What Did We Learn???

Well Bo addressed in the presser that they were warned about our tackles being off the line on pass pro. But it's all about interpretation there and when you wanna call it, like holding. It's not something that can be defined throughouly, so to call it at a moment like that I have to agree with you is bullsh#t.

I find it ironic that our pass pro sucked donkey balls all game, up until the point when we started having a pulse on offense and then driving on NW.

And THEN they start calling us for having OT's off the line? That is some Dan Beebe/2009 B12 Championship Game BS right there.

On an unrelated note, what the hell was the sideline warning on us called for, and why did the penalize us 5 yards on a WARNING? That ref sounded drunk on the call.

I'm just now realizing how much I hate the refs we had today.

I learned that we were superior athletically in every area against NW today. Now if only they'd come out to play all 3 phases of the game for 4 complete quarters, we have potential to be one hell of a team.

Yeah. I've repeated this numerous times tonight. Being down 12 mid-4th was embarrassing. Game shouldve been over at half with our D's first half performance. Just another strange one in the Big10

Already knew, but reinforced:

- This team suffers from chronic penalties and turnovers

- Bo Pelini's sideline demeanor makes him look rediculous

Learned:

- Not to give up on the old 'skers so quickly

- Taylor Martinez (who occasionally likes to prove me wrong on this) is a pretty good CFB player, and has improved immensely since arriving at Nebraska

- Some fans act as if beating Northwestern = Winning the Rose Bowl

Learned:

- Taylor Martinez (who occasionally likes to prove me wrong on this) is a pretty good CFB player, and has improved immensely since arriving at Nebraska

This win felt like the Rose Bowl, man.

Don't tell me you weren't on the edge of your probably-styling seat.

I think we made some good good steps towards fixing the mobile QB issue on defense. We pretty much made Colter look useless.

Taylor is capable of so much, and is keeping this team moving forward. He and Jean-Baptiste were the players of the game, for my money.

And we played Santos! And he did really well. Cooper was in the game as well. Bo seems willing (finally) to try new personnel, and it paid off. That's encouraging.

1. Speical teams continue to be an abomination

2. 3rd & 1 means here comes a playaction pass (aka, Beck needs to pull his head out of his ass)

3. That the "Go Big Red" chant was heard clearly in Evanston

4. Our defense may get Blackshirts this week

5. T-Mart stepped up big in the 4th qtr.. maybe a sign of things to come

I the defense plays really well next week in a victory over MI and shoelace, I may think that blackshirts can be handed out. They still haven't put together a full 4 quarters of excellent D. T-Mart keeps improving and our offense is really good.(not great, good) Need to limit turnovers or we are in trouble....

Learned:

This win felt like the Rose Bowl, man.

Don't tell me you weren't on the edge of your probably-styling seat.

Oh, totally. It was a rollercoaster of a game- and a great win for sure. I just think that it's important to keep things in perspective.

The bottom line is that a win is a win, and at this point and in this year with this team you have to accept the wins no matter how they come.

It doesn't mean we accept mediocrity, it just means that a W is a hell of a lot better than a L. Everyone who watched the game knows that the team has a lot of things to work on. But we've now faced two deficits in the second half this year of more than 10 points and we've come back and won them. There's a lot of resiliency in this team, especially on offense.

Learned:

?????

I very seriously doubt that there's even "one" fan who thinks we just beat a great team. Not one. But what is your problem with being happy with winning a tough game on the road? Are we supposed to sob, whine & bitch because we didn't blow them out?

NW at 6 - 1 wasn't a bad team. We played at their house, fumbled two punt returns and yet almost doubled their total yards. We get a close win. What's wrong with that?

• That PJ Smith is the man.
  • That the Blackshirts are coming together as a team.
  • That T-Mart is a field general on offense.
  • That turnovers kill. We should have had three or four more TDs against NW. But didn't due to turnovers and penalties.
  • That I apparently don't know the rules of clock stoppage. I thought the clock stopped when a guy runs out of bounds. I thought the clock stopped while the chains are being moved on a first down. Apparently not.
  • That NW fans are a class act. Even though it was a heatbreaking loss for them, several NW fans offered their congratulations for the win as they walked past me on the way out of the stadium.

• Fire 1

We learned that even with a top ten offense, people will still bitch about play calling.

Which I am completely guilty of, but play action on 3rd and short is kinda dumb...

3rd and short is arguably the best situation to run a play action pass since that's when defenses usually sell out to stop the run.

It's only a "bad play call" when the players don't execute it. Which, in reality, has nothing to do with play calling.

I had confirmed what we all know in general --- the Huskers fan base is amazing. I actually felt bad for the Northwestern players... imagine what it is like to be at a home game, play your heart out and look up and 60% of the fans are wearing the opponents colors. Then, you miss the game winning field goal.. at home... and the stadium erupts in joy --- because you lost. Wow. How disheartening for them..

What an incredible testimony of just how many Husker fans are out there willing to support their team. Does any team have such a great fan base as the Huskers?