Matt McGloin doesn't know Husker Fans very well

knapplc

@CoryGiger

#PSU QB McGloin said it's fun going on road and winning big. Goal Saturday is to "try to eliminate that crowd as quickly as possible."

Son... that's not something you want to tell Husker fans. We don't get quiet at our house. We get louder as the game goes on.

I hope they're up by 14 late in the second half now so we can really, really get loud. It'll make the comeback that much sweeter.

@CoryGiger

#PSU QB McGloin said it's fun going on road and winning big. Goal Saturday is to "try to eliminate that crowd as quickly as possible."

Son... that's not something you want to tell Husker fans. We don't get quiet at our house. We get louder as the game goes on.

I hope they're up by 14 late in the second half now so we can really, really get loud. It'll make the comeback that much sweeter.

Yeah, IF we come back. It gets pretty darn quiet when they come out flat and fall behind.

• Fire 6

@CoryGiger

Yeah, IF we come back. It gets pretty darn quiet when they come out flat and fall behind.

The Wisconsin game (when we came out flat and fell behind) was significantly louder and more electric than the Michigan game (where we played well throughout and never trailed).

@CoryGiger

The Wisconsin game (when we came out flat and fell behind) was significantly louder and more electric than the Michigan game (where we played well throughout and never trailed).

True. But on the flip side, the 2nd/early 3rd quarter against OSU was probably the quietest I've ever heard it.

@CoryGiger

Yea, it got pretty quiet during the 1st half of the Wisconsin game. So let's try to stay loud during the entire game, and not let 2 TD's shut us up.

@CoryGiger

Ah, the true fan's voice. Thanks for the contribution.

And to your latest point, I was at the Ohio State game last year. The second and third quarters weren't quiet. Revisionist history is nice and all, but I still have that game on DVR - and the 2nd and 3rd quarters featured some pretty loud crowd noise.

Check the tapes, as a matter of fact. Quiet? We're down 17-6 at the 57:00 mark. Please to listen to the crowd ramp up.

At 1:15, we're down 20-6. Please to listen to the crowd as we come back to regular play.

And notice, as we're down 21 points at 1:24, all the empty seats. All the fans that gave up. All the fans that are so, so quiet as we're down three TDs.

https://www.youtube....h?v=X1boFUYaAZQ

@CoryGiger

Ah, the true fan's voice. Thanks for the contribution.

And to your latest point, I was at the Ohio State game last year. The second and third quarters weren't quiet. Revisionist history is nice and all, but I still have that game on DVR - and the 2nd and 3rd quarters featured some pretty loud crowd noise.

Check the tapes, as a matter of fact. Quiet? We're down 17-6 at the 57:00 mark. Please to listen to the crowd ramp up.

At 1:15, we're down 20-6. Please to listen to the crowd as we come back to regular play.

And notice, as we're down 21 points at 1:24, all the empty seats. All the fans that gave up. All the fans that are so, so quiet as we're down three TDs.

https://www.youtube....h?v=X1boFUYaAZQ

Yes, because fans leaving is exactly what "we are quiet when losing" means.

The crowd is always loud on TV because they place the mics throughout the stadium so that it is that way. As long as there are 9 people out of the 86,000 yelling, ESPN will find them and make sure they show up as background noise. At its worst, before Lavonte's strip, it was not even close to being loud in that stadium. That doesn't mean that 0 people were yelling, but it was not loud.

Memorial can get pretty damn quiet. All 12 of the San Jose State fans who showed up managed to get chants going in the 4th quarter in 2008 when we were still winning that could be easily heard. You don't need to be butthurt that your fans aren't the rowdiest in the world. Nicest sure, but they are not overly loud.

Well, my brother was tOSU last year and he said it was pretty damn loud. I had 2 cousins from Colorado at that game which was their 1st husker game. They said they had never heard a stadium go from loud, to stunned silence, to ear splitting loud; never heard a place that loud ever. And there were 4 of em spread in all parts of the stadium.

As far as Michigan this yr, we had north stadium sec 36 rocking the whole game. Even started the wave, which the student section then made fully possible. It was loud, trust me. The folks standing (yes, standing the whole game) even commented to me and my brother that they were happy to be next to us and couldn't believe we kept up the energy the whole game.

Memorial is loud, and I promise you, we'll have our section up cheering the whole game. Barring a blowout, of course. Then we will just enjoy the victory, after our work is done.