Why I support Romney

So, post after post of people claiming that the only reason people are voting for Romney is because of voting against Obama and that's OK? I express why I'm voting for Romney and it is met with how "amateurish" it is?

worship for this "savior" Yes, that is how people acted when he was running and won last time. Sorry if that offends you.

Obama is the most awesome political figure and leader in the history of the world. What exactly did he do to earn that peace prize again?

he was a community organizer That is what he was before he ran for office. Are you saying he wasn't? Then that goes against what he claimed in the last election.

all I ever hear from the Dems is that the federal government is the answer to everything and how we are going to pay for it is to tax those evil rich people and those evil corporations Sorry if you don't know what the liberal platform is. This attitude is a constant theme.

A community organizer that believes the federal government should fix all your problems and has basically worked all his life to get elected I think that one is pretty self explanatory if you just listen to him and their platform.

he has proven his incompetence since he has been in office I'll stick by this one. It's obviously an opinion and I have a right to that opinion.

These can be your reasons. That's perfectly OK. It's also perfectly OK for me to point out that these reasons are not factual, they're caricatures, and amateurish caricatures at that.

Romney will sweep Nebraska...I can promise you that

Maybe . . . but Obama wasn't swept in Nebraska in 2008.

2008_Electoral_Results.jpg

Interestingly enough, I saw a "possibility" scenario shown as a wild option by Joe Trippi that found an opportunity (if various swing states go in varying directions) that could result in a 269-269 exact tie.

In that extremely unlikely eventuality, the single vote(s) available in Maine and Nebraska could conceivably swing the election.

If they would split...............the election goes to the House.

Then, those already promising riots will be encouraged immeasurably........nightmare scenario for the country........

Interestingly enough, I saw a "possibility" scenario shown as a wild option by Joe Trippi that found an opportunity (if various swing states go in varying directions) that could result in a 269-269 exact tie.

Silver puts the odds of an electoral tie at about 1.3%.

Pretty unlikely . . . although maybe we could finally get enough support to do away with the electoral college.

Don't be so sure, carlfense:

I'm not sure at all and I didn't mean for it to come off that way.

FWIW (not much, probably) I know an attorney who is heavily involved in the Nebraska DNC who predicts that Obama will still take Omaha's electoral vote. My guess is that he's too close to the situation to have an accurate picture.

I would love to see that happen. I hate gerrymandering. It's a crime against democracy.

I completely agree.

Now, if that isn't their [the Democrats] message, then they really suck at marketing.

We can certainly agree on that! The GOP is orders of magnitude better at simplistic easily repeatable sound bites. Maybe it's because GOP voters are far more likely to repeat them? (job creators, class warfare, war on Christmas, apology tour, etc.)

Who needs facts when you've got a Luntz-ian slogan handed to you?

Are you saying Democrats don't use easily repeated slogans?

"Hope and Change"....awe how we forget.

Awwwww . . . how easily you forget my stance on "Hope and Change."

Please. Go find an instance of me using that phrase in support of Obama.

I would guess that I could find an instance of you using one of the following: "job creators," "class warfare," "apology tour."

That is the difference.

So we should follow "shock and awe" instead? That's how we got into trouble in the first place with our deficit. Do we follow Romney into Iran then?

Now, if that isn't their [the Democrats] message, then they really suck at marketing.

We can certainly agree on that! The GOP is orders of magnitude better at simplistic easily repeatable sound bites. Maybe it's because GOP voters are far more likely to repeat them? (job creators, class warfare, war on Christmas, apology tour, etc.)

Actually, it is the liberals that are orders of magnitude better at easily repeatable slogans and sound bites.

Bush Lied, People Died!

Our Bodies, Our Selves!

No Blood for Oil.

No Justice, No Peace.

Save the Whales.

Love your mother (earth).

Ban the Bomb.

Make Love, Not War.

Friends don't let friends vote republican.

Diversity is our strength.

Save the Planet.

Pro-Choice, Pro-Child.

Support our troops, bring them home.

Co-Exist!

Hey, Hey, LBJ, How many kids did you kill today?

Dissent is patriotic.

War is not the answer.

Go Green!

Healthcare is a right, not a privelege.

Imagine Peace!

Celebrate Diversity!

Beat the Bushes for peace.

No Nukes!

Cuts for the rich.

One, Two, Three, Four, We don't want your f--king war!

