SIGNED DT Maliek Collins

Those are some pretty weak numbers. Would like to see him a lot stronger than that. Hopefully it's just a technique thing and he will get better with a good strength coach. Not looking for an argument here, those are very weak numbers. Hopefully he's just getting into lifting weights, he should get strong quick if that's the case, but may need a redshirt because of it.

Those are some pretty weak numbers. Would like to see him a lot stronger than that. Hopefully it's just a technique thing and he will get better with a good strength coach. Not looking for an argument here, those are very weak numbers. Hopefully he's just getting into lifting weights, he should get strong quick if that's the case, but may need a redshirt because of it.

Well you're going to get one...

...just not from me. ^_^ Those are average weights for a DT.

• Fire 1

305 Pounds great for incoming DL

335 Solid Bench

415 Average Squat

Those numbers dont mean much anyways in terms of being a good football player, but those particular numbers are not bad. Would be more interested in his 10 yard dash, pro agility, and vertical. He looks very explosive of the ball. With some technique work this kid could be a stud.

I thought the same thing when I saw that.

Ndamukong Suh's bench max was 300 coming out of high school.

No sh#t!! Didn't know that. Man our varsity football team had 5 people who benched over four hundred and two of them were juniors. Oh and I was in a class d school. Maybe it was the farm kids in us IDK, but none of us were division I material.

They will get his bench up to 400 in no time. He comes from a little high school with im sure sub par facilities, and not strength coach i bet. Also the training table we have will help him build his strength. I doubt his diet is where it need to be also. Food is more anabolic than the juice. His is an 18 year old give him a minute

They will get his bench up to 400 in no time. He comes from a little high school with im sure sub par facilities, and not strength coach i bet. Also the training table we have will help him build his strength. I doubt his diet is where it need to be also. Food is more anabolic than the juice. His is an 18 year old give him a minute

Especially with the nutrition program Mrs. Obama laid out to help with obesity(no political dig intended) But, I would have starved in high school eating the little bit of food handed out. Of course you could always brings your own I guess.

Suh benches 450 an squats 580ish or so.

Got a ways to go.

The other thing is 1 rep maxing is not how these guys are training. More in the body building range of 8 to 12 reps. I bet Suh can rep 450 for several reps. But he doesnt need to . On his last set he probably slaps on 4 wagon wheels a side and reps out at least 8- 10. Why risk tearing a pec and push 500. Thats not going to help him with the endurance to push around the big boys for a whole game. Maliek probably has long arms at 6'2, like myself. I'm much stronger with dumbells, have done reps with 120 pounders, but I have maxed out with 335 only a couple of years ago on the flat barbell bench press. No reason to worry, this dude is going to be a stud. Oh, and I have seen high school kids pushing some big weight, while it looks like they are trying to hump the ceiling ..lol

Suh benches 450 an squats 580ish or so.

Got a ways to go.

The other thing is 1 rep maxing is not how these guys are training. More in the body building range of 8 to 12 reps. I bet Suh can rep 450 for several reps. But he doesnt need to . On his last set he probably slaps on 4 wagon wheels a side and reps out at least 8- 10. Why risk tearing a pec and push 500. Thats not going to help him with the endurance to push around the big boys for a whole game. Maliek probably has long arms at 6'2, like myself. I'm much stronger with dumbells, have done reps with 120 pounders, but I have maxed out with 335 only a couple of years ago on the flat barbell bench press. No reason to worry, this dude is going to be a stud. Oh, and I have seen high school kids pushing some big weight, while it looks like they are trying to hump the ceiling ..lol

I have long arms as well. They'd only let me bench with dumbbells. The straight bar they said didnt allow for enough flexibility.

No sh#t!! Didn't know that. Man our varsity football team had 5 people who benched over four hundred and two of them were juniors. Oh and I was in a class d school. Maybe it was the farm kids in us IDK, but none of us were division I material.

No sh#t!! Didn't know that. Man our varsity football team had 5 people who benched over four hundred and two of them were juniors. Oh and I was in a class d school. Maybe it was the ROIDS in us IDK, but none of us were division I material.

Sorry, was this more accurate? I know for a fact a lot of the class D schools around where I played in high school openly juiced like half the team. You don't get 5 kids benching that much and just call it 'throwing hay bales around'.

This kid is going to be a stud no doubt about it. He has the perfect frame to be an elite DT. he sure looks the part. I've done 350 at 175 and still only got second in a tourney I competed in.

Like I said he will be a stud but I lost hope for him to contribute this fall beyond garbage time. Hope I'm wrong and they do wonders with him this summer. Would love to see him get a few meaningful snaps a game, if any of these 6 new guys are even close to being able to play, we need to start getting them time. I hope they all play, as long as they actually play.

I'm going to bet hardly anyone redshirts this year.

No sh#t!! Didn't know that. Man our varsity football team had 5 people who benched over four hundred and two of them were juniors. Oh and I was in a class d school. Maybe it was the ROIDS in us IDK, but none of us were division I material.

Sorry, was this more accurate? I know for a fact a lot of the class D schools around where I played in high school openly juiced like half the team. You don't get 5 kids benching that much and just call it 'throwing hay bales around'.

lmao uh nope