Taylor Martinez Injury Update?

Any word on Taariq Allen ? Didn't look good when they helped him off the field. Hope its not as serious as it seemed.

GBR!!!

Bo said it looked like a serious injury to him. Generally Bo plays those things down, so I think it's going to be bad news.

I don't know if this has been answered elsewhere yet...torn ACL/MCL for Tariq.

Any word on Taariq Allen ? Didn't look good when they helped him off the field. Hope its not as serious as it seemed.

GBR!!!

Bo said it looked like a serious injury to him. Generally Bo plays those things down, so I think it's going to be bad news.

:hmmph:throw

GBR!!!

That's not good news.

In the stands, I had no idea Taylor was injured. I suppose that lends itself to the conversation about how tough Taylor is.

Really? He was limping pretty bad for a while. Glad he was able to come back ok, his leg got pretty bent up from what I could tell on TV.

Seriously. Nobody around us saw it, and nobody was talking about it. The first I heard he was injured was this thread.

I was at the game too, but I believe it happened on that helmet tackle/fumble play. He got up and limp jogged to the sideline, but I don't know if we had another offensive series before halftime, so it was easy to be forgotten quickly.

Seriously. Nobody around us saw it, and nobody was talking about it. The first I heard he was injured was this thread.

I was at the game too, but I believe it happened on that helmet tackle/fumble play. He got up and limp jogged to the sideline, but I don't know if we had another offensive series before halftime, so it was easy to be forgotten quickly.

It did. From the replay, it looked like his foot/ankle kept his leg from getting to the ground resulting in "stretching" of the knee and or ankle. Came up and was pointing to the ground or ankle. I think he was signaling to Bo he was "down" and that it should not have been a fumble.

It was clearly bothering him afterwards. His first several throws looked like 2010 as he wasn't pushing off. I was thinking that this wasn't a good sign and started to wonder if Bo and Beck woud actually go to RG3, unlike in 2010. Then he seemed better then tweaked it again. Got it retapped and somehow looked pretty good for the rest of the game with some decent runs. I just hope it isn't a serious high sprain, though the way he came back I don't think it is.

I'm about 3/4 through the third quarter now and you can definitely tell he's hurting. Doesn't appear bad, and that 4th quarter run seems to show that he's OK.

But live, in the game, we never saw that he was hurting. He's a damned tough kid. All that crap he's taken, although partially justified, should stop pretty damned soon.

Aside from win a championship of some sort, for which he's going to need a complete team effort, he can't do a lot more to convince his doubters that he's a bona fide Husker QB in the mold of Steve Taylor, Jerry Tagge, Dave Humm, Gerry Gdowski, Tommie Frazier, Zac Taylor, etc. This kid is tough, he's worked his tail off to improve, and he's leading this team - sometimes putting the team on his back and willing them to a win.

He's a gutsy player. I'm glad he's a Husker.

• Fire 2