What Did We Learn???

I learned.....

Bye weeks apparently do not help

Neb prefers to love having a - turnover margin

Beck forgets he has Cross and Marrow for 3rd and Short

Jamal Turner still does not get the ball enough

Talor runs like a girl until he sees an opening

And my biggest gripe is special teams, the fumbles suck of course, but this unit needs some serious work...

Other than that very happy they pulled it off, if anything this brings some momentum back home, still think this team is pretty awesome IF they can put it together for 4 qtrs.

I learned.....

And my biggest gripe is special teams, the fumbles suck of course, but this unit needs some serious work...

Other than that very happy they pulled it off, if anything this brings some momentum back home, still think this team is pretty awesome IF they can put it together for 4 qtrs.

This is starting to really aggrevate me. Why in the hell are we trying to slam a 185lb Abdullah into the line on 3rd and 2, and then a while later have Cross next to Martinez in the shotgun? I dont get it.

I learned.....

This is starting to really aggrevate me. Why in the hell are we trying to slam a 185lb Abdullah into the line on 3rd and 2, and then a while later have Cross next to Martinez in the shotgun? I dont get it.

Or why we're hardly even using Tmart for the zone-read or misdirection plays? I don't get that either.

I learned.....

I still prefer that to that stupid zone read PA play where Taylor rolls out and a TE rolls out to the flat. NEVER WORKS.

We learned what we knew last week. We're a pretty average team with above-average skill position players and subpar coaches. Our players despite all their effort to lose the game still won, barely. Of course this is Northwestern we're talking about. It's not a good football team. You always smile when you win, but no matter how hard you work that sunshine pump, what we saw yesterday was almost as troubling as a loss.

That was the product with a bi-week. Incredible. Bo Pelini is always preaching consistency, and he's found it. His teams consistently make mistakes, unforced errors, penalties. They drop the ball, muff the punts, and blow big plays for no other reason that simple lack of discipline. They do it every week. Like clockwork.

The only relevant question on this board is what reason or set of reasons can you point to that makes you feel this is going to change? What is going to improve our situation? I'm at a loss. Oh, and here comes Michigan.

We learned what we knew last week. We're a pretty average team with above-average skill position players and subpar coaches. Our players despite all their effort to lose the game still won, barely. Of course this is Northwestern we're talking about. It's not a good football team. You always smile when you win, but no matter how hard you work that sunshine pump, what we saw yesterday was almost as troubling as a loss.

That was the product with a bi-week. Incredible. Bo Pelini is always preaching consistency, and he's found it. His teams consistently make mistakes, unforced errors, penalties. They drop the ball, muff the punts, and blow big plays for no other reason that simple lack of discipline. They do it every week. Like clockwork.

The only relevant question on this board is what reason or set of reasons can you point to that makes you feel this is going to change? What is going to improve our situation? I'm at a loss. Oh, and here comes Michigan.

What reason or set of reasons could possibly point to the end of these miscues?

I had confirmed what we all know in general --- the Huskers fan base is amazing. I actually felt bad for the Northwestern players... imagine what it is like to be at a home game, play your heart out and look up and 60% of the fans are wearing the opponents colors. Then, you miss the game winning field goal.. at home... and the stadium erupts in joy --- because you lost. Wow. How disheartening for them..

What an incredible testimony of just how many Husker fans are out there willing to support their team. Does any team have such a great fan base as the Huskers?

Also this was their family weekend game.

Giving Taylor 18 carries or whatever it was is a misuse of 18 plays. He is our least effective offensive weapon on his feet and would like to see the ball distributed to others more. If this was 2 years ago before the coaches made him more cautious with the ball I would be fine with it. He is simply not an effective runner on his feet when compared to Burkhead, Ameer, Bell, Heard, Cross, Enunwa, Marlow, and Turner.

Giving Taylor 18 carries or whatever it was is a misuse of 18 plays. He is our least effective offensive weapon on his feet and would like to see the ball distributed to others more. If this was 2 years ago before the coaches made him more cautious with the ball I would be fine with it. He is simply not an effective runner on his feet when compared to Burkhead, Ameer, Bell, Heard, Cross, Enunwa, Marlow, and Turner.

He is, without question, more effective on his feet than Turner. At least Martinez seems to know which direction the endzone is. Turner will just run from east to west to east and then trip over his own feet, virtually every time he gets the ball.

Also, isn't Martinez, like, our second leading rusher? I'd say he does alright with what he has.

Already knew, but reinforced:

- This team suffers from chronic penalties and turnovers

- Bo Pelini's sideline demeanor makes him look rediculous

Learned:

- Not to give up on the old 'skers so quickly

- Taylor Martinez (who occasionally likes to prove me wrong on this) is a pretty good CFB player, and has improved immensely since arriving at Nebraska

- Some fans act as if beating Northwestern = Winning the Rose Bowl

?????

I very seriously doubt that there's even "one" fan who thinks we just beat a great team. Not one. But what is your problem with being happy with winning a tough game on the road? Are we supposed to sob, whine & bitch because we didn't blow them out?

NW at 6 - 1 wasn't a bad team. We played at their house, fumbled two punt returns and yet almost doubled their total yards. We get a close win. What's wrong with that?

Calm down there, bro. I'm just saying that some people are treating this win as if Nebraska just knocked off Alabama instead of a middle-of-the-road Big Ten team (which, I'm pretty sure equates to being a BAD team in the grand scheme of things). The toughest part of the schedule is ahead for both Northwestern and Nebraska, and I'm expecting two or three losses each in the near future.

NW, at 6-1, beat up a lot of cupcakes to get to 6 wins, with arguably the easiest schedule in the conference.

Husker fans travel well and can fill a stadium ON THE ROAD!! Half the stadium was husker fans.

Martinez can step up.

Steinkhuler needs to be benched

We average 30 points a game this year

Defense will have busts every game

We did enough to win!

I was wondering if I could get an explanation to why you think this. He did pretty damn good really.