Bo Pelini/Antonio Bell Exchange

Let me ask you all this. Do you think Bo's demeanor is HELPING in any way? Am I the only one that sees a correlation between Bo's behavior towards players and the absurd amount of mistakes we make? Do you guys honestly believe that him chewing out players after they come off the field is HELPING with this?

What do you expect him to do? High-five? Offer them a latte'? Back massage?

Let me ask you all this. Do you think Bo's demeanor is HELPING in any way? Am I the only one that sees a correlation between Bo's behavior towards players and the absurd amount of mistakes we make? Do you guys honestly believe that him chewing out players after they come off the field is HELPING with this?

What do you expect him to do? High-five? Offer them a latte'? Back massage?

Perhaps some 'coaching' would be in order? There are ways to help people get better other than screaming in their face.

When Northwestern was about to go up 28-16 in the fourth quarter, when this exchange happened - I do think Bo was very close to losing the team. I don't think it has anything to do with yelling at players or anything though, I think it had more to do with the "Win out" comment. He laid it all on the line with that comment, and even as fans, you felt the season slipping away when we went down 28-16. I think some of the players started to lose composure and panicking, and thank goodness the veterans on offense (Martinez, Enunwa) maintained composure and saved the day.

The list of successful coaches that have done this is miles long.

After watching the 3 big ten games we have talent we just make the other team look great not good but great. The turnovers and peantlies kill us. The 2 line calls for lining up on the line are never called and we are called twice in the same game. NU are they getting the short end of the stick on the calls? I don't know

fwiw...........Bo said on postgame that the refs had warned our tackles multiple times about lining up too far off.........................and they STILL did it................that's not on the refs, or on Bo, or even Barney............that's on the kid.

You're not the only one. I posted that thought a couple weeks ago...the response was, mostly, pictures of ponies...i have no idea what that means....

Seems the team's meltdown's coincide with Bo's.... You know when he yells, he spits on the players...what is more disrespectful than that?

Where have you been? Thanks for stopping by. Now, let me ask YOU something. Would it be logical to expect you to completely change your personality in a 180 direction for any reason whatsoever and not revert back at any point in time? Didnt think so.

You're not the only one. I posted that thought a couple weeks ago...the response was, mostly, pictures of ponies...i have no idea what that means....

Seems the team's meltdown's coincide with Bo's.... You know when he yells, he spits on the players...what is more disrespectful than that?

You dont even get ponies for that. Just this. :facepalm:

• Fire 1

The list of successful coaches that have done this is miles long.

No way, Brian Kelly invented yelling at players in 2011.

To me, it's not that he's yelling - all coaches do that. It's the way he goes about it, his the body language, the look in his eye. Something is wrong here.

I think most people would agree that there is something wrong in this locker room. If the leader can't hold it together, why do you expect the team to?

Blah, Blah, Blah.

To me, it's not that he's yelling - all coaches do that. It's the way he goes about it, his the body language, the look in his eye. Something is wrong here.

I think most people would agree that there is something wrong in this locker room. If the leader can't hold it together, why do you expect the team to?

I think there is something wrong in your head. 8 minutes left, down by 12, easy opportunity to stick to the coach they hate so much and have no respect for, but no, they forge back for a great win and get contribution from all phases in the final 8 minutes to do so. Enunwa plays hurts and makes huge play after huge play. Yep, lots wrong in that locker room. Did you even watch or listen to the game? :wtf