How satisfied are you with the results of the election?

You opinion  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Then get used to losing elections like this. Would you rather have someone like Obama in office or someone at least somewhat conservative.

Obama is in office when many very liberal groups were very upset with him during his first term. But, they at least get a little bit of what they want.

I'm actually ok with Obama being in the White House the next four years. The country has so many problems, he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of addressing them adequately, and because he's the country's qb, he'll be blamed for that failure. I'm guessing in 2 years, he'll have very Bushian approval numbers.

This election was decided by 2.3% of the vote. If the Republicans every figure this out, they can be very powerful.

Just stop and think for a moment the impact that will have on actually reversing our fiscal situation: both parties continuing to meet in the middle, agreeing that government bloat and waste is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If you identify as extremely conservative, then hoping that your party changes course to being moderately conservative in order to win is nonsense.

not sure anyone agrees with that and pretty sure republicans suffered a lot more for the other planks of their platform other than fiscal conservatism.

I'm actually ok with Obama being in the White House the next four years. The country has so many problems, he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of addressing them adequately, and because he's the country's qb, he'll be blamed for that failure. I'm guessing in 2 years, he'll have very Bushian approval numbers.

quoted for posterity.

I wonder if this election would have different if Marco Rubio was the VP candidate. Seems a little like discriminaton to put someone on the ticket because of his ethnicity though.

VPs only matter if they are catastrophically bad. Like Sarah Palin was. Even Dan Quale didn't sink Bush. Romney was going to sink regardless, the second he moved to the far right so he could get through the primary. Had he been the Romney that was Gov of Mass, then maybe its different.

You ever think the best thing for the actual Republican Party would have been to have Bachmann or Santorum win the primaries and get destroyed in the election? Then maybe the Fox News Republican party would realize that being even more conservative wasn't the answer.

I think the well informed majority of this country wants fiscal conservatism, we just disagree on the definition of what that is. I.e. scaling way back on government spending/regulations and increasing revenue through new tax codes, or reducing the budget in a balanced way and increasing some taxes. I know that's grossly over simplified, but those are basically the two major positions.

I wonder if this election would have different if Marco Rubio was the VP candidate. Seems a little like discriminaton to put someone on the ticket because of his ethnicity though.

VPs only matter if they are catastrophically bad. Like Sarah Palin was. Even Dan Quale didn't sink Bush. Romney was going to sink regardless, the second he moved to the far right so he could get through the primary. Had he been the Romney that was Gov of Mass, then maybe its different.

I think it might have made it interesting- with a swing in the hispanic vote and the woman vote. I think Jesus could have ran in 2008 and lost, but dear god, Palin must be the all time worse VP pick.

You ever think the best thing for the actual Republican Party would have been to have Bachmann or Santorum win the primaries and get destroyed in the election? Then maybe the Fox News Republican party would realize that being even more conservative wasn't the answer.

I think the well informed majority of this country wants fiscal conservatism, we just disagree on the definition of what that is. I.e. scaling way back on government spending/regulations and increasing revenue through new tax codes, or reducing the budget in a balanced way and increasing some taxes. I know that's grossly over simplified, but those are basically the two major positions.

It very well might have been. The the GOP is going to have a very ugly internal civil war between the thinking part of the party, and the Tea Party sect. Unfortunately I can see how it is likely to turn out. If the Republican leadership had any mix of brains and balls, they would kick out everyone who is associated with the Tea Party.

I think it might have made it interesting- with a swing in the hispanic vote and the woman vote. I think Jesus could have ran in 2008 and lost, but dear god, Palin must be the all time worse VP pick.

I don't know as it would have made a difference. It very well might have been looked at as pandering.

Jesus wouldn't have a hope of getting through a Republican Primary. He's far too liberal for their liking.

• Fire 2

quoted for posterity.

Whatever makes you feel good, I guess. His first term gives me pretty strong confidence in my prediction, but for the good of the country, I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong.

Jesus wouldn't have a hope of getting through a Republican Primary. He's far too liberal for their liking.

We wouldn't boo him though. :P

It very well might have been. The the GOP is going to have a very ugly internal civil war between the thinking part of the party, and the Tea Party sect. Unfortunately I can see how it is likely to turn out. If the Republican leadership had any mix of brains and balls, they would kick out everyone who is associated with the Tea Party.

Wrong.

I'm not a tea partier, but, they shouldn't be "kicked out" of the party. They just need to stop being the main voice of the party. The Dems didn't "kick out" the extreme liberal wack jobs. They simply stopped catering to them openly and started talking to the middle.

Doesn't matter who won, America's going to lose. There's so much butthurt between both sides, nothing's going to get accomplished. And the way these idiotic politico's talk, no matter which side of the aisle, you'd think the Christians were plotting how to go on a crusade to kill the Muslims...

This election was decided by 2.3% of the vote. If the Republicans every figure this out, they can be very powerful.

Just stop and think for a moment the impact that will have on actually reversing our fiscal situation: both parties continuing to meet in the middle, agreeing that government bloat and waste is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If you identify as extremely conservative, then hoping that your party changes course to being moderately conservative in order to win is nonsense.

not sure anyone agrees with that and pretty sure republicans suffered a lot more for the other planks of their platform other than fiscal conservatism.

I agree that we disagree with it, but our politicians in Washington are living it and breathing it.

As to the comment of Republicans losing because of other planks on their platform - that's probably the point. Too many are hung up on the social issues while we wither economically.

That's a bad thing...right?