We have gone to a clap cadence - why?

tmfr15

It never ceases to amaze me the things people don't know about football. This is such a common thing. Why is this garnering so much attention?

Just now noticing it because we have never seen the Huskers do it. And he never claps once, he seems to do it several times before getting the ball. I was told it is a way to try and make the defense jump offsides.

I think that's when the play clock is low and he wants the ball NOW! Or other times to keep the D honest.

It never ceases to amaze me the things people don't know about football. This is such a common thing. Why is this garnering so much attention?

Just now noticing it because we have never seen the Huskers do it. And he never claps once, he seems to do it several times before getting the ball. I was told it is a way to try and make the defense jump offsides.

It's also a way to get the defense to reveal where they are blitzing from.

I want to know what happened to our hurry-up offense.

Now it seems we mostly hurry up to the line, then use the spare 18 seconds to stare over at the sideline or walk up and say something to individual players.

I don't remember Taylor or any other Husker QB getting so many signals from the sideline between the huddle break and the snap of the ball.

Now it seems we mostly hurry up to the line, then use the spare 18 seconds to stare over at the sideline or walk up and say something to individual players and to keep the defense from substituting.

I don't remember Taylor or any other Husker QB getting so many signals from the sideline between the huddle break and the snap of the ball.

Now it seems we mostly hurry up to the line, then use the spare 18 seconds to stare over at the sideline or walk up and say something to individual players.

It's the way it's always been, against better defenses we analyze them and decide if we want to continue with the called play. Then if Taylor see something in the coverage he's calling audibles or he and receivers are checking to hot routes. It's just something Beck brought from Kansas. It annoys the crap out of me but it works!

It's the way it's always been, against better defenses we analyze them and decide if we want to continue with the called play. Then if Taylor see something in the coverage he's calling audibles or he and receivers are checking to hot routes. It's just something Beck brought from Kansas. It annoys the crap out of me but it works!

Yeah, but I thought the technique was to call a couple plays in the huddle and call your audible at the line. Seemed like Taylor had more authority to make that decision by himself last year.

It's a better look when the quarterback calls the shot then when the whole offense stand up and looks to the sideline. I sometimes suspect it takes the offense out of its rhythm more than the defense.

I'm not complaining about this offense, mind you. Just thought they were uniquely qualified to run some hurry-up plays, and we don't see much of those any more.

So you are saying you don't want people to start threads? We didn't start the year with the clap cadence. It is obviously something we picked up from tOSU and decided we liked.

Has a thread been started about Maher's rugby-style punting yet? He didn't start the year doing that either.

I don't get the reason for some of your cynical posts. It never ceases to amaze me the things people don't know about internet message boards. :dunno

• Fire 1

So you are saying you don't want people to start threads? We didn't start the year with the clap cadence. It is obviously something we picked up from tOSU and decided we liked.

Has a thread been started about Maher's rugby-style punting yet? He didn't start the year doing that either.

I don't get the reason for some of your cynical posts. It never ceases to amaze me the things people don't know about internet message boards. :dunno

uh oh. It's on.

uh oh. It's on.

It's all good, I like Knap just fine. I just don't understand his "why are you posting this?" or "why are we talking about this?" posts. It's a message board and we are Nebraska fans. We dissect everything.

Yes, there was a thread about Maher rugby style punts.

People on here get mad at threads that ask how many people actually played football (which I've often wondered, I mean has no one been on a freaking team w coaches who yell??), w all the whining and bitching about stuff that, to a person who played college ball is usually nothing.

But then there's cynical reply's to a genuine question about something that has chamged

Yeah, but I thought the technique was to call a couple plays in the huddle and call your audible at the line. Seemed like Taylor had more authority to make that decision by himself last year.

It's a better look when the quarterback calls the shot then when the whole offense stand up and looks to the sideline. I sometimes suspect it takes the offense out of its rhythm more than the defense.

I'm not complaining about this offense, mind you. Just thought they were uniquely qualified to run some hurry-up plays, and we don't see much of those any more.

Beck made it seem like they just call one play/formation, and all they have to do is tweak the blocking and they can run a lot of plays from one formation.

It does seem counter productive from a hurry up stand point, but we could be slowing it down for our own D too. This game's tempo seemed a lot slower. I think we are typically getting the snap off before the play clock hits 15 seconds, but this game was routinely under 10 seconds. I think when we are in a 2 minute or 4 minute mode Taylor gets the signal from the sideline and the rest is all on him though.