ESPN's Week 8 Bowl Projections.

The bowl selections have it such that Wisconsin and Michigan get the two top games and NU gets the third best game. That is, they essentially rank NU behind (ostensibly) Ohio State (who is not bowl eligible) and Wisconsin and Michigan. Thus, this equates to NU being 4th in the conference based upon these suggestions (or, theoretically 5th if Penn State, also not bowl eligible, is as well above the Huskers). That sounds like the lower limit of where NU can end up... and maybe a bit pessimistic. But there is an artificiality in this in that Wisconsin is almost a certain player in the conference championship game even though they may be the third best team in that division.

Anyway... these bowl predictions are indeed reasonable... if not a bit harsh on where they place the Sker's. This means those predicting see Michigan this week over NU and, I guess NU over Michigan State later.

I should mention that as a Husker fan, I would rather the Huskers not play an SEC team in the bowl. Mississippi State or Georgia would be a rough, rough opponent for the Huskers. All those teams are so disciplined and well coached. And physical. I think more than the Huskers could readily handle.

The bowl selections have it such that Wisconsin and Michigan get the two top games and NU gets the third best game. That is, they essentially rank NU behind (ostensibly) Ohio State (who is not bowl eligible) and Wisconsin and Michigan. Thus, this equates to NU being 4th in the conference based upon these suggestions (or, theoretically 5th if Penn State, also not bowl eligible, is as well above the Huskers). That sounds like the lower limit of where NU can end up... and maybe a bit pessimistic. But there is an artificiality in this in that Wisconsin is almost a certain player in the conference championship game even though they may be the third best team in that division.

Anyway... these bowl predictions are indeed reasonable... if not a bit harsh on where they place the Sker's. This means those predicting see Michigan this week over NU and, I guess NU over Michigan State later.

I think it also has to do with us not going to the Capital One Bowl two years in a row.

Interesting on where they have us, and couldn't disagree more, but then again, these have changed weekly. I can't remember how many weeks I saw Michigan State in there, and me not even being an analyst, knew Michigan State had no shot from the beginning. I knew it would be a race against Michigan to get there. Two more roadblocks for Nebraska, Michigan and Penn State.

I should mention that as a Husker fan, I would rather the Huskers not play an SEC team in the bowl. Mississippi State or Georgia would be a rough, rough opponent for the Huskers. All those teams are so disciplined and well coached. And physical. I think more than the Huskers could readily handle.

Georgia is not well coached. How many brainfart games a year does one have to see from Georgia to see this? It is amazing Richt even still has a job. I don't argue with any other parts of your post.

Interesting on where they have us, and couldn't disagree more, but then again, these have changed weekly. I can't remember how many weeks I saw Michigan State in there, and me not even being an analyst, knew Michigan State had no shot from the beginning. I knew it would be a race against Michigan to get there. Two more roadblocks for Nebraska, Michigan and Penn State.

Something tells me to not count out Minnesota, either. They may be playing for bowl eligibility when they come to Lincoln, and Kill's got that team on an upward (though unsteady) trajectory.

Anyone else see the irony of a Buckeye fan posting bowl projections?

:thumbs Couldnt help but give you a hard time.

I love it. We can go 12-0,11-1 or 10-2 and not worry about playing and getting embarrassed in the Rose Bowl Game. We'll let ann arbor university do that :P

AND get a top 5 ranking NEXT year