DT Lavon Hooks [Ole Miss Commit]

Ed Helms

Ole Miss got a commitment from JUCO DT Jarran Reed today. No idea if it will affect Hooks' decision, but he posted this on Twitter a few hours ago:

Lavon Hooks@CaptinHooks203

This decision is beginning to get much easier #comingsoon

Man we need this one!

Im thinking this has to do with the Auburn offer and its no bueno for us, dont know for sure thou

Ameer chose us over Auburn so anything can happen

Only because we were the only school who promised to give him a shot at RB. Auburn and the other SEC schools were offering him as a safety.

I'm hoping he is saying this decision is getting easier because Ole Miss took another DT and he didn't like that. Or it could have been in regards to the Auburn offer. Nobody knows at this point!

Ole Miss got a commitment from JUCO DT Jarran Reed today. No idea if it will affect Hooks' decision, but he posted this on Twitter a few hours ago:

Lavon Hooks@CaptinHooks203

This decision is beginning to get much easier #comingsoon

Man we need this one!

Im thinking this has to do with the Auburn offer and its no bueno for us, dont know for sure thou

Ameer chose us over Auburn so anything can happen

Only because we were the only school who promised to give him a shot at RB. Auburn and the other SEC schools were offering him as a safety.

I'm hoping he is saying this decision is getting easier because Ole Miss took another DT and he didn't like that. Or it could have been in regards to the Auburn offer. Nobody knows at this point!

I find myself agreeing with both sides of a not very disagreeable disagreement.

Announcing Monday Dec 17th at 2pm central, and im hearing we arent on his final list.

Do have another in home scheduled?

I thought they were supposed to visit him this week sometime. The article just came out on an ole miss site and he didnt even mention NU, mentioned OM Auburn Washington and MIss St. Hopefully it was a typo thou

According to Mike Matya, Rivals writer, he texted Hooks asking if Nebraska was eliminated. Lavon responded quickly with "no." The in home with Bo is still most definitely happening, and it seems like nobody has any idea where he's headed.

Thats good, he did refuse to name a leader on the ole miss article. I would still be shocked if he chose us, he was glowing about playing with all of these high calibur recruits ole miss has been getting including Carl Lawson, and Robert Nkemdfajafagaoigaski, if they end up getting them

Lets hope he sees the golden opportunity he has to be THE star here.

According to Mike Matya, Rivals writer, he texted Hooks asking if Nebraska was eliminated. Lavon responded quickly with "no." The in home with Bo is still most definitely happening, and it seems like nobody has any idea where he's headed.

Thats good, he did refuse to name a leader on the ole miss article. I would still be shocked if he chose us, he was glowing about playing with all of these high calibur recruits ole miss has been getting including Carl Lawson, and Robert Nkemdfajafagaoigaski, if they end up getting them

Lets hope he sees the golden opportunity he has to be THE star here.

From what I've heard lately, Arizona State might be his leader. Which would just be a trainwreck for us.

If thats true and we land both Russel and Hooks, our defense has the potential to be absolutely sick next year. Russell, and Hooks in the middle, it looks like we are bringing in two Eric Martin type juco DE's. At minimum we will have Anderson, and Santos at LB (unless a RSF beats one of them out which is a good problem to have) Two lock down CB's. Jonathon Rose, and Mitchell. Along with Evans coming back to play nickel/peso. Then Harvey Jackson at safety, and I believe Baptise will be move to safety or we could see Cooper maybe even Priest Willis at the other safety position. This defense looks like it has the potential to be a vintage Black shirt defense. Add that with our offense which will be even better next year especially if we land Sanderland. Fix our punt returning problem which I think is very solvable, and I think we might be looking at a NC caliber team here!!

If thats true and we land both Russel and Hooks, our defense has the potential to be absolutely sick next year. Russell, and Hooks in the middle, it looks like we are bringing in two Eric Martin type juco DE's. At minimum we will have Anderson, and Santos at LB (unless a RSF beats one of them out which is a good problem to have) Two lock down CB's. Jonathon Rose, and Mitchell. Along with Evans coming back to play nickel/peso. Then Harvey Jackson at safety, and I believe Baptise will be move to safety or we could see Cooper maybe even Priest Willis at the other safety position. This defense looks like it has the potential to be a vintage Black shirt defense. Add that with our offense which will be even better next year especially if we land Sanderland. Fix our punt returning problem which I think is very solvable, and I think we might be looking at a NC caliber team here!!

Baptise is at times our second best corner. I don't think he's moving.

I think we get one of the two in Russel and Hooks. And between the two I like the chances of Russel better. I thought Hooks was pretty certain earlier but as time has gone on he seems a little fickle. More like the type of person who gets excited about the newest toy. Teams coming in late seem to rate higher up that teams that really impressed him early.

As an FYI, there has been some talk about moving Brown up to RE in certain situations similar to Eric Martin.

Baptise is at times our second best corner. I don't think he's moving.

I think we get one of the two in Russel and Hooks. And between the two I like the chances of Russel better. I thought Hooks was pretty certain earlier but as time has gone on he seems a little fickle. More like the type of person who gets excited about the newest toy. Teams coming in late seem to rate higher up that teams that really impressed him early.

As an FYI, there has been some talk about moving Brown up to RE in certain situations similar to Eric Martin.

I see this too. Will be interesting to read his thoughts on Auburn after this weekend, he may well get caught up in the moment being its his last visit before he decides just a day later on Monday.

Nate Clouse thinks we still have a pretty good shot at landing Hooks.

Funny the vast difference you get from board to board sometimes. 247 thinks we are completely out of it, based solely on one article from an Ole Miss site where the writer fails to mention us in the running. Hooks does gush over Ole Miss however.

I do not think we have much of a shot. I could see him committing to Auburn by Monday. Confidence level....94%.