Let the coaching carousel begin (2012 Edition)

Its funny how many people were calling for his head at the beginning of the season, even after the OSU game. Now they are freaking out because other schools are interested in him lol. I thought he was a horrible coach?! Some people don't know what you have, until its gone. I don't want Bo to go. This program has been going Forward since he has been here. I don't think he will leave an unfinished product, and I truly believe, Nebraska is his home.

Is it funny? Are the same people "calling for Bo's head" the ones that are "freaking out"? I thought that you guys ran those Bo critics out of town on a rail a few games ago.

You obviously what I read correctly, so I am not sure why your asking me exactly what I stated. YES I think its freaking HILARIOUS. The ones that were calling for Bo's head, are the same ones, even some of my friends, that are freaking out that he may leave us. Those critics are all around. There were actually a couple threads last week and the week before about how Bo needed to go because he is losing his players, and he isn't "treating them right". Its also been stated that Bo can't recruit, and he can't get a good coaching staff.

But those people aren't the ones on this thread "freaking out."

Its funny how many people were calling for his head at the beginning of the season, even after the OSU game. Now they are freaking out because other schools are interested in him lol. I thought he was a horrible coach?! Some people don't know what you have, until its gone. I don't want Bo to go. This program has been going Forward since he has been here. I don't think he will leave an unfinished product, and I truly believe, Nebraska is his home.

Is it funny? Are the same people "calling for Bo's head" the ones that are "freaking out"? I thought that you guys ran those Bo critics out of town on a rail a few games ago.

You obviously what I read correctly, so I am not sure why your asking me exactly what I stated. YES I think its freaking HILARIOUS. The ones that were calling for Bo's head, are the same ones, even some of my friends, that are freaking out that he may leave us. Those critics are all around. There were actually a couple threads last week and the week before about how Bo needed to go because he is losing his players, and he isn't "treating them right". Its also been stated that Bo can't recruit, and he can't get a good coaching staff.

But those people aren't the ones on this thread "freaking out."

I am glad you can see my facebook wall, and some of those people on here are posting in these same threads hoping he doesn't leave. What do you call that? Is someone not allowed to exaggerate just a bit? How about "extremely worried"? Is that better? Same difference, and I am not sure why you are arguing about my wording.

I am glad you can see my facebook wall, and some of those people on here are posting in these same threads hoping he doesn't leave. What do you call that? Is someone not allowed to exaggerate just a bit? How about "extremely worried"? Is that better? Same difference, and I am not sure why you are arguing about my wording.

I'm not talking about your facebook wall. I'm talking about this board. I haven't seen any of the anti-Bo crowd on here worried about him leaving. I'm arguing because, to me, it seems like you're fabricating a story in order to gloat, and that's just tacky.

I'm not talking about your facebook wall. I'm talking about this board. I haven't seen any of the anti-Bo crowd on here worried about him leaving. I'm arguing because, to me, it seems like you're fabricating a story in order to gloat, and that's just tacky.

Your obviously not on here reading much. I could care less what you think. You obviously didn't see all the "Fire Bo" conversations that have been on here in the last month. I stated PEOPLE, did I say ALL of Huskerboard? If I did, I would love to see where I said all of HB was... Your just nitpicking and trying to act like I am categorizing what I said so you can have something to complain about. There were a lot fans and people on HB calling for Bo's head, along with many other coaches, and it still continues. If your too damn blind to see that, and want to complain about what I am saying, then please continue.

The coming back part I don't see as relevant considering nobody else offered him a head coaching gig. Why would any coordinator who aspired to be a head coach return to LSU as a coordinator rather than accepting the head coaching job at Nebraska? Will Muschamp was the highest paid coordinator in college football and had already been named the head coach in waiting at Texas. He bolted for the first head coaching job offered to him. This is what most coordinators do. I just don't think coming back to Nebraska had much to do with why Bo is here. Nothing really ever struck me that Clownahan liked it here and the tradition, but he came here to be a head coach. People go where the jobs are. It's like Bo going to OU after not being retained by NU. Rumor has it he pulled a $hitty or two with regards to a recruit or two. It's all part of the business. You said he came back to Nebraska because he loves and cares for the program. I say he came back to the program because we're the only ones who gave him a shot.

Muschamp left cause he was told that Mack was going to retire within the next 2 yrs and that he would take over. Mack then asked for an extension and got one and that pissed Will off. Florida came calling and he took the job cause he felt slighted by Texas.

Yesterday on 1620, Unsportsmanlike Conduct.....they talked to Adam Rittenberg (Big 10 Blogger and Beat Writer)........they posed the quesiton of "which Big 10 school would most likely be searching for a new coach"..... they were obviously asking which coach was going to get fired.....Purdue came up as a strong possibility.....but toward the end of the conversation, he said that one of the places to keep a close eye on was NEBRASKA.... He stated that Pelini is at the top of almost all the teams in the SEC.

Nothing we didn't already know....but to have the "talking heads" nationally mentioning that Nebraska may be looking for a new coach is concerning. He said the popularity of the SEC, combined with TO retiring may lure Bo away.

At the same time, he said Bo has seemed happier than ever this past month.

From a booster, Bo's wife will not allow the family to be uprooted from Lincoln at this time. Not much for rumor milling, but this is the same guy that told me about Steve Pedersen getting fired a whole 24 hours before it was actually made official.

Pretty sure everybody having anything to do with Nebraska football including fans knew SP was getting fired weeks prior....

I look at it this way. If Bo has trouble with the pressure cooker in Lincoln....SEC is cutthroat country and he's been on that recruiting trail before. Plus Bo seems like a pretty loyal guy. I'm sure he'd take his staff wherever he went but he can't take the kids. I still can't peg how successful Bo will really be over the longhaul but right now the team is finding ways to win and I'm not too upset anymore because I'm starting to get used to the "way" these teams get it done.