Less than Average Defense?

Zaimejs

I was just looking at the stats from the game... MSU was well above their offensive averages in every category against us. They've played some less than stellar opponents. So does that mean that our defense is just that bad? I was jokingly saying how we made their running back, Bell, look like a Heismann candidate. But it's not funny when a defensive genius keeps giving us less than average defensive performances.

3 picks 3 Pi calls...that helped them a ton, a couple big plays too...defense did a decent job, we play just a bit cleaner and i have no worries about our next three games...also the defense is getting better, with a servicable defense we will be pretty good next year, considering how good the offense can be. we played texas tech a few years ago and they put some points on us, not easily but they did, no one else seemed to do that, soooooo......that proves how good our offense is against maybe one of the best defenses in the country

Eh, I hope that Bo goes back to the attacking defense next weekend or McGloin is gonna have a field day with us. Hopefully we stop this shooting ourselves in the foot stuff with the penalties and turnovers. If we don't it's gonna be a rough game next weekend. PSU is a good football team and is much better than everyone thought they would be. Not nearly as worried about Minnesota, but we still need to respect them. Iowa is terrible................

we will be fine, thats the best defense we will play, now its time for the offense to kick it into gear and stop shooting themselves hang 70 on the next few opponents :koolaid2:

Our team makes it so hard on themselves. Penn State will be another tough match, but it is at home which should help. If we win that one, then I think we are in the league championship game.

I was looking at the stats last night of past MSU opponents to see how we compared.

MSU yardage Total/Rushing/Passing

Nebraska: 361/238/123

Wisconsin: 277/61/216

Michigan: 304/112/192

Iowa: 257/123/134

Indiana: 410/120/290

Our defense against the run was disappointing considering how much the coaches were talking about it before the game.

I was looking at the stats last night of past MSU opponents to see how we compared.

MSU yardage Total/Rushing/Passing

Nebraska: 361/238/123

Wisconsin: 277/61/216

Michigan: 304/112/192

Iowa: 257/123/134

Indiana: 410/120/290

Our defense against the run was disappointing considering how much the coaches were talking about it before the game.

Our defense struggled against the run and that is where the yards came from. But Michigan State's players are really good players, but they are just young and inexperienced. It is natural that later in the season and with more experience their efficiency and production will increase. So don't completely compare them early in the season to us now.