Nebraska celebrates after 2012 Northwestern win

Nebraska took a baby step into a big win on Saturday. They could have folded, said its too tough, and given up. However, they rallied behind Pelini, and had eachother's backs as a team, and played their hearts out and won.

If a 1 point win isn't good enough for some, then they just don't get it in my own opinion. This could be the turning point for the rest of the season. The Nebraska team is kind of back in it's roots. Grind it out for 4 Quarters, smashmouth football. The post game reaction was well deserved because they played their hearts out.

• Fire 1

The stadium was ROCKING during those last two Husker drives and Blackshirt defensive stands. Most of the Nebraska fans were pumped up after the great comeback win, and stayed in the stands until the players left the field. After the game quite a few of the players took a victory lap past the south endzone which was filled with cheering Husker fans. A good time was had by all. Well, except for the fans wearing purple. :lol:

Nebraska took a baby step into a big win on Saturday. They could have folded, said its too tough, and given up. However, they rallied behind Pelini, and had eachother's backs as a team, and played their hearts out and won.

If a 1 point win isn't good enough for some, then they just don't get it in my own opinion. This could be the turning point for the rest of the season. The Nebraska team is kind of back in it's roots. Grind it out for 4 Quarters, smashmouth football. The post game reaction was well deserved because they played their hearts out.

We are trending too much toward a finesse-style offense to be considered a smashmouth team, but I agree with everything else you said.

The stadium was ROCKING during those last two Husker drives and Blackshirt defensive stands. Most of the Nebraska fans were pumped up after the great comeback win, and stayed in the stands until the players left the field. After the game quite a few of the players took a victory lap past the south endzone which was filled with cheering Husker fans. A good time was had by all. Well, except for the fans wearing purple. :lol:

It was a good time and I think the players really appreciated the support. When we were down 28-16 I thought we could win 30-28. The defense got the stops to give the offense a chance to win. Too bad the defense didn't come out after the game so we could show our appreciation. Kenny Bell is such an attention wh0re and was soaking up the cheers instead. :lol:

It was a good time and I think the players really appreciated the support. When we were down 28-16 I thought we could win 30-28. The defense got the stops to give the offense a chance to win. Too bad the defense didn't come out after the game so we could show our appreciation. Kenny Bell is such an attention wh0re and was soaking up the cheers instead. :lol:

Yeah, with the parking pass I got with my tickets my truck was parked between the lockerroom door and the player buses (which took them to the airport I guess). So I hung around after the game watching the players come filing out, making their way to the team buses. There were still a bunch of Husker fans there, and we'd yell "Great game! Awesome comeback!" And almost everyone of the players would thank us for coming to the game. You could really tell they appreciated having a home field crowd on the road.

Nebraska%20Northwestern%20Football.JPEG-039d2.jpg

Washington Post article:

The Cornhuskers can thank Martinez for that. He led them to two touchdowns in the fourth quarter and completed 27 of 39 passes in the game, helping Nebraska rack up 543 yards of total offense.

Quincy Enunwa added 110 yards receiving, while Kenny Bell caught six passes for 77 yards and a touchdown. Ameer Abdullah ran for 101 yards on a day when Rex Burkhead left with an unspecified injury after a short run early on.

Venric Mark led Northwestern (6-2, 2-2) with 118 yards rushing, including an 80-yard touchdown that made it an 11-point game early in the third. Trevor Siemian threw for two touchdowns but was just 15 of 35 for 116 yards as the Wildcats lost for the second time in three games.LINK

Nice little article in the Washington Post on the Northwestern game. You don't see much Husker coverage in the Washington Post.

/Not sure if this belongs in this thread--but it didn't warrant its own thread.

I got goose bumps watching that. Like Cotton getting the crowd pumped. The kids read the blogs....they read the papers....they are under a lot of pressure. A win is a win! I ran through a lot of vodka this game...but hey, we got the W. Now on to Michigan. Make the bad man stop (robinson)!!!

Kenny Bell is awesome! I went to the UCLA game and when the team arrived, he was slapping hands with all the little kids who were standing by to watch the team arrive. Every one of those kids was excited! Glad to see players that interact with the fans. We do need to remember these players are still just 17, 18, 19 year olds! But dang, I tried to get Rex to sign my #22 jersey, but he had his headphones on and I doubt they're allowed to stop and do that. Oh well........

It was good to see Rex jogging around. Also, it was great for the fans who traveled to ChiTown that we ended up pulling out the win.

I actually thought the opposite. I felt bad to see Rex jogging straight line like that. The way he was jogging straight ahead just kind of looked like the jog of a RB who had re-injured his knee for the second time this year. Like if he would tried to cut on it, he would've crumpled to the ground in pain.

I feel so bad for him. Dude's a warrior to keep going back out there. I'd probably cream in my pants if we got him back on a medical for next year.

Loved the rest of the video though! The Bo chant was just awesome.

I think we may have seen the last of bo going after the fans. His statement at one of his press conferences that was posted on here really shows that he really appreciates the fans...but we also have to support him.

He gets millions of dollars.

And?

He has support. We're not talking about volunteer little league coaches.