Why we should consider a new Off Coordinator

473 yards on a defense allowing an average of 260 yard per game. Shut up. We don't play in the Big 12 anymore we have to play teams that actually play defense. It's easy to sit here and type about how bad the play calling is having no experience as a cfb offensive coordinator.

First of all, watch out new guy, people have been banned for less...

If crap plays are being called on 1st and 2nd down, then it makes the 3rd down conversion that much more difficult. Apparently you don't remember what a bad OC can do to your team.

Well I am very sorry so I will be the one to shut up and just go enjoy the win and show my support of this great team rather than read the negativity on here.

• Fire 1

Let's recap:

28 points against a defense averaging 15

473 yards against a defense giving up 267

313 yards rushing against a defense giving up 91

Averaged 7.8 yards per rush against a defense giving up 3.0

Still ran the ball 40 times vs. throwing it 36 times despite not having a lead until :05 left in the game

Exactly what part of this production would anyone say is the fault of the OC?

I cant believe the bitching that goes on around here, we have a top 5 offense in the Nation and we want to replace the OC....unbelievable. Bo gets our young defensive talent up to speed and we will be unbeatable. The team will learn to be mostly mistake free by the end of the year, playing its best ball. Penn St is going to be a very tough game, we are beat up on the O line.

Why is it always "bitching" to talk about why a play call didn't work? I mean really? What do you want? A perfect message board where everyone high fives each other and pats on the back for a good game guys?

To say this team will learn to be mistake free is selective memory. What game have we played mistake free in to this point? Did we improve the mistakes from last week? How many turnovers and penalties did we have? This is why people like us "bitchers" exist. We question the direction of things instead of hiding our head in the sand pretending it's all ok. Nick Saban is known for demanding perfection from his kids. I thought Bo did too but we are just as sloppy as ever.

I don't care what our numbers are offensively. Bill Callahan had some nice offensive numbers.

• Fire 1

473 yards on a defense allowing an average of 260 yard per game. Shut up. We don't play in the Big 12 anymore we have to play teams that actually play defense. It's easy to sit here and type about how bad the play calling is having no experience as a cfb offensive coordinator.

It's also easy to throw around stats and pretend everything is ok. Beck is an average coordinator right now. I still see the Watson tendencies. It's not the decision to run this play or that play because we are nebraska or it's 3rd down...it's deciding to run a play despite the risk reward ratio...despite the current tendency of the team or qb. But whatever. He makes some great calls but a lot of head scratchers. He fits in well with this team.

The same Shawn Watson that has Louisville the number 9 team in the country? The only reason Watson didnt work here was becasue of Bo. If Watson would have had Blaine Gabbert (we could have had him if we Bo wanted him) we would have had 2 big 12 champioships, and probably play in the NC game with him as a Sr. Add to that the recruits we would have gotten for being that good and we would be a whole different team right now. But hey lets continue to lay the blame on a different play or coach each week, even thou we win.

• Fire 1

New team motto

"Hey, who cares how it looks, we won".

Go Big Red. The rest of you fall in line with this bullsh#t. I'm out of here for awhile. I don't have anything good or bad to say about this team anymore because I just don't know what to even expect from them anymore. The only thing about this team I can guarantee is that fifty percent of the live television broadcast will be spent on the sideline watching Bo rip apart one of our best players like he's the biggest f#*k up in the world. Other than that, there's no guarantees here. Congrats on the win Big Red. For the crowd that says a "win is a win"...big ups. I'm glad we won. We got jobbed by the f'ing refs just as much as Michigan State did. Glad the game came down to the f'ing clowns in the stripes. Same team, different day. Go Big Red. I love ya. I hope you figure things out.

We can also predict you'll click on any random thread and leave a strange post game spiel that doesn't even relate to the content of the thread.

Why is it always "bitching" to talk about why a play call didn't work? I mean really? What do you want? A perfect message board where everyone high fives each other and pats on the back for a good game guys?

To say this team will learn to be mistake free is selective memory. What game have we played mistake free in to this point? Did we improve the mistakes from last week? How many turnovers and penalties did we have? This is why people like us "bitchers" exist. We question the direction of things instead of hiding our head in the sand pretending it's all ok. Nick Saban is known for demanding perfection from his kids. I thought Bo did too but we are just as sloppy as ever.

I don't care what our numbers are offensively. Bill Callahan had some nice offensive numbers.

Yeah, this has an eerie resemblance to SW...

Imagine the different reaction if I'd have posted this after the UCLA game. Perception is a mother...

Let's recap:

28 points against a defense averaging 15

473 yards against a defense giving up 267

313 yards rushing against a defense giving up 91

Averaged 7.8 yards per rush against a defense giving up 3.0

Still ran the ball 40 times vs. throwing it 36 times despite not having a lead until :05 left in the game

Exactly what part of this production would anyone say is the fault of the OC?

I cant believe the bitching that goes on around here, we have a top 5 offense in the Nation and we want to replace the OC....unbelievable. Bo gets our young defensive talent up to speed and we will be unbeatable. The team will learn to be mostly mistake free by the end of the year, playing its best ball. Penn St is going to be a very tough game, we are beat up on the O line.

If every play call worked we would score a TD on every play. Sometime you set things up by running other plays. No one is going to like every single play call no matter who is calling the plays, so why bitch about it?

If you're not satisfied by the drastic improvements our offense has made over the last two seasons, you're not going to be satisfied with any offensive coordinator.

Sorry.

2010 Rush Yds Per Game 247 Pass Yds Per Game 150 Points Per Game 30.9

2011 Rush Yds Per Game 217 Pass Yds Per Game 162 Points Per Game 29.2

I'm not sure if I'd say drastic...

I think we hired the same guy, different hair cut maybe?

Edited by walksalone
  • Fire 1

Dont know if this was mentioned yet. I spent the middle stages of the game griping about no zone reads being ran. It was obvious early they couldnt stop it, but when we finally went back to it later, there was nothing. Maybe because Beck already saw adjustments being made. I'm realizing more and more with each one of these heart attacks that it's a 60 minute game and that our players and coaches understand this as much as anyone and that it's ok to pick a probe a bit, especially on a defense as good as theirs and make adjustments accordingly. I'm not talking about the exaggerated adjustments that are blown out of proportions here. "We won, we made adjustments. We lost, we failed to make adjustments, derpa derpa"

I'm talking about little things that we dont notice such as alinments and minor changes in blocking. Maybe making splits a footwider so the lineman can get to that backer. Little things like that. The OC and his assistant (Cotton) are taking extensive notes on each play ran according to down and distance, field position, formation, etc. To think we're just pulling plays out of our ass with not basis like playstation or xbox is uninformed at best.

I guess this rant rambled on to things that were probably not even mentioned yet.

The two games we've lost this year we've scored 30 vs UCLA and 38 vs OSU. Unless your'e playing Oregon that seems like enough to win most games.

Guess you don't remember the UCLA game too well. Plenty of time on the clock, and he's got T-Mart winging the ball all over, when running the ball would have gotten the job done. Beck uses his head, doesn't go pass crazy, mixes the pass and run, we score a TD and things are vastly different...