A fan gives his review of Bo. Bo takes it well.

knapplc

I have said many times I do not want him fired, not because I think he is doing a great job, but for the consequences that follow. He has to succeed, or this program will never recover from his firing.

First off, My name is Funhusker and I am a supporter of Bo Pelini....(rest of the room: "Hi Funhusker")

I don't think he has reached his full potential with his teams yet, but I do see improvement. And I am hopeful for the near future with Pelini. That being said, this part of your post stood out to me. I couldn't agree more, and every 'anti-Bo' Husker fan should to realize this. Whether a person think Bo Pelini is 'Devaney II' or he believes he is a 'overpaid wack job', everyone needs to realize he is responsible for a team we love. A team that is at a fork in the road with a chance to make a move back to towards the top or go the way of the History books. We all need him to make the right decisions, some just enjoy the process more.

That caller was probably was tweaker from Missouri sitting in his trailer trying to get a few laughs with his buddies before they go out and rob a pharmacy. Or witchdoctor's hut. Whatever they have down there.

A ****load of Schlitz was consumed that day.

I don't think people can actually be that pompous, can they? His kid was probably sh#t and third string for Lincoln Firefighter's D team if he's actually from here.

You guys know I take credit when it is due. I did not make the call, but he said and feels like a lot of people. I have not heard the call, but from comments made here, it pretty well outlines my wife's opinion of him.

I have said many times he is making improvements, unfortunately I think it is more out of direction, than his feeling it is needed.

My wife does not like him in any way. Very intelligent woman, Director of Nursing at a small hospital in California. She is trained in anger management, mental disorders, abusive actions and a host of other things related.

We are privy to some information about him that most are not, nothing terribly negative, just things that set her off from the first day he was hired. Neither of us wanted him hired for any reason, from things that happened after Solich was fired. She feels he is total embarsment to the program and the university. There are many that feel that way.

I have a Sierra dually with Huskers accross the back window. I run into Nebraska fans nearly every single day. Bo's popularity is undying by some and the dislike by others will never change.

He has done a better job than I expected and have said so many times. I do believe he has made huge strides in his sideline actions. I did up until the last few weeks feel he was a bully. That the kids did not like him or respect him. After the last three nail biters, I think they play for him with all their might. I have said many times I do not want him fired, not because I think he is doing a great job, but for the consequences that follow. He has to succeed, or this program will never recover from his firing.

He is not a head coach, only in name. His actions are that of a beginner, learning as he goes. He is a smart man, and I think he is going to make it, but I feel he will always be polarizing, no matter the wins or losses. For some of us it is not about the wins and losses, it is how the game is played, the actions of the kids on the field and their coach. He has a ways to go. But as I have stated many times I do see progress.

Honestly dude if you're gonna hint that you know something we don't know, just spit it out. Otherwise it's just hot air. It's like all those people who had super secret info about how Taylor was the most hated man on the football team last year. Those people are awfully quiet now.

My wife has worked in therapy, family counseling, and social work since she got out of college.

"If anyone thinks they can jude someone's character and true persona by watching them coach a football game, they're batsh#t crazy."

And she's only a Nebraska fan by marriage. I find it odd that the same people who think Bo is a bad person are also the same people who think Taylor doesn't care about the team, and is a selfish brat. They are the kind of people who walk around judging everyone, thinking they have some kind of "gift" that allows them to understand people without knowing them. They're stupid.

• Fire 1

You guys know I take credit when it is due. I did not make the call, but he said and feels like a lot of people. I have not heard the call, but from comments made here, it pretty well outlines my wife's opinion of him.

I have said many times he is making improvements, unfortunately I think it is more out of direction, than his feeling it is needed.

My wife does not like him in any way. Very intelligent woman, Director of Nursing at a small hospital in California. She is trained in anger management, mental disorders, abusive actions and a host of other things related.

We are privy to some information about him that most are not, nothing terribly negative, just things that set her off from the first day he was hired. Neither of us wanted him hired for any reason, from things that happened after Solich was fired. She feels he is total embarsment to the program and the university. There are many that feel that way.

I have a Sierra dually with Huskers accross the back window. I run into Nebraska fans nearly every single day. Bo's popularity is undying by some and the dislike by others will never change.

He has done a better job than I expected and have said so many times. I do believe he has made huge strides in his sideline actions. I did up until the last few weeks feel he was a bully. That the kids did not like him or respect him. After the last three nail biters, I think they play for him with all their might. I have said many times I do not want him fired, not because I think he is doing a great job, but for the consequences that follow. He has to succeed, or this program will never recover from his firing.

He is not a head coach, only in name. His actions are that of a beginner, learning as he goes. He is a smart man, and I think he is going to make it, but I feel he will always be polarizing, no matter the wins or losses. For some of us it is not about the wins and losses, it is how the game is played, the actions of the kids on the field and their coach. He has a ways to go. But as I have stated many times I do see progress.

Honestly dude if you're gonna hint that you know something we don't know, just spit it out. Otherwise it's just hot air. It's like all those people who had super secret info about how Taylor was the most hated man on the football team last year. Those people are awfully quiet now.

It's all heresay.

• Fire 1

skersfan: Quote

Do you honestly think you were privy to information that Tom Osborne wasn't at the time he hired Bo? I guarantee you weren't and apparently whatever info you have or think you have wasn'tsomething that prevented TO from hiring Bo, and TO is huge on having people with integrity, and character involved in Husker athletics! So, I doubt whatever you are "privy" to is much of anything.

Just a logical theory? I don't want to come across as berating anyone because Us here in Nebraska just don't act that way! lol!

QMany... I want that shirt! Seriously! Print them up and let me know where i get one bro! As a commercial art graduate, the only thing i would suggest you ad to it at the bottom right are the words in black "Bo Knows!"

You got a winner i think!

Instead of "Bo Knows!" it should read "How 'bout that" on the front, and "My Man" on the back. That, I would buy and enjoy wearing around Beatrice...

Did anybody here what will Compton said about bo and his temper? It was somethig lke "yea he has a temper and yells at us sometimes but he also loves us up quite a bit too". I think this goes to show that bo is no where near the animal some think he is, and his players really do like and respect him

I heard another player-cant remember who-in a post game that said "if you screw up, and he doesnt yell at you, that's when you have to be worried. This is the first team of nothing but players who have played under Bo and Bo only in their time here, and everyone now understands how it is. As long as we do, that's all that matters." This was the lockerroom show I'm pretty sure after one of the last few games. Maybe even Northwestern game when the Antonio Bell incident was brought up.

It really does NOT matter what we think, though we are entitled to our own opinions either way. What matters is that this is how the majority of the players feel, and until I see something of substance that suggests there underlying problems (not just Bo and a player arguing right before a 2 digit comeback) I will take the player's word for it.

Did anybody here what will Compton said about bo and his temper? It was somethig lke "yea he has a temper and yells at us sometimes but he also loves us up quite a bit too". I think this goes to show that bo is no where near the animal some think he is, and his players really do like and respect him

It was the announcers during the game that said it. If Bo's only motivational and teaching approach was to yell when a player messes up, I would be worried. Compton's quote indicates he also gives praise for a job well done.