No homer, but still

tmfr15

Don't ever accuse Lee Barfknecht of being against NU.

The man is picking the Huskers over Mighigan.

Nebraska, Lee says, has a much better offense.

After all those turnovers? And after the way the defense played against Miller?

I don't see his line of thinking at all and I am about as Husker biased as you can possibly get.

Last year I bet on the Huskers to beat Michigan and Ohio State because I felt we were a bit more well rounded offensively and that Taylor was just a bit better in the throwing game. Miller ate us alive and the Ohio State team would have likely held on for the win last year had it not been for injury. Dennard and Michigan beat us down.

Miller has already run rough shot over us. And Taylor threw picks against Ohio State. Anybody thinking Nebraska can contain a run oriented QB this week, and avoid turnovers, is simply off their rocker. Until Nebraska proves it can be done, smart money says it can't be done.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that, had Northwestern used Colter the whole time at the QB, instead of spot duty, the Huskers would be 4-3, not 5-2.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that, had Northwestern used Colter the whole time at the QB, instead of spot duty, the Huskers would be 4-3, not 5-2.

So true. Did they even watch the Ohio State film? That's what was so frustrating to me. Northwestern basically gift-wrapped that W, and we still did everything in our power to piss it away.

I'm trying not to be too negative about this Michigan game, but I don't know where to find any positives. I think we have a very good chance in all the games after Michigan, but I think Saturday will just be another primetime shellacking.

So true. Did they even watch the Ohio State film? That's what was so frustrating to me. Northwestern basically gift-wrapped that W, and we still did everything in our power to piss it away.

I'm trying not to be too negative about this Michigan game, but I don't know where to find any positives. I think we have a very good chance in all the games after Michigan, but I think Saturday will just be another primetime shellacking.

I like us to win all of those other games too. If we did, 9-3 regular season. Not too bad. Especially since the UCLA game could have easily gone to NU.

Northwestern was not using Colter that much. Have moved to the more convential offense. They used him very little all year. But as stated if they had used him it would have more difficult for us.

Part of me thinks we get routed by Michigan, then I think we are home. Bo knows he is in a little trouble, so he may just pull out all stops to stop Dennard.

I want to believe we win this game, but I have little faith that we will. Honestly I see us losing most of the rest. Penn State is playing very good. Michigan State needs a win badly. I think we win Iowa and Minnie, but who knows.

I don't see his line of thinking at all and I am about as Husker biased as you can possibly get.

Last year I bet on the Huskers to beat Michigan and Ohio State because I felt we were a bit more well rounded offensively and that Taylor was just a bit better in the throwing game. Miller ate us alive and the Ohio State team would have likely held on for the win last year had it not been for injury. Dennard and Michigan beat us down.

Miller has already run rough shot over us. And Taylor threw picks against Ohio State. Anybody thinking Nebraska can contain a run oriented QB this week, and avoid turnovers, is simply off their rocker. Until Nebraska proves it can be done, smart money says it can't be done.

There's going to be the game where we do prove it. This could very well be the one.

We have a new wrinkle this year that may help with slowing down Denard. Our new dline coach know a thing or two about it anyway. Read this:

Kaczenski knows better than most. He faced Robinson three times while coaching the defensive line at Iowa. The Hawkeyes beat Michigan in those three games, too, neutralizing Robinson's ability to get in gridiron adventures and generally cause havoc.

How? By simple, brute means. Iowa knocked him out of the game in 2010 and sent him to the sidelines briefly in 2011.

“We came on a zero blitz and banged him up,” Kaczenski said of the 2011 game that Iowa won 24-16. “He wouldn't be able to do some of the things he did against other teams.”

Link:http://www.omaha.com/article/20121022/HUSKERS/710229885/1002#huskers-tackle-tackling-robinson

I'll say this, if we end the season at 9-3 and with the schedule we have next year.... we will get a fair amount of pub as National Title contenders.

I admit to being harsh on Bo at times but if he can sure up the defense and continue to upgrade the talent on that side of the ball through recruiting and redshirts, we stand a chance.

I guess I disagree. Your just going on what Colter did last year. This year the defense shut him down when he played QB or WR. He rushed 14 times for 35 yards. Thats about 2.5 a carry. They were prepared for him and effectively took him away as a playmaker.

I really think they will employ the a similar strategy agianst Michigan. Stop the running and force Robinson to beat them with his arm.

Guys... regarding the NW game --- on the second to last TD drive in the 4th quarter of the comeback, TMart threw two straight absolute gimme interceptions. One was bobbled by 2 (maybe three) NW defenders and dropped. The other was a pick six on a silver platter --- it too was dropped. NU got LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY that game --- we tried to give that game to NW in 10 different ways... NW just refused to accept the gift of a win against NU. If either of those throws were caught (and each should have been caught) then NU loses.

We should not have beat NW. It is very, very unlikely that we beat Michigan. We do have the talent to win... but play so wildly beneath the talent level of the team that I am hard pressed to see that change. Stranger things have happened before, but it will be quite a surprise to me if NU stays very close to Michigan Saturday.

Guys... regarding the NW game --- on the second to last TD drive in the 4th quarter of the comeback, TMart threw two straight absolute gimme interceptions. One was bobbled by 2 (maybe three) NW defenders and dropped. The other was a pick six on a silver platter --- it too was dropped. NU got LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY that game --- we tried to give that game to NW in 10 different ways... NW just refused to accept the gift of a win against NU. If either of those throws were caught (and each should have been caught) then NU loses.

We should not have beat NW. It is very, very unlikely that we beat Michigan. We do have the talent to win... but play so wildly beneath the talent level of the team that I am hard pressed to see that change. Stranger things have happened before, but it will be quite a surprise to me if NU stays very close to Michigan Saturday.

it works both ways you know, we could have had at least 4 picks...it is funny how it seems that we get lucky when another team has a chance at something but you ignore the fact that we had the same oppurtunities
  • Fire 1

And we dropped about 4 picks ourselves, and had 3 turnovers that cost us points. Muffed fair catches kept Northwestern in the game. Think about that. You can't play the one sided "what if" game to create your argument...

• Fire 2

It's over man...I'm going France on this thing and surrendering to Michigan before we begin. Why bother?

its_over.gif

• Fire 1