Two States Legalize Cannabis

Want to bet that Nebraska will be one of the last states to legalize it?

I just wish Nebraska would legalize the growing of it. Who cares about the smoking--people can do that regardless of the laws.

Want to bet that Nebraska will be one of the last states to legalize it?

I just wish Nebraska would legalize the growing of it. Who cares about the smoking--people can do that regardless of the laws.

Considering it pretty much grows naturally here? (ditch weed anyway)

Still federally illegal, so smoke all you want until the DEA shows up at your door

People who smoke Marijuana will smoke it regardless if it's illegal or not. The DEA is not going to show up to small time user's houses and arrest them. They may try to enforce federal law on the suppliers like they are trying to do with the medicinal mj out in California but, the state of Colorado has done a good job of keeping the feds away from it's med. marijuana program. I would expect to see similar results happen with full legalization.

The difference being that with full legalization, the government won't have to spend time and money enforcing it, and would actually make a lot of money by taxing the hell out of it.

If it was legal, couldn't I just grow and smoke my own, thereby cutting the government out of the taxes? It grows very well in Nebraska's climate. I could have a small patch in the garden and have a year-round supply, tax free.

You can brew your own beer without paying taxes, so...same thing

You would think so, yeah. That and society in general becoming a bit more progressive and realizing that weed is safer than tobacco and alcohol

But the majority of smokers won't want to or won't be able to grow their own stuff, so there will still be plenty of on-the-market pot that will be able to be taxed

If it was legal, couldn't I just grow and smoke my own, thereby cutting the government out of the taxes? It grows very well in Nebraska's climate. I could have a small patch in the garden and have a year-round supply, tax free.

Yes. You can do the same with potatoes, but McDonalds still sells french fries. Cultivating premier cannabis has more to do--or so I've heard--than dropping seeds in the ground. And even if it is that simple, it still takes time, effort, and patience. In the same way that legally brewing beer at home has not eradicated bars (or the tax revenue generated from them), I would see no reason in the world to think that just because people could home grown, everyone would.

That said, if Nebraska does legalize and you do start a patch in your garden, do let me know. :)

You would think so, yeah. That and society in general becoming a bit more progressive and realizing that weed is safer than tobacco and alcohol

But the majority of smokers won't want to or won't be able to grow their own stuff, so there will still be plenty of on-the-market pot that will be able to be taxed

You might be surprised at the number of cultivation businesses that pop up after it is legalized. When it was legalized for medical use here in Colorado, it seems a grow shop sprung up on every corner. Lights, fertilizers, hydroponic systems, it's unbelievable the amount of vendors and growing aids that can be readily had nowadays. Probably will get another bump with this most recent step. I have no reason to think things would be any different in any other state. But, you are correct, some people won't go to the trouble but home grown would be a rather easy solution until it becomes legalized on a federal level.

i heard a couple states even legalized gay cannabis.

the natural link; packing fudge for munchies......

• Fire 1

You might be surprised at the number of cultivation businesses that pop up after it is legalized. When it was legalized for medical use here in Colorado, it seems a grow shop sprung up on every corner. Lights, fertilizers, hydroponic systems, it's unbelievable the amount of vendors and growing aids that can be readily had nowadays. Probably will get another bump with this most recent step. I have no reason to think things would be any different in any other state. But, you are correct, some people won't go to the trouble but home grown would be a rather easy solution until it becomes legalized on a federal level.

i heard a couple states even legalized gay cannabis.

the natural link; packing fudge for munchies......

60 minutes did a piece on Colorado's growing and distribution a couple weeks ago. Not sure if they have their shows on-line but if they do it would be worth a watch.