication, XBox Live ran live interactive polling during their broadcast of the VP Debates. Very interesting numbers tell a very positive story for Biden:

(Courtesy of Major Nelson)

Above is an example of the interactivity used during last night’s US Vice-Presidential debate that was carried on Xbox LIVE in the US. There were well-over 800,000 individual responses to poll questions, and the level of engagement among Xbox LIVE users was extremely high, with over 30,000 responses to each of the questions posed.

Here are some data points from last night’s polling data:

• Biden won the debate with Xbox Swing Voters: 44.1% of undecided voters declared Biden the winner with 22.9% choosing Ryan.
  • Biden was overwhelmingly viewed by our swing voters as being more truthful, garnering the favor of 72.2% of undecided respondents.
  • An overwhelming 70.1% of undecided voters do not consider a candidate’s religion when deciding for whom to vote.
  • 53.7% of undecided voters felt that Biden is better prepared to step in as president compared to 21% for Ryan

There's a further breakdown of the data, broken down based off of how people were leaning via earlier questions. In short, the only people that think Ryan did well are either Leaning or Strongly Supporting Romney; everyone else, including undecideds and people supporting other candidates (e.g. Libertarian Party) overwhelmingly thought Biden won.

And plenty of leading questions were asked through the debate to ascertain if someone was leaning/strongly supporting a candidate, was undecided, or voting for a 3rd party. Actually, it was very well done and professional--was quite impressed...

No that would not be any indication. LOL!

Maybe we should just have MTV do all the meaningful polls from now on in politics to get a feel for what the country thinks. :lol:

Awww. do I detect someone butthurt because the polling doesn't reflect their perceived reality? Or are you to the point in your life where anything not originating from your generation is instantly garbage?

bawwww.jpg

Oh wait, I get it--you're one of the people that things video gaming is just for kids, even though the median age of gamers is 30, women make up 47% of the gaming populous, and gamers' median income is a hair under six figures.

But hey--the current Republican regime is known for making wholly inaccurate and derogatory stereotypes for their supporters to mock, so why should this be any different?

Only someone desperate for a debate victory would imagine either of them "won". I guess that explains why Obama supporters are trying to claim Biden won.

Why would/should the Obama supporters be desperate? :dunno

Romney supporters desperately needed a good debate last week and they got a very good debate. That doesn't mean that the opposite is true.

It's just like football, when the big Mo turns against you, I would guess that they would be desperate to turn it back in their favor. The desperation is exhibited by so many on the left claiming victory in this most recent debate when it was clearly a near draw or basically a non-event. VP debates are historically insignificant as far as campaigns go. If they're not desperate, that is fine with me but, I think they should be. The polls since the Romney/Obama debate would indicate I am correct in sensing that they should be anxious to turn the tide.

The desperation is exhibited by so many on the left claiming victory in this most recent debate when it was clearly a near draw or basically a non-event.

Where are you seeing desperation? Or are you arguing that claiming victory = desperation?

You seem to think it was a "near draw." That's fine. I think Biden won but not as convincingly as Romney's win last week. Why do you think that your assessment is rational and clear while my assessment shows desperation?

VP debates are historically insignificant as far as campaigns go.

Agreed. Historically speaking, so are presidential debates.

If they're not desperate, that is fine with me but, I think they should be. The polls since the Romney/Obama debate would indicate I am correct in sensing that they should be anxious to turn the tide.

Well, I guess you'll have to keep hoping that the other side feels desperate. Romney should be a bit concerned about the swing states. Last weeks debate was probably the high point of his presidential campaign. (Excepting victory on election night of course.) He probably won't have such a convincing and universally acknowledged victory in the next two debates and the election is only a few weeks away. If he can't get over the hump in Ohio and others with that performance . . . what will it take?