Bill O'Brien offense vs the blackshirts.. little worried

Dawson

I'm a die hard Nebraska fan living out here in Massachusetts..I grew up in Mitchell, NE prior to moving to NY and finally Massachusetts.. Anyway, I'm a little worried about the upcoming game.. We've had some big wins over Wisconsin, Michigan, MSU.. Bill O'Brien (Current PSU) headcoach was the offensive coordinator for the Patriots for a number of seasons and they were always one of the best in the NFL.. (Some of that credit goes to Tom Brady also)... Anyway, he's a great coach IMO for dealing with everything he's had to deal with at PSU and he's a great offensive coach.. little worried how the blackshirts especially the secondary deal with his passing game..

I am sure, we will press their receivers, as McGloin is a 3 step drop with a quick pass type of QB. We have to be faster, and more sound than them to make sure the little yards don't kill us, and make sure when they go deep, we don't get burned. With Fisher, Compton and Santos, I am not afraid of them using their TE's. We have a secondary they have yet to meet, and an offense, that the have yet to see. Comes down to the same stuff every week, keep the ball off the ground (which we have been better at), the O-line protect well, whether it be a pass or rush, and limit INT's and stupid penalties, we should win. Their offense is not as fundamental as MSU's, and they don't have a great RB. Their RB is a north and south runner, which will only play to our advantage. Its when the opponent uses the outside rush we get burned, because our guys aren't fast, and we have to rely on our Secondary to stop the run. We need to take advantage of the East and West run game, and burn them out, because Michael Mauti will not be able to keep up and we have to wear him down to take advantage of running it up the gut.

I'm a die hard Nebraska fan living out here in Massachusetts..I grew up in Mitchell, NE prior to moving to NY and finally Massachusetts.. Anyway, I'm a little worried about the upcoming game.. We've had some big wins over Wisconsin, Michigan, MSU.. Bill O'Brien (Current PSU) headcoach was the offensive coordinator for the Patriots for a number of seasons and they were always one of the best in the NFL.. (Some of that credit goes to Tom Brady also)... Anyway, he's a great coach IMO for dealing with everything he's had to deal with at PSU and he's a great offensive coach.. little worried how the blackshirts especially the secondary deal with his passing game..

We have one of the best secondarys in the nation, they play right into our strength.

We are #1 in pass efficency defense at 46%

#5 in total passing yrds/game

I'm sorry ;)

Gotta give him a lot of credit. Had all the sanctions and players leaving, and his team is still playing solid. At the end of the day we are more talented and the game is at home. I don't see a problem here....McGloin can't scramble.

True...but how many times this season have we played teams that we out-matched and out-classed on paper close? Let's see, we've got:

-UCLA

-Wisconsin

-Northwestern

-Michigan State

All four teams that, on paper, we run circles around. And all four games in which multiple board members went around saying we're going to blow 'em out of the water...

I have a feeling that this week's game against Penn State will be more of the same--we'll shoot ourselves in the foot, and make a spectacular 4th quarter comeback attempt. Problem is, Penn State is resilient and disciplined enough to quell any sort of resurgence by our team...

Do I think we'll win? Yes. But it may be closer than people think, especially in the 4th.

I'm sorry ;)

Hey now, that's where I grew up too.

We won't shut them out, but I see us winning by at least two scores. Their offense doesn't have anything our defense is weak against, though they'll probably get just enough favorable matchups to get a couple touchdowns through the air. Their defense is good, but we've proven that we can move the ball even on a D that's tough against the run.

I'm sorry ;)

Hey now, that's where I grew up too.

Nothing wrong with small town Nebraska.