Bush = Hitler

Hell No, We Won't go!

Off the pig.

Eat the rich.

Die Yuppie Scum.

Peace Now.

We are the ones we've been waiting for.

Solidarity forever.

Bring America Home.

You can't hug a child with nuclear arms.

Meat is murder.

Books not bombs.

Fight the power.

Yes we can.

Just to list a few.....

Are you saying Democrats don't use easily repeated slogans?

"Hope and Change"....awe how we forget.

Awwwww . . . how easily you forget my stance on "Hope and Change."

Please. Go find an instance of me using that phrase in support of Obama.

I would guess that I could find an instance of you using one of the following: "job creators," "class warfare," "apology tour."

That is the difference.

Where did I say my comment was aimed at you? My comment was based around the accusation that Republicans only use short catch phrases and that is the only thing they have to go on. The Republicans aren't the only ones that use catch phrases and they are effective for both sides.

Actually, it is the liberals that are orders of magnitude better at easily repeatable slogans and sound bites.

Bush Lied, People Died!

Our Bodies, Our Selves!

No Blood for Oil.

No Justice, No Peace.

Save the Whales.

Love your mother (earth).

Ban the Bomb.

Make Love, Not War.

Friends don't let friends vote republican.

Diversity is our strength.

Save the Planet.

Pro-Choice, Pro-Child.

Support our troops, bring them home.

Co-Exist!

Hey, Hey, LBJ, How many kids did you kill today?

Dissent is patriotic.

War is not the answer.

Go Green!

Healthcare is a right, not a privelege.

Imagine Peace!

Celebrate Diversity!

Beat the Bushes for peace.

No Nukes!

Cuts for the rich.

One, Two, Three, Four, We don't want your f--king war!

Bush = Hitler

Hell No, We Won't go!

Off the pig.

Eat the rich.

Die Yuppie Scum.

Peace Now.

We are the ones we've been waiting for.

Solidarity forever.

Bring America Home.

You can't hug a child with nuclear arms.

Meat is murder.

Books not bombs.

Fight the power.

Yes we can.

Just to list a few.....

You forgot "suum cuique" and "A chicken in every pot!"

I think more of the issue is that Romney has closed some of the gap and your starting to feel defensive and grasping at straws.

I'll admit to being very concerned that Mitt has closed the gap. I'm very afraid that Right-Wing America will get the candidate they vote for. But I'm not defensive in the least - that's a projection, I guess.

Further, there's a very clear difference between the Democratic Primaries circa 2007/08 and the most recent Republican Primaries. It was more than clear this time around that Mitt was the last girl at the dance. Obama took control over the Democratic Primary quite early in the process and never let go of the lead. This time around, the Republicans waffled between six or seven different front-runners before finally being forced to acquiesce to Romney as the least nutty of the bunch.

I do have an issue with people firmly supporting Romney under those circumstances. As recently as eight months ago it wasn't clear that he was the guy getting the nomination, and today he's THE ANSWER. No, he isn't. Not only is he not THE ANSWER, he never was. There's a strong sense of hypocrisy in today's staunch support of Mitt Romney.

Do you need me to pull up some Republican Mouthpiece soundbites from the past year showing the outright disdain for Mitt, or can we just accept that as a given and agree that he is what he is - the least unpalatable of many tremendously unpalatable choices.

and now you care what republicans say? Don't be confused, you are voting not for a man but for a system. If you think government spending and regulations will fix us- vote Obama. If you think the feds should pull back and let the states workout their problems- vote Romney. Your distain for republicans that voted for other candidates in the primary election and now support Romney is inane.

Don't be so sure, carlfense:

I'm not sure at all and I didn't mean for it to come off that way.

FWIW (not much, probably) I know an attorney who is heavily involved in the Nebraska DNC who predicts that Obama will still take Omaha's electoral vote. My guess is that he's too close to the situation to have an accurate picture.

I would love to see that happen. I hate gerrymandering. It's a crime against democracy.

Blame Governor Gerry who signed a bill in 1812 that redistricted Massachusetts into a district that resembled a salamander to benefit his (ready for this).... Democratic-Republican party....................a pox on BOTH houses.........

Why does no one want to talk foreign policy about who is better for president? In my opinion, our foreign policy is going to be the deciding factor for the US staying strong. I personally won't vote for Romney because his foreign policy will make the U.S look like idiots.

• Fire 2